girl missing

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by froggy, Oct 21, 2009.

1. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    will it be another parent killer story?ORANGE PARK, Fla. — A daylong search for a missing 7-year-old North Florida girl who vanished on her way home from school Monday has produced more than 150 leads, but the child remained missing Tuesday afternoon and officials said they suspect foul play.

More than 100 Clay County deputies, law enforcement officers from neighboring counties, the FBI and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement scoured a residential Orange Park neighborhood looking for Somer Thompson.

Sgt. Dan Mahla, a Clay County detective, said horses, dogs, divers and helicopters have been used in the search, which began Monday afternoon when the child failed to return home from school.

Officials have no idea what happened to her.

"She is an endangered missing child. We do suspect foul play," Mahla said. "We believe it is foul play because she did not come home," he said.

The second-grader is white, 3-foot-5 and 65 pounds. She had brown hair tied in a pony tail with a red bow and was carrying a purple Hannah Montana backpack and lunch box.

Somer was last seen about 2:45 p.m. Monday heading home from Grove Park Elementary School. She was walking with her sister and some friends, but ran ahead of them after they had a spat, detectives said.

The Amber Alert was issued at 9 a.m. Tuesday by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. The alert was not immediately issued for Somer because her disappearance wasn't witnessed and there was no description of a vehicle.

Law officers are working 12-hour shifts so they can search for the girl around the clock.

2. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,973
    unfortunately these are the hardest cases to solve..random ...if the person who took her had no connection to her...the case will rarely be solved.

may the fates and muses be kind.

3. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,716
    Please let her be found safe and sound.

4. froggy

froggy Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,632
    amen sister.

5. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    Hear, hear, every day I hear stranger danger is overstated but then something like this happens.

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Sad news...

Body found in Georgia may be 7-year-old Somer Thompson

7. garyd

garyd Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +401
    Very sad indeed. I hope the hell they catch the bastard that did it.

8. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I'd rather hear that she went home with a friend and spent the night but unfortunately since it has been two days now, that is sounding less likely.

Immie

9. Emma

Emma Evil Liberal Leftist™

Thanks Received:
    On the street, acting all loud and tumultuous and
    Ratings:
    +757
    And her sister... that child is going to need help to get through this all. My God...

10. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    The problem is that even if they catch the slimy pile of shit, a long line of slimier low life lawyers will volunteer to defend the human waste. I don't hate lawyers, I'm sure there are decent ones, my nephew is........... but the garbage that defends other garbage knowing they are guilty makes no sense to me and are just as guilty of the future crimes the defendant commits and should be held responsible.

It's time this garbage is exterminated! Put them in the prison's general population with a life sentence and let the same population know just what that garbage is there for......... he'll be dead in a very violent way before lunch. The fact that known pedophiles can even be walking around with the rest of us is appalling!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1