BREAKING! Robert Mueller Requests Postponement of Gen. Michael Flynn’s Sentencing

Ah haaaa! What do we have here? I think reality has set in and Mueller is now realizing what a shit storm he's gotten himself into. Mark my words, Flynn is going to get his indictment tossed due to the corrupt FISA Warrant. Mueller realizes that now.

JUST IN=> Robert Mueller Requests Postponement of Gen. Michael Flynn's Sentencing

I think you're a little behind the times. Flynn is well past the "indictment" phase - he's already plead guilty.

That's why they're talking about sentencing.

Guilty pleas, obtained via illegally gotten evidence, are Vacated not infrequently.

Illegally gotten evidence? Flynn has admitted he got paid for his Russian speech by RUSSIA, and he didn't file as a foreign agent. He's been busted for violating the Logan Act. He was busted trying to make millions of dollars in exchange for helping kidnap a Turkish cleric in Pennsylvania.

I think the real question here is, why are you trying to defend a criminal?
Links?

If you need links to this information, you been living in a cave. And I'm sorry you aren't paying attention to news... but that's your problem not mine. Quit being lazy.

If half of what has been reported is true, then the info they used against flynn was most likely obtained via the illegal FISA warrant. If that is indeed factual, flynn walks.

Bet Muller would hang him self if that happened. Getting such a high profile case tossed in the can in front of the whole world, literally.

mueller has screwed up major cases before. I talked with the US Attorney out here one time and was told that once mueller gets an idea in his head he simply won't let it go no matter what evidence is presented to refute it. He doesn't seem to learn, but his ego seems to be pretty strong. Strong enough to handle the denigration that comes with the bad cases he's pursued.

I don’t know, Trump has a way of unhinging people. A loss like this to Trump may be to much for that ego.
Did you hear how many times Trump referred to "WE" and "OUR" (Close to 300) while Obama seldom used "WE" or "OUR"....only "I" and "Me." That is an over extended ego. He's trying to convince the listeners he is as great as he thinks he is.

Trump has an ego (all politicians do) but it doesn't get in the way for love of country. He isn't working for himself. He doesn't have to. He's working for the safety and prosperity of the citizens.

No one said who is bad. Ego can be a positive driver to great things. Like you said, you would have to have a huge ego to be in that business. Just wondering how that ego would survive a hit like that is all.
I understand.

Ah haaaa! What do we have here? I think reality has set in and Mueller is now realizing what a shit storm he's gotten himself into. Mark my words, Flynn is going to get his indictment tossed due to the corrupt FISA Warrant. Mueller realizes that now.

JUST IN=> Robert Mueller Requests Postponement of Gen. Michael Flynn's Sentencing

I think you're a little behind the times. Flynn is well past the "indictment" phase - he's already plead guilty.

Guilty pleas, obtained via illegally gotten evidence, are Vacated not infrequently.

What evidence involved in Flynn's lying to the FBI was obtained illegally?

If half of what has been reported is true, then the info they used against flynn was most likely obtained via the illegal FISA warrant. If that is indeed factual, flynn walks.

this might enlighten you on how a FISA warrant is obtained, the protocol & the renewal process; including how flynn got busted along with carter page. it's lengthy, but worth the read.

FBI obtained FISA warrant to monitor Trump adviser Carter Page
By Ellen Nakashima, Devlin Barrett and Adam Entous April 11, 2017

I understand how they are supposed to be obtained. It appears the fbi broke all sorts of laws in getting the warrant they wanted. That makes EVERYTHING they got from that warrant inadmissible. It's a real simple concept that you people seem to be missing. Guilty people go free all of the time when the government fucks up and breaks the laws pertaining to gathering evidence.

Why would a FISA warrant against the Russian ambassador be illegal?

Not talking about that one. I am talking about the one that was being used against trump. The unmasking that was going on by the obama admin tells me they had a tap going on trump tower. Good luck justifying that one.

"The unmasking that was going on by the Obama admin tells me they had a tap going on Trump tower"

That sentence doesn't make sense. It looks like a pile of buzzwords without substance.

How would the "unmasking" tell you that Trump tower was tapped?

As for the surveillance that trapped Flynn in his lie - he was on the phone with the Russian Ambassador. It's a pretty safe bet that the target of the surveillance was the Russian, and not Flynn.

Then you didn't read and understand what I said. While obama was still in office there was a flurry of unmasking going on. All of it designed to harm the trump campaign. How did the obama admin get the information that allowed them to do the unmasking? As far as flynns case go's. How do you know? None of that has been released. You and I simply have no way of knowing how any of muellers case was built.

My speculation is based on several decades of work in the Court system. But that is all it is, speculation.
You're backpedaling furiously now.... what about any claim of illegal unmasking, which has never been proven, causes a warrant to be illegal? (which is where you started).

I haven't backpeddaled one iota. Try spreading your fake news bullpoo elsewhere.

Not necessarily, but the possibility exists. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing how mueller got the evidence he used against flynn, but if it is tainted then flynn walks. Sadly so to will manafort, who really is a scumbag.

Mueller got the evidence he used against Flynn because the FBI was wiretapping the Russian ambassador, and Flynn called him.

Then Flynn blatantly lied to the FBI about a call that he almost certainly knew was being monitored.

Maybe. We don't have a clue how they obtained the warrant. I am merely going on what has been reported. The fact that mueller has postponed sentencing tells me that the case is in trouble. There is no logical reason to ever postpone sentencing.

No warrant is needed to monitor foreign powers.

And I can think of many logical reasons for Mueller to postpone sentencing - for example, perhaps he's waiting to see how information given to him by Flynn plays out before he offers a sentence recommendation.

If there was a tap on trump tower there was a warrant. Period. How they obtained that warrant is probably what a good portion of that memo is all about.
No one other than Trump has claimed there was a tap on Trump Tower.

plenty of wingers believe it because the orange chimp said so.

Oh, oh! Do I smell an acquittal on the horizon? How does that work?

Not necessarily, but the possibility exists. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing how mueller got the evidence he used against flynn, but if it is tainted then flynn walks. Sadly so to will manafort, who really is a scumbag.

Mueller got the evidence he used against Flynn because the FBI was wiretapping the Russian ambassador, and Flynn called him.

Then Flynn blatantly lied to the FBI about a call that he almost certainly knew was being monitored.

Maybe. We don't have a clue how they obtained the warrant. I am merely going on what has been reported. The fact that mueller has postponed sentencing tells me that the case is in trouble. There is no logical reason to ever postpone sentencing.

flynn is still talking & still giving them leads... all the better to strengthen his case.
You are supposing. You (and I) do not know what he is doing...and... we don't know if everything thing was done according to law. We have to wait and see.

Oh, oh! Do I smell an acquittal on the horizon? How does that work?

flynn is still talking & still giving them leads... all the better to strengthen his case.

If that were true flynn would not have plead guilty to a procedural crime. The plea deal would have contained an element of the crime that flynn was supposed to be involved in with trump. That is called prosecution 101. You folks need to read up on Rules of Evidence and what procedural crimes are.

this might enlighten you on how a FISA warrant is obtained, the protocol & the renewal process; including how flynn got busted along with carter page. it's lengthy, but worth the read.

I understand how they are supposed to be obtained. It appears the fbi broke all sorts of laws in getting the warrant they wanted. That makes EVERYTHING they got from that warrant inadmissible. It's a real simple concept that you people seem to be missing. Guilty people go free all of the time when the government fucks up and breaks the laws pertaining to gathering evidence.

so it appears to you, from a memo that you haven't seen, that the fbi broke all sorts of laws.

run with it, corky

Not talking about that one. I am talking about the one that was being used against trump. The unmasking that was going on by the obama admin tells me they had a tap going on trump tower. Good luck justifying that one.

"The unmasking that was going on by the Obama admin tells me they had a tap going on Trump tower"

That sentence doesn't make sense. It looks like a pile of buzzwords without substance.

As for the surveillance that trapped Flynn in his lie - he was on the phone with the Russian Ambassador. It's a pretty safe bet that the target of the surveillance was the Russian, and not Flynn.

Then you didn't read and understand what I said. While obama was still in office there was a flurry of unmasking going on. All of it designed to harm the trump campaign. How did the obama admin get the information that allowed them to do the unmasking? As far as flynns case go's. How do you know? None of that has been released. You and I simply have no way of knowing how any of muellers case was built.

My speculation is based on several decades of work in the Court system. But that is all it is, speculation.
You're backpedaling furiously now.... what about any claim of illegal unmasking, which has never been proven, causes a warrant to be illegal? (which is where you started).

I haven't backpeddaled one iota. Try spreading your fake news bullpoo elsewhere.
Sure ya did. I think you don't understand what you say.

You started off by talking about an "illegal warrant" but morphed into evidence illegally obtained by illegally unmasking, which has nothing to do with any alleged "illegal warrant."

No warrant is needed to monitor foreign powers.

And I can think of many logical reasons for Mueller to postpone sentencing - for example, perhaps he's waiting to see how information given to him by Flynn plays out before he offers a sentence recommendation.

If there was a tap on trump tower there was a warrant. Period. How they obtained that warrant is probably what a good portion of that memo is all about.
No one other than Trump has claimed there was a tap on Trump Tower.

plenty of wingers believe it because the orange chimp said so.

And plenty of proggies believe whatever crap the nyt tells them as well. So far the nyt has a piss poor batting record but that hasn't swayed you all one bit.

Illegally gotten evidence? Flynn has admitted he got paid for his Russian speech by RUSSIA, and he didn't file as a foreign agent. He's been busted for violating the Logan Act. He was busted trying to make millions of dollars in exchange for helping kidnap a Turkish cleric in Pennsylvania.

I think the real question here is, why are you trying to defend a criminal?
Links?

If you need links to this information, you been living in a cave. And I'm sorry you aren't paying attention to news... but that's your problem not mine. Quit being lazy.
You humility is admirable.

How about an illegally gotten tap on the phone? Actually, I would like to know what the conversation was exactly...mayne Flynn IS guilty.

It's not illegal to tap the Russian Ambassador's phone.

As for what they were talking about, it's been all over the news for a year now - and as for whether or not Flynn is guilty, he claims that he is, so why do you doubt him?

Like I said, I would like to know what he is guilty for. If it's trivial, or even illegal tactics used, Let him go. We have to have laws and the authorities have to abide by them. We are no better than a third world country if we allow illegal means used to get political enemies.

Flynn told the FBI that he had not talked to Ambassador Kislak about sanctions. The surveillence of Kislak, which picked up that phone call proved that he was lying.

Lying to the FBI is a crime, and the one that Flynn plead guilty to. There were no "illegal tactics" used, and no one forced Flynn to lie. It doesn't even really appear that he had reason to lie - but he did so anyway.

You started off by talking about an "illegal warrant" but morphed into evidence illegally obtained by illegally unmasking.

No, I think you don't understand the English Language. I have been very clear on what I am saying.

Russian mafia boss still at large after FBI wiretap at Trump Tower
Mar 21, 2017, 7:40 AM ET

There, indeed, was an FBI wiretap involving Russians at Trump Tower.

But it was not placed at the behest of Barack Obama, and the target was not the Trump campaign of 2016. For two years ending in 2013, the FBI had a court-approved warrant to eavesdrop on a sophisticated Russian organized crime money-laundering network that operated out of unit 63A in Trump Tower in New York.

The FBI investigation led to a federal grand jury indictment of more than 30 people, including one of the world’s most notorious Russian mafia bosses, Alimzhan Tokhtakhounov. Known as the “Little Taiwanese,” he was the only target to slip away, and he remains a fugitive from American justice.

Seven months after the April 2013 indictment and after Interpol issued a red notice for Tokhtakhounov, he appeared near Donald Trump in the VIP section of the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow. Trump had sold the Russian rights for Miss Universe to a billionaire Russian shopping mall developer.
[...]
Russian mafia boss still at large after FBI wiretap at Trump Tower

You started off by talking about an "illegal warrant" but morphed into evidence illegally obtained by illegally unmasking.

No, I think you don't understand the English Language. I have been very clear on what I am saying.

Yes, it is obvious what you are saying. You say you are a Liberal, but every thread you get a chance you defend Trump.

so it appears to you, from a memo that you haven't seen, that the fbi broke all sorts of laws.

run with it, corky

Like I stated earlier, I am making my speculations based on what is being reported. Unlike all of you folks I ADMITTED that I am speculating. All of you are spewing shit as if it is the Gods honest truth! You and I have no idea what is in the memo, but based on a few decades of legal experience I am able to read between the lines pretty well. Over the next few weeks we will see if my speculations is accurate, or not. But at least I had the sense to proclaim it SPECULATION!

What's your excuse?

You're backpedaling furiously now.... what about any claim of illegal unmasking, which has never been proven, causes a warrant to be illegally obtained (which is where you started).

Have you not been paying attention? The big question is, was the dossier used to get the FISA warrant? It’s looking like it was. It can be argued that the whole bases of any case brought against Trump that grew from the dossier should be tossed when the dossier is declared a fake. Get used to the resting bitch face you saw on the democrat party last night. That’s how they will look for quite awhile I bet as they will be hearin “NO” allot. And Trump will be saying it.

There isn't a court they can go to to change the conviction.
And as I have told you once before, you are flat assed WRONG. Now go back to school and learn something.

No mention of a FISA warrant, or information from a FISA warrant was in the allocution.

An appeal can only rule based on the record from a lower court. So anything about FISA warrant would have no bearing on the case.

Yes, it is obvious what you are saying. You say you are a Liberal, but every thread you get a chance you defend Trump.

I defend those who are being illegally attacked by the Man. I don't care who you are, if I feel that those in power are abusing their power I will defend you.

There isn't a court they can go to to change the conviction.
And as I have told you once before, you are flat assed WRONG. Now go back to school and learn something.

No mention of a FISA warrant, or information from a FISA warrant was in the allocution.

An appeal can only rule based on the record from a lower court. So anything about FISA warrant would have no bearing on the case.

So what. None of that matters one iota.

Forum List

Back