BREAKING: Four Dead at Burlington Cascade Mall - Suspect Remains At Large

Yes, and they have fought for us, as American citizens, and laid down their lives for our country.

15,000 Muslim volunteers in the Armed Forces.

Did you see the video that I posted earlier? Westernized Muslims have their own version of the religion, much different from those in the ME.

Give me a post number. Think I missed it...

At the time the Koran was written, Islam was a persecuted religion. From within and without. Much like in the early stages of Christianity. While the Christian lit counsels early Martyrs to not break faith and accept the consequences, Mohammed chose a message of survival. Because Allah certainly wanted SURVIVORS and not MARTYRS.

And there were MANY challenges for leadership of the new Muslim faith. From WITHIN the ranks of converts.
Much more violent birth of a religion. UNFORTUNATELY -- Islam in most of world is practiced under the same old warrior mindset. And is left with that message about how to survive attacks ,prejudice and insurrections instead of love and martyrdom.

And making it relevant to a modern free society is a harder challenge. I agree the BIBLICAL context of Islam gives less to go on for modern adherents than the O.T. or N.T. Needed a few more prophets to make that happen. Which now makes me a target for getting cheeky about Mohammed. :ack-1:

Well said :beer:

Not at all. How were homosexuals treated by Christians? Women? Non-believers? Sucko. It took a seperation of church and government to start the process of change, and a less literal interpretation of the holy books. There is NO concept of individual rights in the Bible. It's all about obedience and submission. Same with the Quran. But many people today, don't view it as so literal.

The nation was founded on freedom of religion, nice rewrite of history Coyote.

Yes, and they have fought for us, as American citizens, and laid down their lives for our country.

Did you see the video that I posted earlier? Westernized Muslims have their own version of the religion, much different from those in the ME.

At the time the Koran was written, Islam was a persecuted religion. From within and without. Much like in the early stages of Christianity. While the Christian lit counsels early Martyrs to not break faith and accept the consequences, Mohammed chose a message of survival. Because Allah certainly wanted SURVIVORS and not MARTYRS.

And there were MANY challenges for leadership of the new Muslim faith. From WITHIN the ranks of converts.
Much more violent birth of a religion. UNFORTUNATELY -- Islam in most of world is practiced under the same old warrior mindset. And is left with that message about how to survive attacks ,prejudice and insurrections instead of love and martyrdom.

And making it relevant to a modern free society is a harder challenge. I agree the BIBLICAL context of Islam gives less to go on for modern adherents than the O.T. or N.T. Needed a few more prophets to make that happen. Which now makes me a target for getting cheeky about Mohammed. :ack-1:

Did you watch the video I posted? What do you think about what the man in the video (who knows the Quran) says? Do you think he is just lying and hates Muslims because . . . .

Not really. It was only a bunch of mumbo jumbo that really didn't address the fact that Muslims will pretend and "fake it" when they are the minority. Once they become more than a minority is when they will try to enforce their beliefs on nonbelievers.

Not at all. How were homosexuals treated by Christians? Women? Non-believers? Sucko. It took a seperation of church and government to start the process of change, and a less literal interpretation of the holy books. There is NO concept of individual rights in the Bible. It's all about obedience and submission. Same with the Quran. But many people today, don't view it as so literal.

Either you're changing the topic or we are not understanding each other.

I'm not rewriting history - I'm attempting to point out how religion adjusted to western values.

Religions as a whole have been oppressed by various governments, some more than once. Currently the religion most likely to kill someone of a different religion is Islam. You don't even have to be a different religion, just a different sect. Christians are attacked on a daily basis in this country and around the globe.

Religions as a whole have been oppressed by various governments, some more than once. Currently the religion most likely to kill someone of a different religion is Islam. You don't even have to be a different religion, just a different sect. Christians are attacked on a daily basis in this country and around the globe.

Yes, they attack and kill each other every day.

I'm not rewriting history - I'm attempting to point out how religion adjusted to western values.

Religion didn't adjust to western values. Western values are based on Judeo-Christian values.

Religion didn't adjust to western values. Western values are based on Judeo-Christian values.

Not really.

Women are no longer considered property.
Homosexuals aren't executed.
Those wonderful Judeo-Christian values are thankfully behind us.

Did you watch the video I posted? What do you think about what the man in the video (who knows the Quran) says? Do you think he is just lying and hates Muslims because . . . .

I wrote you a reaction on the last page. I worked hard on it too. All that is LITERALLY true (I suppose, I'm not a Koran scholar), but the key to understanding the older religious books is the CONTEXT in which they were written. And there was NONE of that in his analysis.

I think maybe the guy is invested a bit in discrediting Islam. Maybe even a Christian scholar that sees a market for 1.6BILLION conversions to Christ. Follow the souls hon. . Follow the souls.

Basically flacaltenn admitted Islam is a violent religion and remains so today. Hardly an endorsement.

America had no Muslim issue before we boinked several Arab countries and started to create a refugee stream from CULTURES that can't separate Islam from education, politics or values..
You need to read about the origins of the US Marines. Muslims have plagued this nation from the beginning.
Muslims have been part of our nation from the beginning.

Yes, as it has been pointed out we had to form the Marines because of them.

America had no Muslim issue before we boinked several Arab countries and started to create a refugee stream from CULTURES that can't separate Islam from education, politics or values..
You need to read about the origins of the US Marines. Muslims have plagued this nation from the beginning.

What could go wrong?? :blowup:

I wrote you a reaction on the last page. I worked hard on it too. All that is LITERALLY true (I suppose, I'm not a Koran scholar), but the key to understanding the older religious books is the CONTEXT in which they were written. And there was NONE of that in his analysis.

I think maybe the guy is invested a bit in discrediting Islam. Maybe even a Christian scholar that sees a market for 1.6BILLION conversions to Christ. Follow the souls hon. . Follow the souls.

The man in the videos IS a Quran scholar. Perhaps you should listen to him instead of your friend, Coyote. Lol.

What could go wrong?? :blowup:

Running out of Beano.

According to what the gun runners said themselves, it's easier to buy a whole bunch of guns at a gun show, because they don't ask very many questions.

And yeah.................some have "straw purchasers" who buy them from the stores for them.

One of them was asked if they felt bad knowing that these guns were going to be used to kill people, he said yeah, but the money was too good.

Oh, so you're just lying because you're a fucking leftist lowlife. :thup:

Not really.

Women are no longer considered property.
Homosexuals aren't executed.
Those wonderful Judeo-Christian values are thankfully behind us.

Yet that is precisely what Islam promotes, interesting. Women as property you say? Did we get past that period of time in the US where we were selling them? Did they come with papers? Can you give me the date we last executed a gay person under the Constitution for being gay?

Forum List

Back