Breastfeeding= Nanny State

Much as I like the gal, Michelle may have wanted to think about this one a little more. I thought the goal of us righties was to reduce the tax burden as much as possible. In a perfect world we would simplify our tax code and there would be no such thing as tax breaks or tax credits for anyone. But if we can't do that, we might as take little bites out of things instead. Make for an ever more convoluted tax code, but gets us to the same spot.

Would you get one if you could get a tax break?
no
why would i buy something i have no use for
:lol:

Well then maybe you should read my original post where I brought up the $50 breast pump being a non-issue

It is an issue becuase of the way it was presented.

If it were presented as a way to make those that wish to breast feed more apt to breast feed...fine.

But it was brought up in a way saying it is PREFERRED by our first lady that women breast feed and therefore an incentive to do so should be implemented.

The approach of this administration and first family is what needs to be worked on. They are the first family....not our masters.

Laws should not be implemented to refelct preferences of the first family. They need to understand this.

Would you get one if you could get a tax break?
no

Well then maybe you should read my original post where I brought up the $50 breast pump being a non-issue

I put it like this RW...

When people say "It's a drop in the bucket, we need to focus on bigger problems," much like you are doing here... I say, "But it's fuckin raining outside."

The breast pump might not cost the tax payer 100billion, maybe 10million in tax credits. The point is you have just defended a problem, and while on it's own it's wrong you defend it with claims that it's a "small cost" and more so that it's a small cost compared to other things... What you fail to realize is that all you did was further perpetuate a problem by adding to it, now that bucket is sitting in a flooded room.

RW, you're part of the problem as you're not part of the solution. If a tax credit showed up to cut the cost of guns in half, would you be supporting it? I wouldn't...

It's amazing how everyday you prove to be more and more of a Neocon as you like to use examples of Neocons doing something “bad” as a way of making ok for you to defend something equal and bad.

no

I put it like this RW...

When people say "It's a drop in the bucket, we need to focus on bigger problems," much like you are doing here... I say, "But it's fuckin raining outside."

The breast pump might not cost the tax payer 100billion, maybe 10million in tax credits. The point is you have just defended a problem, and while on it's own it's wrong you defend it with claims that it's a "small cost" and more so that it's a small cost compared to other things... What you fail to realize is that all you did was further perpetuate a problem by adding to it, now that bucket is sitting in a flooded room.

RW, you're part of the problem as you're not part of the solution. If a tax credit showed up to cut the cost of guns in half, would you be supporting it? I wouldn't...

It's amazing how everyday you prove to be more and more of a Neocon as you like to use examples of Neocons doing something “bad” as a way of making ok for you to defend something equal and bad.
most people dont even itemize deductions
a tax break on a <$50 item is not going to even show up on most tax returns

no

I put it like this RW...

I am saying it is a non-issue because once again wingnuts like Backmann are harping on a minor part of a larger issue. The issue in Obama's initiative is not to force women to breastfeed but to remove impediments to a woman who wants to breastfeed her child but cant. I said it is a non-issue because a woman will not make her decision based on a $50 breastpump

The REAL issue is that women decide not to breastfeed because it interferes with their ability to work. Either their employers refuse to allow them time to pump or there is no appropriate area where she can pump and store her milk

I put it like this RW...

I am saying it is a non-issue because once again wingnuts like Backmann are harping on a minor part of a larger issue. The issue in Obama's initiative is not to force women to breastfeed but to remove impediments to a woman who wants to breastfeed her child but cant. I said it is a non-issue because a woman will not make her decision based on a $50 breastpump

The REAL issue is that women decide not to breastfeed because it interferes with their ability to work. Either their employers refuse to allow them time to pump or there is no appropriate area where she can pump and store her milk

All it takes is a baby mouth and a breast..

No, the state is being called a nanny state for trying to spend money on breast pumps as a way to induce women to breast feed.

No

The state is trying to remove impediments to women being able to breast feed their child. If a woman cannot pump milk at work, she will give up on breastfeeding

Then she will buy formula at the store and help stimulate the economy, thus making sure the formula makers have someone to make formula for.

I put it like this RW...

Factually untrue.
You can pump in a rest room.
You can pump in advance at home.
You can store in a refirgerator.
You can store in a cooler.

The real issue was Michelle Obama's approach.
She made it clear that she beleives women SHOULD breast feed and thereofre wants laws that reflect her personal sentiment.

It is inapporpriate.

I put it like this RW...

It's amazing how everyday you prove to be more and more of a Neocon as you like to use examples of Neocons doing something &#8220;bad&#8221; as a way of making ok for you to defend something equal and bad.

Factually untrue.

She made it clear that she beleives women SHOULD breast feed and thereofre wants laws that reflect her personal sentiment.

It is inapporpriate.

You have obviously never been around women who breastfeed..

Would you eat your lunch in a restroom? Would you feed your most beloved child milk that was expressed in a toilet?

Nine to ten hours is a long time to go without pumping milk

or you could buy a small cooler that would be tax deductable

Yes you can. All your employer would have to do is make sure there is a safe place you can store your cooler

Last edited:

It is inapporpriate.

Can you show any place where Michelle Obama said women should not have the choice of whether to breastfeed or not?

I put it like this RW...

Again, you're part of the larger problem as I'd like tax credits on everything I do and buy... Why should I be paying 1,600 bucks for a new VettaII line6 guitar AMP head when Government should knock off 700$ to help support my art...

Why should my Tama drum kit with Zildjin A custom cymbals cost me in the 4,000$ when Government can give ME a tax credit of 1,500 bucks to support my art...
What of my bass and recording gear!?!?

Why did I have to spend thousands of dollars on my awesome commercial grade home gym to keep in super star shape and yet the Government didn’t give lil ol me 5k off on tax credits????? Does the Government want me to be fat????

Do you see at all where this is going RW? Why do some people get tax credits and some don’t… Tax credits cost money collected from tax payers, money that if were not taken could have been put to use for my own projects in life.

Again, you support silly stupid ideas meant to do nothing other than create dependency and buy votes because a Democrat is peddling it. And please, never use “lowbie” poor people, children, troops, mumz and other crap to try and declare some sort of moral higher ground to produce a false sense acceptance for crap programs that further erode our society by creating by definition a nanny welfare state.

Factually untrue.

It is inapporpriate.

Would you eat your lunch in a restroom? Would you feed your most beloved child milk that was expressed in a toilet?

Yes you can. All your employer would have to do is make sure there is a safe place you can store your cooler

If you mean it's gross to breastfeed your babby in the restroom . . . babbies are clueless, they don't know they're in a restroom and wouldn't care if they did know.

The milk isn't expressed into a toilet it's expressed into a container. Many restrooms also have sofas in them and pumping there would be pretty comfortable. I'm sure there's an empty office around that one could use instead of the restroom though.

Why can't the pumping mother just bring a cooler from home to store the milk in along with some freezy packs. One and done.

Personally I think RW puts these threads up just for a fucking laugh.

I know I LMAO reading them.

Way to go RW. LOL

I put it like this RW...

Again, you're part of the larger problem as I'd like tax credits on everything I do and buy... Why should I be paying 1,600 bucks for a new VettaII line6 guitar AMP head when Government should knock off 700$ to help support my art...

Why should my Tama drum kit with Zildjin A custom cymbals cost me in the 4,000$ when Government can give ME a tax credit of 1,500 bucks to support my art...
What of my bass and recording gear!?!?

Why did I have to spend thousands of dollars on my awesome commercial grade home gym to keep in super star shape and yet the Government didn’t give lil ol me 5k off on tax credits????? Does the Government want me to be fat????

Do you see at all where this is going RW? Why do some people get tax credits and some don’t… Tax credits cost money collected from tax payers, money that if were not taken could have been put to use for my own projects in life.

Again, you support silly stupid ideas meant to do nothing other than create dependency and buy votes because a Democrat is peddling it. And please, never use “lowbie” poor people, children, troops, mumz and other crap to try and declare some sort of moral higher ground to produce a false sense acceptance for crap programs that further erode our society by creating by definition a nanny welfare state.

How dense are you?

Respond to what I posted not some imagined diatribe about the fucking $50 breast pump

no

It is an issue becuase of the way it was presented.

If it were presented as a way to make those that wish to breast feed more apt to breast feed...fine.

But it was brought up in a way saying it is PREFERRED by our first lady that women breast feed and therefore an incentive to do so should be implemented.

The approach of this administration and first family is what needs to be worked on. They are the first family....not our masters.

Laws should not be implemented to refelct preferences of the first family. They need to understand this.

It is the preferred way.
No one is forcing anyone to do a damn thing.
They never claimed to be your master. It is NOT A LAW.
MTDAN

Factually untrue.

It is inapporpriate.

If you mean it's gross to breastfeed your babby in the restroom . . . babbies are clueless, they don't know they're in a restroom and wouldn't care if they did know.

The milk isn't expressed into a toilet it's expressed into a container. Many restrooms also have sofas in them and pumping there would be pretty comfortable. I'm sure there's an empty office around that one could use instead of the restroom though.

Why can't the pumping mother just bring a cooler from home to store the milk in along with some freezy packs. One and done.

Germs are not clueless, restrooms are full of fecal bacteria

All women want is a reasonable accomodation of the time and a relatively clean place to pump milk.

Not that big a deal

Forum List

Back