Breaking: Charleston SC, white male shoots 8 people at Souths oldest black church

libs. reagan gave a speech were miles away and long ago something racist happened.
The speech was at the site of two murders 16 years earlier carried out by the whites that Reagasn was dog whistling to....his staff referred to MLK as Martin Lucifer Coon....

the murder site was miles away. stop lying.

did you know that obama lives in a house that used to be used by slavers?

it's true. he is obviously endorsing slavery.

must be his white half.

:rofl:

and right away the lib tries to move the discussion away from policies.

johnson flat out called them "*******".

does that outweigh his signing of the civl rights act 64?

was johnson pro-civil rights or anti-civil rights?

or is it somehow different when talking about a dem?

Dems actually accomplished something. Nixon, not so much. Nixon went along with desegregation after the courts gave him no choice, but he pandered to the white Bubba vote at every opportunity.

One grifter...right now the corruption in the welfare, medicaid, social security is legendary......it was bad then and it is worse now.....

Actually, it really isn't.

Just How Wrong Is Conventional Wisdom About Government Fraud - The Atlantic

It’s not easy to get agreement on actual fraud levels in government programs. Unsurprisingly, liberals say they’re low, while conservatives insist they’re astronomically high. In truth, it varies from program to program. One government report says fraud accounts for less than 2 percent of unemployment insurance payments. It’s seemingly impossible to find statistics on “welfare” (i.e., TANF) fraud, but the best guess is that it’s about the same.

A similar story emerges with everyone’s favorite punching bag, food stamps (or, as they’re known today, SNAP). Earlier this year, Senator John Thune of South Dakota and Rep. Marlin Stutzman of Indiana, both Republicans, introduced legislation to save $30 billion over 10 years from SNAP, purportedly by “eliminating loopholes, waste, fraud, and abuse.” Once you dig into their fact sheet, however, none of the savings actually come from fraud, but rather from cutting funding and tightening benefits. That’s probably because fraud levels in SNAP appear to be as low as with the other “pure welfare” programs we just touched on: “Payment error” rates -- money sent in incorrect amounts and/or to the wrong people -- have declined from near 10 percent a decade ago to 3 to 4 percent today, most of it due, again, to government error, not active fraud.

Meanwhile, you have big major corporations getting all sorts of tax breaks and you are ooooh, soooo fine with that.

Mitt Romney claimed a $77,000 tax deduction on his dancing horse, Rafalca, which is more than Most American household make.

The actual tax deduction the Romney's received for the half a million dollar valued Olympic quality dancer was like $50, JS

Tax Analysts -- Is the Tax Law Subsidizing Ann Romney s Horse

"Ann Romney incurred $77,731 of expenses related to Rob Rom in 2012. The Romneys did not deduct $77,731 of horse-related expenses. The passive loss rules don't let them do that. They deducted $49, the proportionate amount covered by passive income.

The publicity given the matter so far makes it appear that the LLC owns only one horse. We don't know how large Ann Romney's equity interest is, but the partnership agreement requires her to pay for two-thirds of Rafalca's expenses.

That would imply that Rafalca costs nearly $10,000 per month for upkeep, training, and flying around the world to shows. Sounds like a lot, but it is within the usual range of expenses for such a horse. Rafalca went to London on a chartered jet.

One website estimated a partial breakdown for the $77,731 figure: housing ($29,000 -- the price the Ebelings charge customers), food ($1,200 -- might be low), clothing ($10,000), medical care ($2,000 -- also might be low), and transport to shows ($15,000). (See http://current.com/groups/news-blog/93813208_raising-romneys-horse-vs-an-american-family-which-costs-more.htm.)

Clothing? Rafalca has T-shirts and hats that are sold to her fans, with some proceeds being given to the PATH International therapeutic riding program. Publicity has given the horse a following, but $10,000 would buy a lot of T-shirts. Clothing might include the farrier.

Enacted as an important part of the Tax Reform Act of 1986, section 469 walls off passive activities from the investor's other income, including investment income. Intended to combat tax sheltering of ordinary earned income, the passive activity loss rules are a true schedular system, modeled on the British rules for investment income.
Passive losses are a net number. The taxpayer's passive income and losses from all passive activities are lumped together on Form 8582, then losses are allowed proportionally to offset passive income.

The Romneys were only permitted to deduct $49 of the $77,731 expense attributed to Rafalca. The math required is a function of the statutory term "passive activity loss," which is a net number. Section 469(j)(4) empowers the Treasury to require allocation of the passive activity loss across all the taxpayer's passive activities on a pro rata basis.
First, the $77,731 must be divided by the Romneys' total losses of $2,276,385. That produces the passive loss ratio of 0.034.

Second, the passive loss ratio of 0.034 is multiplied by the unallowed losses on the front of Form 8582. For the Romneys, this amount is $2,274,956, consisting of passive income of $2,170 netted against current losses of $1,102,776, and carryover losses of $1,174,350. When $2,274,956 is multiplied by 0.034, the result is $77,682.
Third, $77,682 is subtracted from $77,731. The difference is $49. That amount is what the Romneys are permitted to deduct. So the taxpayers bought Rafalca a bag of oats or some morning vitamins.

Passive losses, however, may be carried forward and used to offset gain on the sale of the entire investment to an unrelated person in a taxable transaction (section 469(g)(1)(A)). So if Ann Romney sells her LLC equity interest to an outsider, or Rafalca is sold and the LLC liquidated, the Romneys can use the remaining $77,682 loss.
For the passive loss rules to apply to limit the use of the Romneys' losses, the costs of the care and feeding of Rafalca have to be section 162 business expenses in the first place, not section 183 hobby losses."

and right away the lib tries to move the discussion away from policies.

johnson flat out called them "*******".

does that outweigh his signing of the civl rights act 64?

was johnson pro-civil rights or anti-civil rights?

or is it somehow different when talking about a dem?

Dems actually accomplished something. Nixon, not so much. Nixon went along with desegregation after the courts gave him no choice, but he pandered to the white Bubba vote at every opportunity.

which is it?

did he not "accomplish something" or did he "accomplish something" because the courts forced him too?

you don't pander to racists by desegregating the schools their kids go to.

your continued use of regional bigoted slurs is noted.

That would imply that Rafalca costs nearly $10,000 per month for upkeep, training, and flying around the world to shows. Sounds like a lot, but it is within the usual range of expenses for such a horse. Rafalca went to London on a chartered jet.

That's nice. I'm sure Joe Soptics Wife would have liked to have his wife flown a chartered jet to get cancer treatment.

Shit, I bet they'd have like to have just had Joe's good job with his good insurance, before that Mormon Cocksucker looted his company to make a quick buck.

The Romney's are the kind of rich people that make me pine for the guillotine!

which is it?

did he not "accomplish something" or did he "accomplish something" because the courts forced him too?

Guy, I honestly wish we could lose the bubba redneck southern paft of the country.

But what they really need is a serious Re-eduation program down there.

That's nice. I'm sure Joe Soptics Wife would have liked to have his wife flown a chartered jet to get cancer treatment.

Shit, I bet they'd have like to have just had Joe's good job with his good insurance, before that Mormon Cocksucker looted his company to make a quick buck.

The Romney's are the kind of rich people that make me pine for the guillotine!

Are you wanting all business tax deductions removed, income potential for all American's capped, and rules as to what kinds of business someone can engage in then?

which is it?

Guy, I honestly wish we could lose the bubba redneck southern paft of the country.

But what they really need is a serious Re-eduation program down there.

you didn't answer my question.

your previous post contradicted itself.

you claimed that nixon didn't "accomplish something" and that he only did what i say he "Accomplished" because the courts made him.

this is central to the lib myth of the southern strategy.

if nixon made serious civil rights advances, that means he was not pandering to the racists in the south.

which is, btw, the reality of the situation.

and, might i note, that your constant demonstration of regional bigotry really puts your deep concern for racial bigotry in a fine light.

you claimed that nixon didn't "accomplish something" and that he only did what i say he "Accomplished" because the courts made him.

Uh, no, he really didn't. He just implemented the decisions courts made before he got there, because he really didn't have a choice in the matter, and the Public wasn't really resisting, anyway. He did manage to play on racial fears to get elected in 1968 and 1972, though.

if nixon made serious civil rights advances, that means he was not pandering to the racists in the south.

Uh, no, not if he was pandering while making it sound like, "Hey, it's not me, guys, it's the courts."
Which is pretty much what he did.

I'm guessing you aren't old enough to realize what a big deal forced busing was back in the day.

and, might i note, that your constant demonstration of regional bigotry really puts your deep concern for racial bigotry in a fine light.

Guys, i'm just pointing out the obvious. We deduct 20 IQ Point's when we hear a Southern Accent. Just like we award 20 IQ Points when we hear a Received Pronunciation British Accent.

Uh, no, he really didn't. He just implemented the decisions courts made before he got there, because he really didn't have a choice in the matter, and the Public wasn't really resisting, anyway. He did manage to play on racial fears to get elected in 1968 and 1972, though.

Uh, no, not if he was pandering while making it sound like, "Hey, it's not me, guys, it's the courts."
Which is pretty much what he did.

I'm guessing you aren't old enough to realize what a big deal forced busing was back in the day.

Guys, i'm just pointing out the obvious. We deduct 20 IQ Point's when we hear a Southern Accent. Just like we award 20 IQ Points when we hear a Received Pronunciation British Accent.

1. there is implementing, and then there is implementing aggressively. nixon did the latter.

2. so, now the bar has been moved again. you admit that he desegregated a lot, but claim he did it while complaining about it, and that was what led to a dramatic reversal of the political geography of this nation?

wow. just wow. that is ridiculous. to switch hard core partisans takes action and policies. not a little glad handling.

3. i'm not sure who your "we" is there, but i generally don't make prejudgements about people's intelligence based on an accent. you are a blatant bigot.

1. there is implementing, and then there is implementing aggressively. nixon did the latter.

really. Country still looks pretty segregated to me 40 years later.

2. so, now the bar has been moved again. you admit that he desegregated a lot, but claim he did it while complaining about it, and that was what led to a dramatic reversal of the political geography of this nation?

wow. just wow. that is ridiculous. to switch hard core partisans takes action and policies. not a little glad handling.

Nixon went out and shot the hippies. I think he did a pretty good job pandering to the Bubba Rednecks.

3. i'm not sure who your "we" is there, but i generally don't make prejudgements about people's intelligence based on an accent. you are a blatant bigot.

Well, that's because you are an ignorant Bubba Redneck. Sorry no one has told you this, Cleetus.

really. Country still looks pretty segregated to me 40 years later.

Nixon went out and shot the hippies. I think he did a pretty good job pandering to the Bubba Rednecks.

Well, that's because you are an ignorant Bubba Redneck. Sorry no one has told you this, Cleetus.

1. what? are you holding nixon responsible for events after he left office? that's silly.

2. err what? this came out of nowhere. expand and support this new angle of attack, or perhaps, just give up and admit that nixon was pro-civil rights and that the myth of the southern strategy is just that, a myth.

3. mm, nope. my parents never told taught me to hate people who are from different places or different than me. (my dad, a wwii vet did tell me to not trust japs, but other than that, no)

you are the bigot here. that's who your "We" is, bigots.

Are you wanting all business tax deductions removed, income potential for all American's capped, and rules as to what kinds of business someone can engage in then?

I think there's a difference between a sensible business deduction and some Mormon asshole getting a tax break for a fucking Dancing Horse.

So you think that the costs of an Olympic dressage horse should not be considered a business? Okay, then they should be allowed to sell the /very expensive/ foals, and studding rights of such a prized animal tax free, it would fall under the same /tax law/ as things like garage sales.

1. what? are you holding nixon responsible for events after he left office? that's silly.

Point was, Nixon could have told the South to suck it up, or he could have pandered to their racism.

He choose the latter.

2. err what? this came out of nowhere. expand and support this new angle of attack, or perhaps, just give up and admit that nixon was pro-civil rights and that the myth of the southern strategy is just that, a myth.

Nixon wasn't pro-civil rights. YOu do get this, right? That he was impeached because he regularly abused his powers. I mean, you do get this, right. I mean, you aren't an complete inbred southern mouth-breather, right?

3. mm, nope. my parents never told taught me to hate people who are from different places or different than me. (my dad, a wwii vet did tell me to not trust japs, but other than that, no)

you are the bigot here. that's who your "We" is, bigots.

I don't worry about what parents teach. What I've found about people in the south is that they are ignorant, stupid and mean, and unfortunately, we have to share a country with them.

But it doesn't mean we have to pretend to respect them.

Finally putting the Confederate Flag in the dustbin of history is a good first step.

So you think that the costs of an Olympic dressage horse should not be considered a business? Okay, then they should be allowed to sell the /very expensive/ foals, and studding rights of such a prized animal tax free, it would fall under the same /tax law/ as things like garage sales.

I think that teaching a horse to dance if kind of fucking silly. It's one of those things that makes me fucking hate rich people.

Now, if we could do a tax deduction for guillotines, i'm all for that.

We should tax the fuck out of the rich and not let them take deductions for their stupid hobbies.

I think that teaching a horse to dance if kind of fucking silly. It's one of those things that makes me fucking hate rich people.

Now, if we could do a tax deduction for guillotines, i'm all for that.

We should tax the fuck out of the rich and not let them take deductions for their stupid hobbies.

"Dance" is just a slang term, it's actually Dressage, which is an international horse sport - more akin to horse racing than a hobby. The Lipizzaner stallions are dressage horses.

The entire reason it got involved in taxes in the first place is because these folks are making millions, off the sale of foals, colts, and breeding rights. The government wanted a piece of that. Originally we /tried/ to say it was a "hobby" but the IRS said fuck you that's not a hobby, it's a "for profit business." They specifically /forced/ us to become "businesses":

"The IRS presumes that an activity is carried on for profit if it makes a profit during at least three of the last five tax years, including the current year — at least two of the last seven years for activities that consist primarily of breeding, showing, training or racing horses." [emphasis added]

Somewhere in the previous 7 years the half a million dollar Olympic dancer had won competitions (duh the horse made it to the Olympics) and could also have contracted future/sold current breeding rights, a foal, or a colt which would count as income.

They have to pay taxes on /all/ the money they make, plus the value of the horse itself - so the asset, the horse, is worth $500,000, and they pay taxes on that, they pay taxes on any money made for the above, they pay taxes on any winnings (from prizes or gambling) that resulted from the horse(s), the latter is set at 25% though I believe the other items I list vary in their tax rates - I paid an accountant and didn't do the books for my horses. Also paid for stable hands, and self-employment taxes.

It's taxed like a business, why shouldn't it get deductions like a business?

Forum List

Back