Breaking Bad: The Final 8

But you've asked what I would have done differently and I'll begin by saying I would have used Walt's confession disc to eventually send Hank to Leavenworth, because that little surprise was a master stroke that erased all the troubling little excesses from my mind. ... I outlined a much more interesting and credible way for Walt to hide in Message #138 if you'd care to read it.

... Don't you think Walt could have taken out that gang in a much more credible manner by simply ambushing them with the M-60?

Again, it was the acting, not the script, that made Breaking Bad so popular.

I'm not aware of any series in which only the acting made it popular, thus I cannot agree that the script did not have as much to do with the show's success.

Sending Hank to Leavenworth (in any credible fashion) would have expended an enormous amount of the plot on Hank. If the show was about Hank, then this would make sense. I've seen this sort of weird plot device used, mainly in British Drama, which tends to trail down such rabbit-holes, or often worse, contrive some amazingly convenient way to speed through what would have been realistically a very long drawn-out process.

As far as the hiding process was concerned, it seemed to be a minor plot device in which the details were irrelevant; Walt needed to be removed from the setting. New Hampshire seems as good a place as any.

Finally, the killing of the Aryans, could have been done any number of ways, however, it had to be done in a unique way. Simply walking through the door, or ambusing, and blowing them away would not be suitable for Walt's character. You may notice that throughout the series, Walt does not actually kill many people, but when he does it is always with a certain scientific flair reminicent of Dr. Phibes, a fascinating character played by Vincent Price in two movies that I'm certain you would find abominable.

Last edited:
[...]

Sending Hank to Leavenworth (in any credible fashion) would have expended an enormous amount of the plot on Hank. If the show was about Hank, then this would make sense. I've seen this sort of weird plot device used, mainly in British Drama, which tends to trail down such rabbit-holes, or often worse, contrive some amazingly convenient way to speed through what would have been realistically a very long drawn-out process.

[...]
I strongly disagree with that.

Walt's confession disc was one of the most brilliant and, for me, gratifying elements of the entire series, mainly because it was absolutely and flawlessly credible. Best of all, Hank, the brutish authoritarian egomaniac, deserved to be pulled into the trap.

Walt's confession was supported by a lot of very strong items of condemning evidence, mainly the money that paid for Hank's physical therapy. Who would believe Marie's version of the story after her record as a systematic petty thief is revealed? And Hank's brutal beating of Jesse Pinkman could easily be attributed to some conflict between drug dealers. All of the many little elements contained in Walt's naming of Hank as a dominant accomplice would be corroborated by the fact that Hank had been operating autonomously rather than following a strict rule which requires him to keep his superiors informed of his activities -- and the little matter that he knew his own brother-in-law was the primary suspect in the highest priority case but he kept it to himself.

I think the final scene of Breaking Bad should have been Hank being processed in the Leavenworth Receiving Room.

But they tossed it aside and chose to drift into fantasy.

For the better part of the last six weeks, my wife and I have been watching two episodes a night of Breaking Bad.

We finished the final episode tonight. It is IMHO the best television show I've ever seen, probably the best TV show or movie I've ever seen.

It was unbelievable.

Last edited:
For the better part of the last six weeks, my wife and I have been watching two episodes a night of Breaking Bad.

We finished the final episode tonight. It is IMHO the best television show I've ever seen, probably the best TV show or movie I've ever seen.

It was unbelievable.

27892d1381535106-breaking-bad-the-final-8-heisenbernanke-say-my-name.jpg

[MENTION=2926]Toro[/MENTION]

There's no need to get this whole discussion going again so I'm not going to comment on a lot of things.
I just watched a great deal of the Breaking Bad marathon that ended Monday night on AMC and I have a few questions.
I've read thru all the pages in this thread cause I just wanted to read some other opinions about the series.

What happened to the other barrels of money ?
The aryans took them out of the ground, replacing them with Hank and his DEA partner.
So what did they do with the barrels of money ?....wasn't it 6 barrels ?
Did Jesse know where they were simply because they had taken him with them ?

I missed the first two seasons in this last marathon, so I missed them totally.

I don't think they advertised Breaking Bad very well Before it ever started.
I remember the ads just pissed me off cause all I could think was Who the hell wants to watch a series about a loser who manufactures Meth ?
NOT ME.....and I forgot about it.
I couldn't imagine how that could be worthy of watching.
There was one thing in the news that piqued my interest cause I have a morbid curiosity and Breaking Bad was mentioned by name in it, but I still didn't start watching it even then.
This is what was in the news:
Japan gigolo-club boss dissolved in toxic chemicals - Latest news around the world and developments close to home - MSN Philippines News

What kind of petty thief was Marie ?...a shoplifter ?
Just curious.

I have looked all over the imdb site for Breaking Bad and cannot find the little bastard's name that shot the kid on the bicycle at the train tracks and also lured Jesse's girlfriend out on her sidewalk so he could shoot her. He looked like he was 20 and had reddish blonde hair. Anyway, I found it very satisfying to see Jesse strangle him with a chain in that last episode......

Although he was a loudmouthed smartass, I had no problem with Hank.
I liked what he did to the 2 cartel assassins. Those 2 had no consciences or souls left. They were like robots and I had zero sympathy for them.

An FYI: The Ensure (a case) taken to Walt when he was in NH is a nutrition supplement for people whose diets are lacking in enough nutrition...It is not a "diet drink" as I noticed someone here said it was.

Someone questioned why was Hank the hit for those 2 robot assassins.
Originally Walt was the intended hit, but Gus (IMO) needed Walt too much and the hit was changed to Hank.

Anyway...my questions:

What happened to the money in the barrels the asshole aryans took out of the ground ?
Since Jesse was with them (by force) are we to assume he knew where it was ?

What happened to Ted ?...Skylar's boss/fling.
How did he end up in the hospital bed with his head fixed in that "halo" thing ?
Sorry, I missed a few episodes re: that.

And what kind of petty thief was Marie ?
Was she an habitual shoplifter ?

Thanks to anyone who wants to reply.

I am so excited!
I got a home version Breaking Bad chemistry set. I hope to turn a profit soon.

Talk about a powerful brand marketing! Does it come with blue dye?

Hasbro has really outdone itself now!

There's no need to get this whole discussion going again so I'm not going to comment on a lot of things.
I just watched a great deal of the Breaking Bad marathon that ended Monday night on AMC and I have a few questions.
I've read thru all the pages in this thread cause I just wanted to read some other opinions about the series.

What happened to the other barrels of money ?
The aryans took them out of the ground, replacing them with Hank and his DEA partner.
So what did they do with the barrels of money ?....wasn't it 6 barrels ?
Did Jesse know where they were simply because they had taken him with them ?

I missed the first two seasons in this last marathon, so I missed them totally.

I don't think they advertised Breaking Bad very well Before it ever started.
I remember the ads just pissed me off cause all I could think was Who the hell wants to watch a series about a loser who manufactures Meth ?
NOT ME.....and I forgot about it.
I couldn't imagine how that could be worthy of watching.
There was one thing in the news that piqued my interest cause I have a morbid curiosity and Breaking Bad was mentioned by name in it, but I still didn't start watching it even then.
This is what was in the news:
Japan gigolo-club boss dissolved in toxic chemicals - Latest news around the world and developments close to home - MSN Philippines News

What kind of petty thief was Marie ?...a shoplifter ?
Just curious.

Yep. She got caught a couple of times. Skyler and Hank knew - not sure if anyone else did. I think that's why she started seeing a therapist initially.

I have looked all over the imdb site for Breaking Bad and cannot find the little bastard's name that shot the kid on the bicycle at the train tracks and also lured Jesse's girlfriend out on her sidewalk so he could shoot her. He looked like he was 20 and had reddish blonde hair. Anyway, I found it very satisfying to see Jesse strangle him with a chain in that last episode......

That was 'Todd'. Creepy motherfucker. Total sociopath.

Although he was a loudmouthed smartass, I had no problem with Hank.
I liked what he did to the 2 cartel assassins. Those 2 had no consciences or souls left. They were like robots and I had zero sympathy for them.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to get a 'certain poster' fired up on this, but I ended up liking Hank quite a bit myself, despite my general aversion to macho, authoritarian types. More than any other character, he had something like a consistent morality. "At least it was an ethos" (* bonus points if you know what that quote is from)

Anyway...my questions:

What happened to the money in the barrels the asshole aryans took out of the ground ?

dunno. I assume they spent a chunk of it setting up their new lab.

Since Jesse was with them (by force) are we to assume he knew where it was ?

Maybe. Maybe he goes back and gets the money, and Brock, and lives large in Alaska for the rest of his life.

What happened to Ted ?...Skylar's boss/fling.
How did he end up in the hospital bed with his head fixed in that "halo" thing ?
Sorry, I missed a few episodes re: that.

Ted Beneke - Breaking Bad Wiki

Thanks, dblack.

And thanks to PixieStix for that 9 minute refresher video !
(post # 57)

I just found out the episode in which they dissolved a body in chemicals was in the 3rd episode of the first season.

Yeah, I've Gotta have this series on dvd.

Oh For Frelling's Sake I am now totally addicted to Breaking Bad.

I binge watched the first season on Sunday while mr. boe watched the StooperBowl with his comrades.

Now.Must.Watch.All.Of.It

Thank the goddess for streaming Netflix.

I got all six seasons on DVD for Christmas.

Probably the greatest show, movie or TV, I've ever seen.

[youtube]twSfxmpXVZY[/youtube]

I agree, it is THE absolute best show I have ever seen. I own it too, and will watch it again. And again!

I miss my Sunday's with Breaking Bad :(

I agree, it is THE absolute best show I have ever seen. I own it too, and will watch it again. And again!

I was sick with the flu and saw all of it.

Most excellent.

I was sick with the flu and saw all of it.

Most excellent.
:thup:
Nothing better than a great show to bring people together.

I watched the entire series, and I am not even sure if I liked it or not. It sure was compelling though, and I kept watching it.

Forum List

Back