BREXIT Be Damned!

Actually you are only allowed to possess what the government allows you to possess.

That statement applies to every country on the planet, or are you saying all Americans can buy their own nuclear bomb?

You aren't more civilized, you are more trusting.

...more likely, less paranoid.

I'm more into mitigating risk.

So in other words you are just frightened of everyone else around you.

Come at me, bro.

:11_2_1043:
I see what you did there. If I can't have a nuke then I don't really have rights? That's more British logic.

No. I have the right to bear arms for the express purpose of serving as a check against a tyrannical government with a standing army. So the question is what exactly does that mean. The Amendment was written to respect to a militia with militia being the whole body of the people. In that regard I have the right to own and possess the technology of the day that any light infantry ought to possess.

And today that means semi-automatic weapons with high capacity magazines.

Try getting one of those in the UK without being wealthy and having connections. You can't.

You can only own what they allow you to own. You're such a trusting bloke. :lol:

On the contrary, I was merely pointing out that there are limits on the "right to bear arms". In fact up until 1903, I believe, you yanks had to register for service in your state militias to be able to own a gun in some states. Your 2nd ammendment debates have no real interest here in the UK, although it would be amusing to see how your "light infantry militia" could stand up to drone strikes and the full might of your standing armed forces. Up until this year we tended to vote out "tyrannical" governments, however we'll have to wait and see what happens with BoJo and his crew, but I doubt taking up arms would solve anything, you only have to look how "tyrants" have been overthrown in recent years around the world with hardly a shot fired by the overthrowers.

It's not at all important. Britain urgently needs new and tougher gun control!

Killing in BROAD DAYLIGHT in the "peaceful" London section - Lewisham.

Man shot dead in broad daylight in south London

Oh, wait, it HAS to be fake news! England already has tough gun control.

Too bad nobody told the police so they could enforce it......

ROFL! Another NRA shill fail. Turns out the man was a would be assassin and shot himself by mistake!

“He came to shoot someone else, but he ended up shooting himself,” said a 56-year-old woman who lives near the crime scene.

“The bullet bounced off a car window. You can see on the car window where the bullet bounced off it.

“After it happened, the boy he came to shoot stood there filming him.”

She added: “He’s been there for three hours covered by a sheet. No mum, no dad. It’s really sad.”

A shopkeeper on the nearby high street also said he had heard reports the man shot himself.

“A group of guys were sitting in a car by the [Lloyds] bank and a big guy came up to them with a shotgun,” he said.

“They all got out of the car and ran so the guy decided to damage the car with the back of the gun.

“As he was hitting the windows the gun went off and he shot himself"

You just can't make this up. I'm so glad we have gun control; keeps dangerous toys out of the hands of idiots. Oh, BTW, shotguns have not been banned over here, just tightly controlled. Next?

And you are arguing what exactly?? Ban hitting cars with rifle butts?

Greg
I'm not arguing anything, merely highlighting the fact that another NRA shill attempt to fearmonger has failed.
I must have missed something.

NRA shill? Conspiracy theory much. The NRA called. They said you are almost out of milk. They know everything about you.

Seriously, you think the NRA is involved in this? Why?

See post #75

Actually you are only allowed to possess what the government allows you to possess.

That statement applies to every country on the planet, or are you saying all Americans can buy their own nuclear bomb?

Come at me, bro.

I see what you did there. If I can't have a nuke then I don't really have rights? That's more British logic.

No. I have the right to bear arms for the express purpose of serving as a check against a tyrannical government with a standing army. So the question is what exactly does that mean. The Amendment was written to respect to a militia with militia being the whole body of the people. In that regard I have the right to own and possess the technology of the day that any light infantry ought to possess.

Try getting one of those in the UK without being wealthy and having connections. You can't.

You can only own what they allow you to own. You're such a trusting bloke. :lol:

On the contrary, I was merely pointing out that there are limits on the "right to bear arms". In fact up until 1903, I believe, you yanks had to register for service in your state militias to be able to own a gun in some states. Your 2nd ammendment debates have no real interest here in the UK, although it would be amusing to see how your "light infantry militia" could stand up to drone strikes and the full might of your standing armed forces. Up until this year we tended to vote out "tyrannical" governments, however we'll have to wait and see what happens with BoJo and his crew, but I doubt taking up arms would solve anything, you only have to look how "tyrants" have been overthrown in recent years around the world with hardly a shot fired by the overthrowers.
I’d rather take my chances with them than without.

And they serve as a deterrent so hopefully we won’t have to use them.

And should it ever come to pass that society ever descend into anarchy, they level the playing field against bigger stronger adversaries intent on doing ill will.

It's not at all important. Britain urgently needs new and tougher gun control!

Killing in BROAD DAYLIGHT in the "peaceful" London section - Lewisham.

Oh, wait, it HAS to be fake news! England already has tough gun control.

Too bad nobody told the police so they could enforce it......

ROFL! Another NRA shill fail. Turns out the man was a would be assassin and shot himself by mistake!

“He came to shoot someone else, but he ended up shooting himself,” said a 56-year-old woman who lives near the crime scene.

“The bullet bounced off a car window. You can see on the car window where the bullet bounced off it.

She added: “He’s been there for three hours covered by a sheet. No mum, no dad. It’s really sad.”

A shopkeeper on the nearby high street also said he had heard reports the man shot himself.

“A group of guys were sitting in a car by the [Lloyds] bank and a big guy came up to them with a shotgun,” he said.

“They all got out of the car and ran so the guy decided to damage the car with the back of the gun.

You just can't make this up. I'm so glad we have gun control; keeps dangerous toys out of the hands of idiots. Oh, BTW, shotguns have not been banned over here, just tightly controlled. Next?

Greg
I'm not arguing anything, merely highlighting the fact that another NRA shill attempt to fearmonger has failed.

NRA shill? Conspiracy theory much. The NRA called. They said you are almost out of milk. They know everything about you.

See post #75
Thumb nail it for me. Because it sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

You might as well blame the nra for your milk going bad.

Greg

See post #75
Thumb nail it for me. Because it sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

You might as well blame the nra for your milk going bad.
Take a coffee break and look at it; it only lasts 30 minutes.

Come at me, bro.

I’d rather take my chances with them than without.

And they serve as a deterrent so hopefully we won’t have to use them.

And should it ever come to pass that society ever descend into anarchy, they level the playing field against bigger stronger adversaries intent on doing ill will.
You're either an extreme pessimist or have watched far too many "Mad Max" and or "Zombie Apocalypse" films. ;)

index.jpg

Forum List

Back