BREAKING: Four Dead at Burlington Cascade Mall - Suspect Remains At Large

Not at all. How were homosexuals treated by Christians? Women? Non-believers? Sucko. It took a seperation of church and government to start the process of change, and a less literal interpretation of the holy books. There is NO concept of individual rights in the Bible. It's all about obedience and submission. Same with the Quran. But many people today, don't view it as so literal.

The nation was founded on freedom of religion, nice rewrite of history Coyote.

Either you're changing the topic or we are not understanding each other.

I'm not rewriting history - I'm attempting to point out how religion adjusted to western values.

Religion didn't adjust to western values. Western values are based on Judeo-Christian values.

Not really.

Women are no longer considered property.
Homosexuals aren't executed.
Those wonderful Judeo-Christian values are thankfully behind us.

Yet that is precisely what Islam promotes, interesting. Women as property you say? Did we get past that period of time in the US where we were selling them? Did they come with papers? Can you give me the date we last executed a gay person under the Constitution for being gay?

Again, I think you are deliberately trying to obfuscate here or I'm not understanding you.

It's also precisely what the Bible promotes - only most Christians no longer follow those passages, not literally - they either emphasize other passages, or they view them as history rather than something literally to be followed. That's religion adjusting to western values. There are 3.3 million Muslims in the US, most of whom, like US Christians, do not view women as property or feel homosexuals should be executed. That is also religion adjusting to western values.

Muslims have been part of our nation from the beginning.

Yes, as it has been pointed out we had to form the Marines because of them.

Yes, and they have fought for us, as American citizens, and laid down their lives for our country.

15,000 Muslim volunteers in the Armed Forces.
Muslims have been part of our nation from the beginning.

Yes, and they have fought for us, as American citizens, and laid down their lives for our country.

What could go wrong?? :blowup:

Running out of Beano.
That was the closest emote USMB had to looking like a suicide bomber. Of course Muslim service members have never killed other service members.

Oh wait, they have!

In fact, statistically you're about 20 times more likely to be murdered by a Muslim soldier than a soldier of any other faith.

Basically flacaltenn admitted Islam is a violent religion and remains so today. Hardly an endorsement.

It was BORN in a violent area at a violent time. You're right. I'm not endorsing any particular religion.
And with ONLY that narrative from Mohammed as a basis -- you'd have to conclude, it would have limited acceptance in modern times. Looks like Islam needed a few more prophets to make it relevant.

OTH -- Most of the Savior narrative in the N.T. is based on miracles. Take away the miracles and what do you have? A great Jew Rabbi inventing the job of being a community organizer... :lmao:

Ring me up if haven't offended any religion adequately here. I'll try harder..

There's a whole host of sacred commentary and analysis that goes with the Koran. Much like the Talmud and other writings of Jewish authorities. Don't think ANY of us are familiar with that. My hope is -- there is a code for MODERN life in there somewhere. That isn't focused on conquest and warring.

Running out of Beano.
That was the closest emote USMB had to looking like a suicide bomber. Of course Muslim service members have never killed other service members.

Oh wait, they have!

In fact, statistically you're about 20 times more likely to be murdered by a Muslim soldier than a soldier of any other faith.

I don't think so dude....

Basically flacaltenn admitted Islam is a violent religion and remains so today. Hardly an endorsement.

It was BORN in a violent area at a violent time. You're right. I'm not endorsing any particular religion.
And with ONLY that narrative from Mohammed as a basis -- you'd have to conclude, it would have limited acceptance in modern times. Looks like Islam needed a few more prophets to make it relevant.

OTH -- Most of the Savior narrative in the N.T. is based on miracles. Take away the miracles and what do you have? A great Jew Rabbi inventing the job of being a community organizer... :lmao:

There's a whole host of sacred commentary and analysis that goes with the Koran. Much like the Talmud and other writings of Jewish authorities. Don't think ANY of us are familiar with that. My hope is -- there is a code for MODERN life in there somewhere. That isn't focused on conquest and warring.

I think there is, or you wouldn't have 3.3 million Muslims in the US living here with no more strife than the other religious demographics.

The Burlington Coat factory store is right nearby.

Capture.JPG

"A great Jew Rabbi inventing the job of being a community organizer..." damn...that's good :lol:

I'm not rewriting history - I'm attempting to point out how religion adjusted to western values.

Religion didn't adjust to western values. Western values are based on Judeo-Christian values.

Not really.

Yet that is precisely what Islam promotes, interesting. Women as property you say? Did we get past that period of time in the US where we were selling them? Did they come with papers? Can you give me the date we last executed a gay person under the Constitution for being gay?

Again, I think you are deliberately trying to obfuscate here or I'm not understanding you.

It's also precisely what the Bible promotes - only most Christians no longer follow those passages, not literally - they either emphasize other passages, or they view them as history rather than something literally to be followed. That's religion adjusting to western values. There are 3.3 million Muslims in the US, most of whom, like US Christians, do not view women as property or feel homosexuals should be executed. That is also religion adjusting to western values.

The Bible has the New Testament to moderate it. That is not the case with the Quran.

I think there is, or you wouldn't have 3.3 million Muslims in the US living here with no more strife than the other religious demographics.

Many of them were born and raised here. That makes a big difference.

That will change drastically if we keep taking in refugees blindly. There's a far lower standard for refugees than for legal immigrants and already here in Idaho, we have suffered from refugee violence and we're pissed. More of that to come if Vote-for-my-vag becomes president and increases refugees by 550%.

Not really.

The Bible has the New Testament to moderate it. That is not the case with the Quran.

Many of them were born and raised here. That makes a big difference.

Many from immigrant parents.

Facts are facts. Open your eyes to what goes on in the ME. If you think that these people are going to suddenly change their ways because they are in America, then you are much more foolish than I thought.

Running out of Beano.

Oh wait, they have!

Because according to you, Major Hassan was not a real Muslim, neither was the Army vet who shot 5 Dallas cops, etc. Very convenient.

Running out of Beano.

Oh wait, they have!

Because according to you, Major Hassan was not a real Muslim, neither was the Army vet who shot 5 Dallas cops, etc. Very convenient.

2 people. Very convenient.

Not really.

I think this is code for "I've never read the Bible in my life, nor do I intend to, but I'll pretend I have."

I had a friend that refused to stop believing in Santa too. It doesn't really hurt anything when someone ignores reality. They just act like the guy in Elf.

Forum List

Back