Breitbart died of

In one hour, the other chart shows .027 at three drinks, 240lbs. At two hundred and forty lbs., unless he drank WHILE walking, he was loaded when he started walking. .04 can be DUI in Florida:

In Florida, BAC level is also referred to as BAL level, or Blood Alcohol Level. For commercial drivers, the minimum BAL level required to be charged with DUI is .04 percent and for minors (drivers under the age of 21) it is .02 percent.

Florida BAC chart says at 240, roughly 2.5 drinks...
Florida State Blood Alcohol Chart: BAC Number of drinks & Body weight

240 lb... 2 drinks is .031, 3 drinks is .047. That puts .04 somewhere in the middle... 2.5 drinks, as I said.

Florida DUI law:
Florida DUI Laws: 316.193 Driving under the influence penalties.

You are incorrect about Florida DUI laws. If you don't believe the source I used above, here's the official state site...
Official Website Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles

Conditions for Release of Persons Arrested for DUI-s. 316.193 (9), F.S.

The person is no longer under the influence and;
The person's normal faculties are no longer impaired
The person's blood/breath alcohol level is lower than 0.05; or
Eight hours have elapsed from the time the person was arrested.

Under Florida law, they would have released Breitbart with BAC of .04

Yes, but could still be charged with DUI. .08 is the threshold for a illegal with no other evidence, tough to overcome:

(a) The person is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that the person’s normal faculties are impaired;

This doesn't support the specifics you gave in your statement...
For commercial drivers, the minimum BAL level required to be charged with DUI is .04 percent and for minors (drivers under the age of 21) it is .02 percent
Can you show me anything in FL DUI law that specifies the .04 level and the .02 level, or not?

Note, subsection a states NORMAL FACILITIES IMPAIRED, .08 is proof of impairment but a lower BAC can still be DUI:

Can you show me anything in FL DUI law that specifies the .04 level and the .02 level, or not?

(1) A person is guilty of the offense of driving under the influence and is subject to punishment as provided in subsection (2) if the person is driving or in actual physical control of a vehicle within this state and:
(a) The person is under the influence of alcoholic beverages, any chemical substance set forth in s. 877.111, or any substance controlled under chapter 893, when affected to the extent that the person’s normal faculties are impaired;

Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV) - Alcohol-Related Convictions/Disqualifications-s. 322.61, F.S.
Persons convicted of driving a commercial motor vehicle with a blood alcohol level of .04 or above: driving a motor vehicle while he or she is under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance or refusing to submit to a test to determine the alcohol concentration while driving a commercial motor vehicle, driving a commercial motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance, or driving a commercial motor vehicle while in possession of a controlled substance shall be disqualified from operating a commercial motor vehicle for a period of 1 year. This is in addition to any provisions of s. 316.193 for DUI convictions.
Administrative Suspension of Persons Under the Age of 21 for Driving With an Alcohol Level .02 or Above

Section 322.2616, Florida Statutes, authorizes law enforcement officers having probable cause to believe that a motor vehicle is being driven by or is in the actual physical control of a person who is under the age of 21 while under the influence of alcoholic beverages or who has any alcohol level may lawfully detain this person and may request them to submit to a test to determine the alcohol level. This violation is neither a traffic infraction nor a criminal offense, nor does being detained under this statute constitute an arrest.

Last edited:
I remember seeing a video of him raging at people, and I wondered if there was something wrong. I'd have to read more, but the first bit I found seemed to indicate I was headed in the right direction. "When the carotid artery is affected, blood supply to the brain is diminished."

Multi-Infarct Dementia Information and Explanation

However, it seems to affect people considerably older than Mr. Breitbart.

No... no.... no......

I remember seeing a video of him raging at people, and I wondered if there was something wrong. I'd have to read more, but the first bit I found seemed to indicate I was headed in the right direction. "When the carotid artery is affected, blood supply to the brain is diminished."

No... no.... no......

Probably booze.

There are any one of dozens of poisons that could mimic a heart attack. Liberals got to him. I'm surprised that they haven't gotten rid of others too.

No illegal drugs were found in his system, foul play has been ruled out. He was overweight, drank heavy, and had hardening of the arteries. A candidate for a heart attack. "Murder" speculation is a horrible thought, he had family, think of them instead of political points.

Some of the poisons that can mimic a heart attack are virtually undetectable. Some take specialized tests and would not show up on a routine tox screen. Los Angeles is a very liberal city, the coroner will say whatever he's supposed to say. Breitbart's death, like Ted Stevens and 7 members of Seal Team Six are very convenient to the liberal cause.

Fucking moron.

No illegal drugs were found in his system, foul play has been ruled out. He was overweight, drank heavy, and had hardening of the arteries. A candidate for a heart attack. "Murder" speculation is a horrible thought, he had family, think of them instead of political points.

Some of the poisons that can mimic a heart attack are virtually undetectable. Some take specialized tests and would not show up on a routine tox screen. Los Angeles is a very liberal city, the coroner will say whatever he's supposed to say. Breitbart's death, like Ted Stevens and 7 members of Seal Team Six are very convenient to the liberal cause.

Fucking moron.

Overweight, heavy drinker, genetics, no MURDER.

No... no.... no......

Probably booze.

The leading cause of DCM is idiopathic. Alcohol abuse certailnly causes it too. However, to die of it at 43, regardless of culprit is most likely a genetic factor.

Even people that live hard usually make it past that.

Also, "heart failure" is a clinical condition. The symptoms of heart failure are slow and indolent. The cause of sudden death in people with DCM is usually a fatal arrhythmia caused by death of tissue in the intraventricular septum which is the hearts conduction system.

It was just waiting to happen. So person goes out for a walk, their heart rate picks up, the conduction system starts firing more rapidly and boom!

Fucking moron.

Overweight, heavy drinker, genetics, no MURDER.

Hilarious that he thinks some magical poison can also instantly remodel the heart.

Of course katz is a fucking moron.

No... no.... no......

Probably booze.

The leading cause of DCM is idiopathic. Alcohol abuse certailnly causes it too. However, to die of it at 43, regardless of culprit is most likely a genetic factor.

Also, "heart failure" is a clinical condition. The symptoms of heart failure are slow and indolent. The cause of sudden death in people with DCM is usually a fatal arrhythmia caused by death of tissue in the intraventricular septum which is the hearts conduction system.

It was just waiting to happen. So person goes out for a walk, their heart rate picks up, the conduction system starts firing more rapidly and boom!

Thank you for the information; doesn't being overweight also contribute to heart attacks?

Probably booze.

Thank you for the information; doesn't being overweight also contribute to heart attacks?

Yes, but it's really another symptom of poor diet, no exercise, and smoking.

Smoking is the worst thing you can do for your heart.

Note, subsection a states NORMAL FACILITIES IMPAIRED, .08 is proof of impairment but a lower BAC can still be DUI:

(1) A person is guilty of the offense of driving under the influence and is subject to punishment as provided in subsection (2) if the person is driving or in actual physical control of a vehicle within this state and:

Commercial Motor Vehicles (CMV) - Alcohol-Related Convictions/Disqualifications-s. 322.61, F.S.
Persons convicted of driving a commercial motor vehicle with a blood alcohol level of .04 or above: driving a motor vehicle while he or she is under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance or refusing to submit to a test to determine the alcohol concentration while driving a commercial motor vehicle, driving a commercial motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or controlled substance, or driving a commercial motor vehicle while in possession of a controlled substance shall be disqualified from operating a commercial motor vehicle for a period of 1 year. This is in addition to any provisions of s. 316.193 for DUI convictions.
Administrative Suspension of Persons Under the Age of 21 for Driving With an Alcohol Level .02 or Above

Section 322.2616, Florida Statutes, authorizes law enforcement officers having probable cause to believe that a motor vehicle is being driven by or is in the actual physical control of a person who is under the age of 21 while under the influence of alcoholic beverages or who has any alcohol level may lawfully detain this person and may request them to submit to a test to determine the alcohol level. This violation is neither a traffic infraction nor a criminal offense, nor does being detained under this statute constitute an arrest.

Yes, but it's really another symptom of poor diet, no exercise, and smoking.

Smoking is the worst thing you can do for your heart.

That is my one & only vice.......................................

No... no.... no......

Probably booze.

Right. That's why I specifically said he was way before the age where this would likely be the cause.

When people start acting strangely - Breitbart wigging out was not normal, I don't care what anybody on either side says. Unless he was drunk, something was wrong.

No. I'm not a doctor. My mother was diagnosed with dementia and died February 13, 2011 after a long and debilitating illness that was I wanna say 5000 miles from a stroll in the park.

I don't think one has to be a doctor to put the pieces together. And doing so, even if the conclusion is in error, doesn't make me 'despicable.'

Thanks. That's what I was asking for.

Now, you do realize that those numbers are for Commercial Vehicle drivers, and not the general public driving in their non-commercial vehicles, right?

Also, Section 322.2616 doesn't state the .02 for those under 21, and does state this...
This violation is neither a traffic infraction nor a criminal offense, nor does being detained under this statute constitute an arrest.

So, essentially, while your numbers were indeed correct, they do not apply to anyone in FL but Commercial Drivers.

Thanks. That's what I was asking for.

Now, you do realize that those numbers are for Commercial Vehicle drivers, and not the general public driving in their non-commercial vehicles, right?

Also, Section 322.2616 doesn't state the .02 for those under 21, and does state this...
This violation is neither a traffic infraction nor a criminal offense, nor does being detained under this statute constitute an arrest.

So, essentially, while your numbers were indeed correct, they do not apply to anyone in FL but Commercial Drivers.

Yes, I always did; subsection "a" however allows DUI charges even if BAC is below .08. It depends on the circumstances. Damage property with a BAC of .04 you might be charged.

322.2616 carry a PENALTY, thus it is nnot legal for anyone under 21 to drive with a .02 BAC!

Last edited:
A BAC level of .04 after walking early in the morning? It must have been sky high before he set out walking.

He could have had a drink before he went to bed, with him being over weight, his body probably didn't burn off alcohol that quickly.

That kind of BAC would take several drinks for man his size, and after bed, walking up, and walking, he'd have burned off some.

.04 is barely drunk...

That is half the normal BAC to legally drive a vehicle.

Hell, I blew a .40 one time on my personal BAC tester... Now that is about 4.5x the legal limit to drive a vehicle.

He could have had a drink before he went to bed, with him being over weight, his body probably didn't burn off alcohol that quickly.

That kind of BAC would take several drinks for man his size, and after bed, walking up, and walking, he'd have burned off some.

.04 is barely drunk...

That is half the normal BAC to legally drive a vehicle.

Hell, I blew a .40 one time on my personal BAC tester... Now that is about 4.5x the legal limit to drive a vehicle.
That can be lethal.

CONSERVATIVe, read THIS section:

Forum List

Back