BREAKING: 20,000 Yazidis rescued

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
The U.S. military carried out a new series of airstrikes Sunday against ISIS targets in Iraq, while some 20,000 Yazidi Iraqis who had been trapped on Mount Sinjar were rescued and taken to the Syrian-Iraqi border.

Thousands of Yazidis rescued, Iraqi official says - CNN.com

To paraphrase Lincoln, if Obama is in over his head, we need more Presidents that will tread water. Actually, he knows how to form alliances, and let our allies do the work.

Iraqi Ministry of Human Rights spokesman Kamil Amin told CNN that Kurdish forces were able to break the siege by ISIS and help thousands of stranded Yazidis board trucks, which drove them to the Syrian border town of Hasaka near Iraq. They were then driven north along the Syrian-Iraqi border to Dohuk, a region in northern Iraqi Kurdistan.
In Dohuk, the Kurdish government helped the refugees find shelter, Amin said.
The Yazidis are a target of ISIS, which calls itself the Islamic State and was known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. Yazidis are part of one the world's oldest monotheistic religious minorities. Their religion is considered a pre-Islamic sect that draws from Christianity, Judaism and the ancient monotheistic religion of Zoroastrianism.

That's nice...

Cheering for ISIS isn't a good bet anymore, sorry.

I spit bullets every time I read a post or a thread anywhere that attempts to cloak ISIS and their diabolical reign of terror as just some sort of "disenfranchised Sunni group".

First off it is an insult beyond to sane Sunnis and there are many.

It is an insult to anyone's intelligence who has been observing the attempts to overthrow Assad by any means possible including turning a blind eye to ISIS and Levant and Al Nusra who now look like they're going to jump in with ISIS as well.

I'm glad Obama has had his back pushed to the wall and is finally coming to the plate and giving the Iraqi government the support they have begged for. Close to a year now.

But I fear, too little too late. ISIS is complete. God help us.

Last edited:
That's nice...

I spit bullets every time I read a post or a thread anywhere that attempts to cloak ISIS and their diabolical reign of terror as just some sort of "disenfranchised Sunni group".

It is an insult to anyone's intelligence who has been observing the attempts to overthrow Assad by any means possible including turning a blind eye to ISIS and Levant and now Al Nusra looks like their going to jump in with ISIS as well.

I'm glad Obama has had his back pushed to the wall and is finally coming to the plate and giving the Iraqi government the support they have begged for. Close to a year now.

It's just IS now, and their dreams of world domination.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHn0pBePN7I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHn0pBePN7I[/ame]

Imagine how many more could have been saved if the far left Obama did not cut run in Iraq.

Now he has to conduct an illegal war that the far left will back all the way.

That's nice...

It is an insult to anyone's intelligence who has been observing the attempts to overthrow Assad by any means possible including turning a blind eye to ISIS and Levant and now Al Nusra looks like their going to jump in with ISIS as well.

ISIS in nihilist, not any faith, I believe, but Kurds are BREAKING THROUGH THEIR LINES. Kurds do not back down.

The U.S. military carried out a new series of airstrikes Sunday against ISIS targets in Iraq, while some 20,000 Yazidi Iraqis who had been trapped on Mount Sinjar were rescued and taken to the Syrian-Iraqi border.

To paraphrase Lincoln, if Obama is in over his head, we need more Presidents that will tread water. Actually, he knows how to form alliances, and let our allies do the work.

Iraqi Ministry of Human Rights spokesman Kamil Amin told CNN that Kurdish forces were able to break the siege by ISIS and help thousands of stranded Yazidis board trucks, which drove them to the Syrian border town of Hasaka near Iraq. They were then driven north along the Syrian-Iraqi border to Dohuk, a region in northern Iraqi Kurdistan.
The Yazidis are a target of ISIS, which calls itself the Islamic State and was known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. Yazidis are part of one the world's oldest monotheistic religious minorities. Their religion is considered a pre-Islamic sect that draws from Christianity, Judaism and the ancient monotheistic religion of Zoroastrianism.

That sounds a bit far fetched Peachy...you got video? How many trucks do you need to carry 20000 peeps and what was ISIS doing...directing traffic?

Last edited:
That's nice...

Almost as hopless as cheering for Obama.

20,000 rescued. I thought there were 40,000.

I guess when we've lowered our expectations and elected Obama, 50% rescue is time to celebrate.

As opposed to take Baghdad last week, as we heard, major progress. Keep hoping for defeat, but your hope is growing dimmer.

That sounds a bit far fetched Peachy...you got video? How many trucks do you need to carry 20000 peeps and what was ISIS doing...directing traffic?

This has gotta hurt you:

Kurdish officials told the Associated Press that Syrian Kurdish fighters opened a safe passage from the mountains Thursday night, allowing some 20,000 Yazidis to make their way toward refuge in Syria.

Kurdish TV station KurdSat released footage it said showed Saturday's rescue of families in the mountains.

Fears Remain For Yazidis Still Trapped In Mountains

Notice the Toyota truck. Again KURDS HAVE CUT THROUGH ISIS LINES(.)

ISIS in nihilist, not any faith, I believe, but Kurds are BREAKING THROUGH THEIR LINES. Kurds do not back down.

ISIS could not be of any faith but of the Devil. Their barbarism is evil.

This has gotta hurt you:

Kurdish officials told the Associated Press that Syrian Kurdish fighters opened a safe passage from the mountains Thursday night, allowing some 20,000 Yazidis to make their way toward refuge in Syria.

Kurdish TV station KurdSat released footage it said showed Saturday's rescue of families in the mountains.

Fears Remain For Yazidis Still Trapped In Mountains

Notice the Toyota truck. Again KURDS HAVE CUT THROUGH ISIS LINES(.)

That really hurt Peachy...I never knew a Toyota could carry 20000 peeps...I'm gonna buy their stock..fo sho!...did it have Sirius satellite radio so they could hear Wille on the trip?. Channel 56......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back