Breaking the Law and the Bundy Ranch

f252863

Dec 20, 2013
There is almost universal agreement that breaking the law is bad, but there is no consideration given to the fact that many laws are a usurpation of universal rights that every person is entitled to. Is a law just simply because it has a majority vote behind it? What if 51% of the population votes to enslave the other 49%?

It seems to me that a vast majority of the people are so conditioned to "obeying the law" that they give no consideration at all as to whether the laws are just. These citizens are a dream come true to politicians who by and large are the most corrupt component of society. What is even more disconcerting is the that they have power of coercion.

A business has no power of coercion, the customers decide who fails and who succeeds. You might say "well, business gets in bed with government". That is crony capitalism, not capitalism and the problem is government as they sell themselves to the highest bidder.

If I owned a successful business I would have to buy lobbyists in Washington, without that influence my competitors would destroy me. The game is rigged and it begins with Washington.

Martin Luther King, who was protected by the Deacons for Defense and Justice (a black militia) easily answered this question for us:

One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

Now, what is the difference between the two? How does one determine whether a law is just or unjust? A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. To put it in the terms of St. Thomas Aquinas: An unjust law is a human law that is not rooted in eternal law and natural law. Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust.

Let us consider a more concrete example of just and unjust laws. An unjust law is a code that a numerical or power majority group compels a minority group to obey but does not make binding on itself. This is difference made legal. By the same token, a just law is a code that a majority compels a minority to follow and that it is willing to follow itself. This is sameness made legal. Let me give another explanation. A law is unjust if it is inflicted on a minority that, as a result of being denied the right to vote, had no part in enacting or devising the law.

Sometimes a law is just on its face and unjust in its application. For instance, I have been arrested on a charge of parading without a permit. Now, there is nothing wrong in having an ordinance which requires a permit for a parade. But such an ordinance becomes unjust when it is used to deny citizens the First-Amendment privilege of peaceful assembly and protest....

We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was "illegal." It was "illegal" to aid and comfort a Jew in Hitler's Germany. Even so, I am sure that, had I lived in Germany at the time, I would have aided and comforted my Jewish brothers. If today I lived in a Communist country where certain principles dear to the Christian faith are suppressed, I would openly advocate disobeying that country's antireligious laws.

Last edited:
its state law vs few laws
the bundys are using state laws to justify their position, and this is a smart move. The Hage's made a agreement with the feds and that made them subject to fed rules.
this is why the bundys don't pay the feds, it makes them subject to their rules.
Clive contrinuously talks of the farm in his familys name...well Nevada squatter rights give him that claim without proof if its been in his family for over a 100 years

everybody says clive is breaking the law, maybe, but maybe not.
The U.S. government has NO jurisdiction or authority over the sovereign State of Nevada lands. (US Const. Art. 1 Sec. 8 Clause 17)

Hage decision. Hages awarded millions only to have it overturned by blm buddies in federal courts
http://www.thespectrum.com/article/...60039/Local-rancher-responds-U-S-court-ruling

Last edited:

Forum List

Back