*********Breaking News**********

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
The Senate will vote on the Schumer-Rubio-Obama Amnesty bill on Tuesday, June 11!

The bill can be killed with this first vote if it doesn't get 60 YES votes.

There has been plenty of debate about this bill or the plans for this bill since January. After the Judiciary Committee made it clear that this bill will provide amnesty/work permits to 11million illegal aliens before any new enforcement -- and will issue 33 million work permits to foreign citizens over the first ten years -- there is no need for more debate to know it is time to just kill the bill.

Call your 2 Senators now!
Calling is easy! Use the toll-free number provided below that will connect you to the Capitol Switchboard. Ask to be connected to one of your Senators' offices. When the staffer answers, tell him/her that you want the Senator to vote against bringing the bill to the floor. If after hours just leave a message. Most Senators allow you to leave a message.

888-978-3094

Here's how to find out who your reps are and their e-mail addresses: Contacting the Congress: A Citizen's Congressional Directory

Last edited:
in a unrelated note

actress Shannon Rogers Guess Richardson was arrested over ricin letters sent to the mayor

and prezbo

Two U.S. law enforcement officials say Shannon Richardson of New Boston, Texas, has been arrested in the investigation of ricin-laced letters sent to President Barack Obama and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly during the ongoing investigation.
FBI agents wearing hazardous material suits were seen going in and out of her house Wednesday in New Boston, about 150 miles northeast of Dallas near the Oklahoma and Arkansas borders.Richardson.

Ricin Arrest: Shannon Rogers Guess Richardson arrested over ricin letters | WJLA.com

You must really hate Reagan.

For granting Amnesty without enforcing the borders. I most certainly do.:evil: The bastard was the first in a line of president to push the merging of our countries through shit that would become NAFTA under George HW BUSH.

Lets not LEARN from History. Reagan allowed amnesty for 2 million with a promise they would seal the border. The result? 11 MILLION more illegals and another amnesty that failed the first time.

I don't know... it's got Rubio's name attached to it.
Or has he been blacklisted by the GOP when I wasn't looking? I vaguely recall someone calling him a RINO.

Killing this bill would almost certainly be a debacle for the GOP for a generation (or more). That's especially true considering all the Republican soul-searching which has happened in the last seven months. It would solidify the beliefs of minorities that the GOP doesn't care about them, and it would solidify the image of conservative Republicans as obstructionists.

AND, despite the fact that Obama is publicly in favor of this bill, its defeat would hand the president a victory in his powerful argument prior to the midterms that Republicans are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Some type of immigration reform needs to happen and the millions of illegals here need to be dealt with, but this legislation is not the way to do it. This has bad news written all over it. I agree it needs to be killed and they need to go back to the drawing board.

Some type of immigration reform needs to happen and the millions of illegals here need to be dealt with, but this legislation is not the way to do it. This has bad news written all over it. I agree it needs to be killed and they need to go back to the drawing board.

Here's what needs to happen.
1. Businesses need to be fined for hiring illegals. $20,000 dollars a illegal at least.
2. All illegals must be deported if found. No past go, no 200 dollars.
3. We need to enforce our borders

These people come here and do nothing but piss on this country.

Unfortunatley, both of my Senators are going to vote aye..

But one may be wavering because of the House Democrats insisting that illegals get coverage under Obamacare.

Killing this bill would almost certainly be a debacle for the GOP for a generation (or more). That's especially true considering all the Republican soul-searching which has happened in the last seven months. It would solidify the beliefs of minorities that the GOP doesn't care about them, and it would solidify the image of conservative Republicans as obstructionists.

AND, despite the fact that Obama is publicly in favor of this bill, its defeat would hand the president a victory in his powerful argument prior to the midterms that Republicans are part of the problem and not part of the solution.

If the Republicans help to legalize illegal aliens, it will not get more Hispanics to vote for them.There are many non-immigration reasons why Hispanics have historically voted for Democrats, one of which is government social programs. Hispanics have favored Democrats for many years. For example in 1964..... 90 percent of Hispanics voted for Lyndon Johnson.

Thirty percent of Hispanics consider themselves "liberal" or "very liberal" compared with 21 percent of the general public. Republicans are mistaken if they think this will help them. It will just add more Democratic voters.

In 1984, President Reagan won re-election despite losing Hispanics 2-to-1. In 1986, Reagan signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act, which granted amnesty to 3 million illegal immigrants. In 1988, Hispanics rewarded the Republican party by voting......even more heavily Democratic. President Bush lost Hispanics by 40 points, 70 percent to 30 percent. So much for amnesty as the "single policy change" capable of "fixing the Latino problem.

The Republicans are fools if they think passing a amnesty will get them the Hispanic vote. That will just create more Democratic voters. Hispanics support big government and that's because so many Hispanics use government programs. Hispanics have overwhelmingly favored Democratic presidential candidates for decades.

Here's what needs to happen.
1. Businesses need to be fined for hiring illegals. $20,000 dollars a illegal at least.
2. All illegals must be deported if found. No past go, no 200 dollars.
3. We need to enforce our borders

These people come here and do nothing but piss on this country.

I can agree with that first and third point Matthew, but... I don't know about that second one. Many people flee from Mexico because it's a drug-cartel controlled shithole. I can't really blame them for finding any way to get over here, illegal or otherwise.

There's so many of them, I don't know if deporting them is even possible with our government's... let's say, budgeting skills (gotta give more money to the IRS and NSA so they can spy on Americans, you know). Hell, I've seen INS agents in Atlanta pick up a group of illegals, drive five miles down the road, and then let them out. The fuck is up with that?

(And supposedly, that is standard practice according to a lot of secondhand information. But because it's secondhand information, take that how you will.)

The Senate will vote on the Schumer-Rubio-Obama Amnesty bill on Tuesday, June 11!

The bill can be killed with this first vote if it doesn't get 60 YES votes.

There has been plenty of debate about this bill or the plans for this bill since January. After the Judiciary Committee made it clear that this bill will provide amnesty/work permits to 11million illegal aliens before any new enforcement -- and will issue 33 million work permits to foreign citizens over the first ten years -- there is no need for more debate to know it is time to just kill the bill.

Call your 2 Senators now!
Calling is easy! Use the toll-free number provided below that will connect you to the Capitol Switchboard. Ask to be connected to one of your Senators' offices. When the staffer answers, tell him/her that you want the Senator to vote against bringing the bill to the floor. If after hours just leave a message. Most Senators allow you to leave a message.

888-978-3094

Here's how to find out who your reps are and their e-mail addresses: Contacting the Congress: A Citizen's Congressional Directory

So as with the issue of a need for healthcare reform, the conservative ‘solution’ with regard to immigration reform is to do nothing.

Typical.

Forum List

Back