Breaking: Mass Shooting at Ft. Hood in Texas ... 7 confirmed dead

No matter the situation, this is sad. I need to check in on someone we know at Fort Hood. Truly heinous.

No matter why or who did this, pray for the families of the dead and dying.

One of the great annoyances of having media available 24/7, and as news breaks, is all the innuendo and half-arsed suppositions that get made. How about waiting a couple of days until the info comes out before making any conclusions?

this is a message board, it's what we do, discuss the news, and make wild assed guesses as to who what and why, it's a way to deal with the shock.

What is nauseating is the lengths to which people will go to try to pin this sort of behavior on the Army rather than on the person who did it.

The media is already spinning it, and I see ppl on here doing it as well.

One of the great annoyances of having media available 24/7, and as news breaks, is all the innuendo and half-arsed suppositions that get made. How about waiting a couple of days until the info comes out before making any conclusions?

this is a message board, it's what we do, discuss the news, and make wild assed guesses as to who what and why, it's a way to deal with the shock.

I wonder why the FBI made a VERY early pronouncement that this was not a terrorist related event?

The FIBBIES are gonna look rather foolish if it shortly turns out to have been very much an attack based on some deranged notion of Islamism, particularly in light of the fact that there were evidently at least three people involved in this tragic incident.

I think it's a shame that, before the US Army has actually confirmed the name, the less responsible media are putting it out anyway. Whatever your thoughts on the shooter (and as someone with friends and loved ones in the Army I am among them) this guy has family who may not be aware.

Fucking media.

No matter the situation, this is sad. I need to check in on someone we know at Fort Hood. Truly heinous.

No matter why or who did this, pray for the families of the dead and dying.

People keep telling me that Islam is a religion of peace. I truly have to question that, I never see any Islam leader or mullah speak out against the atrocities that we all see them commit.

I have never been prejudice a day in my life until 9-11, now anytime I see a muslim I watch every move that they make. I do not trust them and doubt that I ever will.

What is nauseating is the lengths to which people will go to try to pin this sort of behavior on the Army rather than on the person who did it.

The media is already spinning it, and I see ppl on here doing it as well.

Me too, it truly is nauseating. PC is and has been destroying this nation for some time now. Are Muslims a protected class since 9-11? Sure they are

The guy was a convert to Islam, which by the way makes him a muslim

Does terrorism by any other name make it a lesser terror act? they are called to strike fear into the hearts of the infidel. I do not fear calling a spade a spade.

This is terrorism plain and simple, this is jihad in our own back yard and people are afraid to call it what it is? WHY? I ask

I am disgusted and heartbroken. To know people who are Soldiers and Marines, they know the truth, why don't we?

They do not hate on Muslims or the religion, but they are aware more than most of what the heart of the matter is. There are jihadists that indeed kill for allah.

The thing that annoys me most when this shit happens is that instead of responsible journalism, we get a bunch of half assed "journalists" guessing about the 'why', speculating about stuff without regard for people who may be hurt by it.

Interestingly, the last of the media to run the name? Those irresponsible rightwing whackjobs at Faux News. They chose to wait until they got the name directly from the Army.

CNN just said that this guy was a mental health professional ....

The thing that annoys me most when this shit happens is that instead of responsible journalism, we get a bunch of half assed "journalists" guessing about the 'why', speculating about stuff without regard for people who may be hurt by it.

Interestingly, the last of the media to run the name? Those irresponsible rightwing whackjobs at Faux News. They chose to wait until they got the name directly from the Army.

I just heard Shepard Smith refuse to run with it, turn to Mr. Ed. and the name is all over the place.

All they are saying now is that the guy was pissed off about being redeployed to Iraq.

It may have nothing to do with his religious beliefs. We will have to wait and see

Forum List

Back