Breakint News: Noot's Ex-Wife Claims He Wanted An "Open Marriage"

I saw a Newt supporter on MSNBC earlier, he was saying that what happened 10 years ago shouldn't matter because Newt has "grown in compassion since he was forgiven by Jesus", and since the affairs happened BEFORE he converted to Catholicism, we should forgive him as well, because he's "grown in compassion".

Yeah........right..........just more lip service to the masses to convince them he's turned over a new leaf.

yeah, you all PREACH forgiveness, turning over a new leaf (take Robert Byrd) for example.
but if it's a Republican...all that preaching turning over a new leaf flies right out your butts

If he really did turn over a new leaf, then why is he so mean spirited and nasty?

Especially when it comes to the poor......WWJD?

I saw a Newt supporter on MSNBC earlier, he was saying that what happened 10 years ago shouldn't matter because Newt has "grown in compassion since he was forgiven by Jesus", and since the affairs happened BEFORE he converted to Catholicism, we should forgive him as well, because he's "grown in compassion".

Yeah........right..........just more lip service to the masses to convince them he's turned over a new leaf.

When he was going after Clinton for sexual matters, I wonder if he was saved back then as well?

yeah, you all PREACH forgiveness, turning over a new leaf (take Robert Byrd) for example.
but if it's a Republican...all that preaching turning over a new leaf flies right out your butts

If he really did turn over a new leaf, then why is he so mean spirited and nasty?

Especially when it comes to the poor......WWJD?

What has he done to show he has turned over a new leaf? I am being serious here.

Yes...and he said he knew nothing about it.
The next step of vetting would be to go to the congregation and interview the congregation to find out if Obama was being truthful.
Did they do that?
Or did they take Obama for his word?
I'd be willing to bet that everyone that voted in the 2008 election knew who Wright was.

Here's a little blurb on wikipedia about the media frenzy over the story. Lots of links and some good ones of Jon Stewart and Colbert satirizing the media frenzy.

Commentary on media coverage

The controversy sparked continuous media coverage, on both national media outlets and local sources. More than 3,000 news stories had been written on the issue by early April.[57]

Wright's church, Trinity United Church of Christ, criticized the media coverage of his past sermons, saying in a statement that Wright's "character is being assassinated in the public sphere.... It is an indictment on Dr. Wright's ministerial legacy to present his global ministry within a 15- or 30-second sound bite."[58]

Lara Cohen, news director at the Us Weekly, noted that her publication "has been accused of distracting people from the 'Important Issues'" because of its focus on Supermarket tabloid concerns, and said that mainstream media "talking heads love to tut-tut about how attention to celebrity gossip is causing the great dumbing-down of American society." She charged that, in light of the sensationalized coverage about Wright, mainstream media outlets no longer had grounds to make these criticisms of Us Weekly, and turned the charge back upon the mainstream media. Cohen stated, "The true hallmark of sensationalized journalism is ginning up controversy to drive sales, and for the mainstream news media Wright was a tailor-made tabloid icon. With newspaper sales at record lows, network news ratings tanking and 24-hour news channels desperate to fill up all 24 hours, Wright's outbursts were the mainstream media's equivalent of Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch—a train wreck no one could turn away from. And so they milked it, regardless of the impact on the very race they were supposedly covering objectively."[59]

Republican commentator and former National Security Council staff member Lt. Col. Oliver North (whom Wright mentioned in his controversial comments) said of the controversy's media coverage, "Rather than serving up more blather about Jeremiah Wright, editors, producers and program directors would better serve us all by sending their commentators and correspondents out to cover those who have volunteered to serve in our military."[60]

Stephen Colbert satirized what he portrayed as the media's obsession with the Wright story.[61] Jon Stewart similarly made fun of the media's obsession with Wright, calling it their "Festival of Wrights" and the "Reverending Story."[62][63]

Investigative journalist Robert Parry contrasted the mainstream media's attention to Wright with its almost total silence on the topic of South Korean religious leader Sun Myung Moon and his relationship with the Republican Party and especially the Bush family.[64]

On July 20, 2010, the political commentary website The Daily Caller reported that a group of reporters and columnists for major periodicals who were a part of the JournoList listserv had secretly worked together to devise a strategy to minimize the damage to the Barack Obama campaign by depicting as racists those political or media figures who attempted to make Wright an issue in the campaign. This was explicitly discussed as a strategy to keep the right from maintaining control of the country.[65]

Yes...that is my point...it all became about Wright......not about Obama.
I made it clear....the media reported on Wirhgt.....but they did not vett obama.

The news would have been worthy and not a media frenzy if SOMEONE decided to try to find out if Obama was ho9nest when he said he knew nothing.

But no one tried to do that. Thsy simply reported on Wright...said Obama knew nothing about it...and then reported more on wirght.

Tell me.....what was Obamas excuse for not knowing the sentiments of a man he called his mentor?

Do you know?

If not...why were you so quick to believe him?

Or did you not believe him.

What EXACTLY did the rev. say that was wrong?

Newt has turned over a new leaf my BIG TOE!

He was, and remains, the most BOMBASTIC, flame-throwing, rhetoric spewing figure in modern-day politics.

• Welfare President
  • Food-Stamp President
  • Black Children Don't Have Any Working Examples
  • Black Children Need To Work As Janitors
  • Offering to go to the NAACP to tell them how they should demand that Barack get them off food-stamps and begin to work and make money
  • Doubling down when asked if he realizes how offensive and hurtful these remarks are to Americans and particularly Black Americans.

The list goes on, and these were remarks made within the last 356 days...and repeated.

Yeah...Newt turned over a new leaf alright! :rolleyes:

Bill Clinton, Womanizer Proven = Honorable
Newt accused of wanting an Open Marriage = Scum of the earth

Gotta love how Liberals think.

What happened to all you fucking assholes who were screaming it was none of our business when Clinton had our Scandal? I guess it's only none of our Business when a Liberal Democrat is the Target right?
So, tell us....how should Clinton have been treated.

This is how he WAS treated: impeached, prosecuted for perjury, disbarred, never elected for any office again.

Again, how should Clinton HAVE BEEN treated?

Never Elected to Any office again?

You do know that it is EXTREMELY rare that a president, 1 or 2 term, Goes on to be elected to any office.

In fact I only know of one case of a former US president running for Office after he was President. That was for Senate.

john quincy adams returned to the house after his presidency

as far as i know, he never lied to a grand jury or asked for a divorce while his wife was being treated for cancer.

Bill Clinton, Womanizer Proven = Honorable
Newt accused of wanting an Open Marriage = Scum of the earth

Gotta love how Liberals think.

What happened to all you fucking assholes who were screaming it was none of our business when Clinton had our Scandal? I guess it's only none of our Business when a Liberal Democrat is the Target right?
So, tell us....how should Clinton have been treated.

This is how he WAS treated: impeached, prosecuted for perjury, disbarred, never elected for any office again.

Again, how should Clinton HAVE BEEN treated?

Never Elected to Any office again?

You do know that it is EXTREMELY rare that a president, 1 or 2 term, Goes on to be elected to any office.

In fact I only know of one case of a former US president running for Office after he was President. That was for Senate.

Not answering my question, are you? How SHOULD Clinton have been treated?

Newt has turned over a new leaf my BIG TOE!

He was, and remains, the most BOMBASTIC, flame-throwing, rhetoric spewing figure in modern-day politics.

• Welfare President
  • Food-Stamp President
  • Black Children Don't Have Any Working Examples
  • Black Children Need To Work As Janitors
  • Offering to go to the NAACP to tell them how they should demand that Barack get them off food-stamps and begin to work and make money
  • Doubling down when asked if he realizes how offensive and hurtful these remarks are to Americans and particularly Black Americans.

The list goes on, and these were remarks made within the last 356 days...and repeated.

Yeah...Newt turned over a new leaf alright! :rolleyes:

He didn't claim he became a Democrat, dipstick.

Furthermore, he didn't say what you claim. You have posted a collection of straw men.

yeah, and what would you call what the Obama did to Hillary Clinton...a love fest?

Indeed, that was hard fought, but this nonsense in the GOP is vicious, mean-spirited, at times absolutely false, and they want to be president? I will vote for Romney, not for any of the others now.

awww, vicious, mean-spirited?
don't you all tell us Politics is a blood sport, or something like that..:lol:
now if you want to talk about gutter politics like what is going on in this thread..?

Honey bun, we can't do anything about the libs or politico or whatever. Our guys are so gutting each other the eventual winner is going to have an almost impossible time standing up to BHO.

Anyway, this is all a big deflection.

Fact of the matter is that Newt is a pig.

Deal with it.

As or many Politicians, At least Newt asked for an Open Marriage. Most of them just Cheat, and then Lie to congress when they get caught.

But then those ones are shining examples of Honor and Integrity and Newt is just a pig right?

lol

Newt is a pig compared to Romney, Santorum, and Paul.

Pure Horse shit. Obama vetted are you for real. Aside from Fox News and Right wing Talk Radio Obama was the least Vetted president in History. The Liberal Press not only ignored the stories, they down played them, Dismissed them.

Vetted my ass.

You are admitting that he was vetted!

Whassamatta? Your own vetting needs validation from the real reporters? :lol:

Vetting includes interviewing past realtionships....such as Newts wife.....such as victims of Bain Capital failures.....

Who was interviewed from Obamas past?
People who knew him in Chicago.

If FOXNEWS couldn't dig up dirt, perhaps there wasn't any. Do you blame MSNBC for that?

Read it and weep:
Investigative Reporting by Brian Ross and the ABC News Investigative Unit | Blotter - ABC News

And right now, I'm watching Rick Perry's resignation speech on msnbc and him backing Noot.

Oh boy...Republican politricks are so much FUN!!!

This GOP nomination fight is perhaps the finest political demonstration of a circular firing squad.
But out of this protracted battle will rise a TRUE CONSERVATIVE!!!!

Patience, Jake.

Read it and weep:
Investigative Reporting by Brian Ross and the ABC News Investigative Unit | Blotter - ABC News

And right now, I'm watching Rick Perry's resignation speech on msnbc and him backing Noot.

This GOP nomination fight is perhaps the finest political demonstration of a circular firing squad.
But out of this protracted battle will rise a TRUE CONSERVATIVE!!!!

Patience, Jake.

And then they let Obama say he was not aware of it all, and didn't press him on what was an Obvious Lie.
Wrong again. He was hounded until he threw Wright under the bus.

yep...exactly...so it all became about wright.....not Obama.

But tell me.....what was the reason he was able to say the man was a great friend, his mentor, a close relationship for 20 years....but he never knew of his sermons.

Lets see what happens with Newt and his wife....

After the interview...will it be all about Newts wife ...or will it be all about Newt?

I don't remember him saying that.

Read it and weep:

yeah, and what would you call what the Obama did to Hillary Clinton...a love fest?
The media was pro-Hillary. Remember?

This is Newt's line, also - that he is much more mature now - which means that Republicans elevated an immature man to the House Speakership.

Forum List

Back