BREAKING NEWS: Chip Roy Slams Continuing Resolution To Fund Government Favored By Speaker Johnson

I have no problem with controlling and somewhat reducing spending, even though tax money is up due to the expanding economy and highest gross domestic product in history. Still, gutting federal spending (as you suggest) is not a good idea, due to the effect on the economy and markets. If they try to gut it, it will be seen as an obvious political stunt and they will get the blame for any shut down and any lasting damage to the economy. That sounds like political suicide for trump Republican candidates on economic grounds not just the fact, elected Republicans in general want to ram abortion bans down the public's throat and gut women's healthcare. Basically controlling women on the premise they dont like women being in the decision process. They do temporarily have control in many states where they have been able to keep the public from being able to vote it up or down.

Dow was up 400 points today on lower inflation and Consumer price index being flat. I wonder how the markets would react to a sudden republican "gut spending" food fight. It's your party. Have fun and do what you think best for you. I'll watch the show, eat popcorn and laugh.

A government shut down doesn't affect the economy. In fact, the stock market really doesn't have anything to do with the economy.

That's just propaganda & scare tactics they use to get these BS overbloated government and omnibus bill passed.

A 3 month government shut down would prove to the country that the government isn't as important as people thing. We have to have one. No one is deny that. But all they're funding in the government is severely overbloated.

Our roads are getting fixed now. Lots of overtime pay
Some of those guys are at $95per hour. That's awesome!! I support that.
Like the stupid "Big Dig" in Boston that cost American taxpayers billions of dollars and made all the filthy ass corrupt union shitheads rich?

A government shut down doesn't affect the economy. In fact, the stock market really doesn't have anything to do with the economy.

That's just propaganda & scare tactics they use to get these BS overbloated government and omnibus bill passed.

A 3 month government shut down would prove to the country that the government isn't as important as people thing. We have to have one. No one is deny that. But all they're funding in the government is severely overbloated.
Everything affects the markets, even when it shouldn't, just like everything affects oil futures when it should not. Markets effect the economy. It is all connected. Markets also effect consumers, as many are also stock holders, even if just through 401k funds and people watch the markets, as to do otherwise is to take chance with life savings. I was on a beach without internet and only spotty cellphone when the Bush crash occurred, hitting me pretty hard, and didn't even know until I came back from vacation, to late to do anything about it. I watch the market and you should too.

Like the stupid "Big Dig" in Boston that cost American taxpayers billions of dollars and made all the filthy ass corrupt union shitheads rich?
$95 per hour in overtime isn't excessive for labor. It's market value.

Everything affects the markets, even when it shouldn't, just like everything affects oil futures when it should not. Markets effect the economy. It is all connected. Markets also effect consumers, as many are also stock holders, even if just through 401k funds and people watch the markets, as to do otherwise is to take chance with life savings. I was on a beach without internet and only spotty cellphone when the Bush crash occurred, hitting me pretty hard, and didn't even know until I came back from vacation, to late to do anything about it. I watch the market and you should too.

Markets schmarkets. It's not going to change squat for 99% of us. It's not going to make our house payments, rent, jug of milk, or most of anything else we pay for go up. It'll change some ticker about the Dow on the evening news, but that's about it.

$95 per hour in overtime isn't excessive for labor. It's market value.
They over ran the project by billions and the Union assholes made out like bandits. Taxpayers footed the bill. Contractors, who donated to the Democrat Party, got filthy rich. Politicians got their cut. Federal government contracts are always corrupted and wasteful.

They over ran the project by billions and the Union assholes made out like bandits. Taxpayers footed the bill. Contractors, who donated to the Democrat Party, got filthy rich. Politicians got their cut. Federal government contracts are always corrupted and wasteful.
I'm speaking to our roads here. Some of the guys are making about $95;per hour. I say good for them because that's the market value wage now.

Apparently Mike Johnson is just another McCarthy. Who didn't see this coming? :eusa_wall::eusa_wall::eusa_wall: Johnson is trying to push a $1.6 trillion continued resolution bill through. The same one that McCarthy just passed, that got him thrown out of his seat.

This is why Chip Roy will never advance to things like speaker or president. He's a fiscal conservative. Something the GOP has completely outlawed.

I saw a good part of Chip's "rant" today... I thoroughly enjoyed it, and found myself agreeing with much of it... :clap2:

Forum List

Back