BREAKING: Man Charged in Terror Plot... Islamic?...

BOSTON (AP) -- The Massachusetts man charged with conspiring in a terror plot has been a middle school math and religion teacher at a Muslim school in Worcester.

Colleagues at the Alhuda Academy say they cannot believe the allegations against Tarek Mehanna (TEH'-rek meh-HAH'-nah), who was arrested Wednesday and charged in conspiring to support terrorism. They say he was a sweet guy and loved by his students.

But prosecutors say Mehanna and his associates sought training at terrorist camps and discussed plans to target U.S. troops in Iraq and two politicians and to randomly shoot shoppers at U.S. malls.

The 27-year-old Mehanna, who has dual U.S. and Egyptian citizenship, made a defiant appearance in federal court Wednesday. His father denies the allegations.

:)

peace...

Oh, so now we're talking about the press?
Again, do you know what evidence was used to gain a warrant for his arrest? Do you have any specific knowledge about this case whatsoever to make any comment regarding this man's innocence? What activity did Thomas Jefferson warn against?

We were always talking about the press. In case it slipped your notice, all the "facts" we have come from the press.
The evidence in favor of granting him the benefit of the doubt is that he has not yet been tried. Until, and unless, he is convicted he is entitled to a presumption of innocence according to our law. Those who favor a police state certainly want that changed, in fact they want the entire bill of rights eliminated. I do not.
The important activity that Jefferson warned against was condemning an innocent man.

We do not know if the evidence is faked, based on the "friend" of his who is mentioned making a deal and lying, or anything else. Would you be upset if you were falsely accused? Would you perhaps be angry enough at a false accusation to refuse to stand for a self important judge? They way some people carry one makes me wonder if they would prefer for the other side to have won WWII.

He is not condemned, where are you coming up with your opinion that he is? You have nothing to indicate that there are any false allegations or that he has been falsely accused, so perhaps you'd like to enlighten everyone as to where this opinion you have is originating from? If you're framing your opinion around the statistics that you posted earlier, that would be a bit foolish since each case is different. Were the Duke university boys condemned? You bet your ass they were condemned in the liberal press, yet justice prevailed and since those boys were innocent, they went free. So, make up your mind whether you're talking about the press and public opinion or whether you're talking about the justice system, they're two distinctly different things.

And again... Is he Islamic?...

peace...

No, he must be a tea partier :eusa_shhh:

It's Amazing... A Simple Question, and Not only does del NOT have the Intellectual Honesty to Answer it, but he then out of Frustration NegReps me... :lol::lol::lol:

And again, I say to del:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zfnbdyAW8]YouTube - Sean Penn/Jeff Spicoli - You dick![/ame]

Fuckin' Chimp.

peace...

And again... Is he Islamic?...

peace...

It's Amazing... A Simple Question, and Not only does del NOT have the Intellectual Honesty to Answer it, but he then out of Frustration NegReps me... :lol::lol::lol:

And again, I say to del:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7zfnbdyAW8]YouTube - Sean Penn/Jeff Spicoli - You dick![/ame]

Fuckin' Chimp.

peace...

damn, son, are you really this dense?

Islamic (comparative more Islamic, superlative most Islamic)

Positive
Islamic

Comparative
more Islamic

Superlative
most Islamic

1. Of, pertaining to, originating in, characteristic of, or deriving from Islam.

nope, he doesn't seem to be any of those things, just another american like you and tim mcveigh.

celebrate diversity, trailer trash.

:lol:

And again, I say to del:

Fuckin' Chimp.

peace...

Positive
Islamic

Comparative
more Islamic

Superlative
most Islamic

1. Of, pertaining to, originating in, characteristic of, or deriving from Islam.

nope, he doesn't seem to be any of those things, just another american like you and tim mcveigh.

American... As in from America... Where is Islam, you Bitter Hack of a Chimp?...

peace...

And again, I say to del:

YouTube - Sean Penn/Jeff Spicoli - You dick!

Fuckin' Chimp.

peace...

Positive
Islamic

Comparative
more Islamic

Superlative
most Islamic

American... As in from America... Where is Islam, you Bitter Hack of a Chimp?...

peace...

that'd be my question to you, my little lead paint ingesting buddy.

give JenT a call, she's got the intellectual horsepower you lack.

:rofl:

peace...

^Load that should've been Swallowed...

Why don't you go NegRep me again since you can't Answer a Simple Question, you Frustrated Douche.

Good Day, deldo. :lol::lol::lol:

peace...

He is not condemned, where are you coming up with your opinion that he is?
From posts on this thread.
If someone were to look at the available facts, a scenario set might be created and analysis would reveal the most probable truth. Given the number of self-proclaimed LEO's around, at least one must be trying to make detective. A detective's not much use if all she/he can do is make trivial conclusions. So perhaps they can do the same with the data known.
Known Data
Suspect has been on FBI files for over 8 years
Suspect has not been arrested or killed while wielding a gun to kill people at a mall in that time.
Suspect has talked a lot about getting guns and killing people.

Seriously if you look at all the stuff this guy is said to have plotted then a easy pattern forms. This guy is all said and no done (as in "easier said than done")
He makes a plan, tries to put it into action, then finds an excuse not to carry through. Note the word "Excuse"
Those meanies in the real terror organization wouldn't let me join, Scratch that plan
I don't know enough to make a bomb without blowing myself up, Scratch that plan
I can't get the right kind of guns to shoot people, Scratch that plan
That last excuse is certainly telling as, according to most experts, just about any sort of gun can shoot people.
So why is he getting arrested now? Because a "friend" of his got arrested on something completely unrelated to anything this Suspect ever did or got involved in and wants to "cut a deal" with prosecutors to get a lighter sentence.

I told you to note the worse "Excuse" above because the most probable reason the guy keeps making excuses is he has previously been too comfortable with his life to want to risk it by doing anything more than talking. But he has peer pressure, for example from the "friend" who is turning on him now but also perhaps including a prominent figure in his local Mosque, so he has to keep talking the good game or lose face with those peers. But if he gets a trip to club fed because the FBI agent in charge was TOO DAMN LAZY to do his job right, then a problem arises. The former Suspect, now Convict, won't be comfortable with his life. He might decide to do something more than just talk.

"Well who cares he's inept?"
You should care, so should everyone else. Because he might decide to go to those terrorist schools and offer to teach lessons in English and Passing as an Americanized person of Aramaic extraction. The easiest way to search for foreign terrorists is to look for the guys who are out of place. Teach them to blend in and it becomes much harder to stop them. Perhaps he'll study Josep Broz, AKA Tito, and the Yugoslav resistance to German/Italian occupation during WWII and remind the terrorists of the 'illa' in guerrilla.
There are far more effective actions the Terrorists might take to get the US out of the Middle East than trying to blow up ever larger targets, and someone who puts effort into designing those scenarios will find some of them.
So go ahead, let the press convict this guy before he goes to court. Heck let the public defender talk him into making a plea of guilty. Because that will make us, the people, so much safer.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

peace...

Why don't you go NegRep me again since you can't Answer a Simple Question, you Frustrated Douche.

peace...

aww, poor baby.

can't keep up on those stubby little legs, huh?

don't worry, the world needs ditchdiggers, too.

peace...

peace...

okay, since you asked so nicely.

enjoy

*deldo*-ooooh, feel the sting!!!

He is not condemned, where are you coming up with your opinion that he is?
From posts on this thread.
If someone were to look at the available facts, a scenario set might be created and analysis would reveal the most probable truth. Given the number of self-proclaimed LEO's around, at least one must be trying to make detective. A detective's not much use if all she/he can do is make trivial conclusions. So perhaps they can do the same with the data known.
Known Data
Suspect has been on FBI files for over 8 years
Suspect has not been arrested or killed while wielding a gun to kill people at a mall in that time.
Suspect has talked a lot about getting guns and killing people.

Seriously if you look at all the stuff this guy is said to have plotted then a easy pattern forms. This guy is all said and no done (as in "easier said than done")
He makes a plan, tries to put it into action, then finds an excuse not to carry through. Note the word "Excuse"
Those meanies in the real terror organization wouldn't let me join, Scratch that plan
I don't know enough to make a bomb without blowing myself up, Scratch that plan
I can't get the right kind of guns to shoot people, Scratch that plan
That last excuse is certainly telling as, according to most experts, just about any sort of gun can shoot people.
So why is he getting arrested now? Because a "friend" of his got arrested on something completely unrelated to anything this Suspect ever did or got involved in and wants to "cut a deal" with prosecutors to get a lighter sentence.

I told you to note the worse "Excuse" above because the most probable reason the guy keeps making excuses is he has previously been too comfortable with his life to want to risk it by doing anything more than talking. But he has peer pressure, for example from the "friend" who is turning on him now but also perhaps including a prominent figure in his local Mosque, so he has to keep talking the good game or lose face with those peers. But if he gets a trip to club fed because the FBI agent in charge was TOO DAMN LAZY to do his job right, then a problem arises. The former Suspect, now Convict, won't be comfortable with his life. He might decide to do something more than just talk.

"Well who cares he's inept?"
You should care, so should everyone else. Because he might decide to go to those terrorist schools and offer to teach lessons in English and Passing as an Americanized person of Aramaic extraction. The easiest way to search for foreign terrorists is to look for the guys who are out of place. Teach them to blend in and it becomes much harder to stop them. Perhaps he'll study Josep Broz, AKA Tito, and the Yugoslav resistance to German/Italian occupation during WWII and remind the terrorists of the 'illa' in guerrilla.
There are far more effective actions the Terrorists might take to get the US out of the Middle East than trying to blow up ever larger targets, and someone who puts effort into designing those scenarios will find some of them.
So go ahead, let the press convict this guy before he goes to court. Heck let the public defender talk him into making a plea of guilty. Because that will make us, the people, so much safer.

:lol: From posts on this thread? So what? It's the court of law that counts, I'm sure he could care less what public opinion is.

Again, explain how the Duke boys were found innocent whenever the were lynched and found guilty by the press? Your assumptions are absurd and make no sense. You're just as bad in assuming that he's innocent as those assuming that he's automatically guilty. You have as much evidence of your convictions as they do of theirs. Actually, they may have more since he's actually been ARRESTED!

• Thanks
Reactions: del
You're just as bad in assuming that he's innocent as those assuming that he's automatically guilty.

So it is now a bad thing to respect the Constitution of the United States? How astonishing!

No one in here is a juror for his trial, it has nothing to do with the Constitution unless it's the justice system that assumes anything about his guilt or innocence. The public can assume all they want.

Unless he is poor and can not afford and attorney. In that case the prosecutor and his appointed "counsel " will be trying to prove that he is guilty as charged.

Not true. That is a falacy. The public defenders try protect their clients with every bit the veracity of private attorneys. If they actually did try to collude with the prosecution they would get disbarred and prosecuted themselves.

Bullshit Vernon.

Read "DEFECTIVE ASSISTANCE OF COUNSEL "Written by the former chief judge of the DC Circuit, David L Bazelon. You will be in for a rude awakening.

No one in here is a juror for his trial,
Yet.
That is a serious problem with all the press - people will form opinions ahead of time. Which will reduce the number of potential jurors, or even possibly result in having a juror lying during jury selection just so they can show the "terrorist scum" that no fancy lawyer will save him from the results of his crimes.
Real good "presumption of innocence don't mean squat till they get to the courtroom."
What a load of malarkey.

You're just as bad in assuming that he's innocent as those assuming that he's automatically guilty.

So it is now a bad thing to respect the Constitution of the United States? How astonishing!

Why is it almost Reactive for Liberals to Sympathize with the Islamic Terrorists?...

He's going to be Tried, and noone is Saying he shouldn't be, but for the LOVE of FUCK, People, Stop being so Apologetic for these Douchebags.

I see More Assumption of Guilt about People in "the other Party" over Issues of Politics than I do when Terrorists are Charged with Trying to Kill us.

peace...

Forum List

Back