BREAKING: Four Dead at Burlington Cascade Mall - Suspect Remains At Large

Sad part about all of this is Muslims should be able to practice their religion. That does not mean they should be able to enforce it upon others or attack anyone for a different set of beliefs. Unfortunately, that is what we see in the news these days.

What could go wrong?? :blowup:

Running out of Beano.
That was the closest emote USMB had to looking like a suicide bomber. Of course Muslim service members have never killed other service members.

Oh wait, they have!

In fact, statistically you're about 20 times more likely to be murdered by a Muslim soldier than a soldier of any other faith.

I don't think so dude....
Because according to you, Major Hassan was not a real Muslim, neither was the Army vet who shot 5 Dallas cops, etc. Very convenient.

2 people. Very convenient.
That was 2 examples. Remember Akbar the tent fragger? And there's more. Muslims are very skilled single cell terrorists hiding in our ranks waiting to bite like a viper.

All Coyote Muslim rebuttals are the same. If you get beyond that, you find that she is a typical poster and has a sense of humor. Some times I think she gets frustrated she cannot articulate her position as well as she would like.

If you have an Achilles Heel, maybe you should not wear sandals and stick your foot out?

Last edited:
All Coyote Muslim rebuttals are the same. If you get beyond that, you find that she is a typical poster and has a sense of humor. Some times I think she gets frustrated she cannot articulate her position as well as she would like.

If you have an Achilles Heel, maybe you should not wear sandals and stick your foot out?

I actually like Coyote. We have some good conversations sometimes. We just disagree about this issue.

Basically flacaltenn admitted Islam is a violent religion and remains so today. Hardly an endorsement.

It was BORN in a violent area at a violent time. You're right. I'm not endorsing any particular religion.
And with ONLY that narrative from Mohammed as a basis -- you'd have to conclude, it would have limited acceptance in modern times. Looks like Islam needed a few more prophets to make it relevant.

OTH -- Most of the Savior narrative in the N.T. is based on miracles. Take away the miracles and what do you have? A great Jew Rabbi inventing the job of being a community organizer... :lmao:

Ring me up if haven't offended any religion adequately here. I'll try harder..

There's a whole host of sacred commentary and analysis that goes with the Koran. Much like the Talmud and other writings of Jewish authorities. Don't think ANY of us are familiar with that. My hope is -- there is a code for MODERN life in there somewhere. That isn't focused on conquest and warring.

I think there is, or you wouldn't have 3.3 million Muslims in the US living here with no more strife than the other religious demographics.
That will change drastically if we keep taking in refugees blindly. There's a far lower standard for refugees than for legal immigrants and already here in Idaho, we have suffered from refugee violence and we're pissed. More of that to come if Vote-for-my-vag becomes president and increases refugees by 550%.

That's incorrect - there is a much higher standard for refugees then for assylum seekers or immigrants. Refugees go through a more exhaustive vetting. There has been very little refugee violence. The one's you're likely thinking of came in as small children - no way to predict how children will turn out. The Burlington shooter was not a refugee, but an immigrant that came over as a child. There is also no evidence to indicate (as of this point) that his religion had any bearing on his actions. Rather, it seems that mental illness is more likely a contributing factor. Similarly Omar Mateem came from an immigrant family, not refugeees - came over as a young child. Family dynamics were pretty fucked up but no more so than any number of "native" American families.

Either you're changing the topic or we are not understanding each other.

I'm not rewriting history - I'm attempting to point out how religion adjusted to western values.

Religion didn't adjust to western values. Western values are based on Judeo-Christian values.

Not really.

Women are no longer considered property.
Homosexuals aren't executed.
Those wonderful Judeo-Christian values are thankfully behind us.

Yet that is precisely what Islam promotes, interesting. Women as property you say? Did we get past that period of time in the US where we were selling them? Did they come with papers? Can you give me the date we last executed a gay person under the Constitution for being gay?

Again, I think you are deliberately trying to obfuscate here or I'm not understanding you.

It's also precisely what the Bible promotes - only most Christians no longer follow those passages, not literally - they either emphasize other passages, or they view them as history rather than something literally to be followed. That's religion adjusting to western values. There are 3.3 million Muslims in the US, most of whom, like US Christians, do not view women as property or feel homosexuals should be executed. That is also religion adjusting to western values.
I think this is code for "I've never read the Bible in my life, nor do I intend to, but I'll pretend I have."

You are wrong Pumpkin Row. I was raised Episcipal and Unitarian - parents had different beliefs. It's part of my cultural heritage. But I'm realistic enough to know that it has it's failings just like any other religion.

Sad part about all of this is Muslims should be able to practice their religion. That does not mean they should be able to enforce it upon others or attack anyone for a different set of beliefs. Unfortunately, that is what we see in the news these days.

No one should be able to force their religion on others or attack someone for a different set of beliefs, yet it happens all to often on all sides of the religious fractures that run through the world.

I actually like Coyote. We have some good conversations sometimes. We just disagree about this issue.

Hmm... I can't like anyone who defends evil. Quite the contrary. But that's me.

Religion didn't adjust to western values. Western values are based on Judeo-Christian values.

Not really.

Yet that is precisely what Islam promotes, interesting. Women as property you say? Did we get past that period of time in the US where we were selling them? Did they come with papers? Can you give me the date we last executed a gay person under the Constitution for being gay?

Again, I think you are deliberately trying to obfuscate here or I'm not understanding you.

It's also precisely what the Bible promotes - only most Christians no longer follow those passages, not literally - they either emphasize other passages, or they view them as history rather than something literally to be followed. That's religion adjusting to western values. There are 3.3 million Muslims in the US, most of whom, like US Christians, do not view women as property or feel homosexuals should be executed. That is also religion adjusting to western values.
I think this is code for "I've never read the Bible in my life, nor do I intend to, but I'll pretend I have."

You are wrong Pumpkin Row. I was raised Episcipal and Unitarian - parents had different beliefs. It's part of my cultural heritage. But I'm realistic enough to know that it has it's failings just like any other religion.
Funny you say that when you don't understand the difference in testaments, or Jewish law. You're a Liberal, though~

Not really.

Funny you say that when you don't understand the difference in testaments, or Jewish law. You're a Liberal, though~

And you are full of labels.

Hmm... I can't like anyone who defends evil. Quite the contrary. But that's me.

And yet...you promote evil. How interesting.

I can be, but you love me anyway~ Even if you don't realize it yourself~

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

I can be, but you love me anyway~ Even if you don't realize it yourself~

:lol: Ok, you're cute. I can't hate you :)

No one should be able to force their religion on others or attack someone for a different set of beliefs, yet it happens all to often on all sides of the religious fractures that run through the world.

When Christians do it, someone's feelings get hurt. When Muslims do it, someone can't feel at all.

When Christians do it, someone's feelings get hurt. When Muslims do it, someone can't feel at all.

Most of the time, when Muslims do it, it's no different then Christians.

Media thrives on bloodshed, and the right drinks it up don't they?

If it doesn't bleed it doesn't make it in print.

Not really.

The creature is not a liberal.

It is an extension of the Muslim Brotherhood working the internet for all it's worth.

Forum List

Back