BREAKING: 20,000 Yazidis rescued

20,000 is an insignficant number? That's more than the entire ISIS force, according to estimates...you know...

these guys who are going to take over the world, apparently.

20,000 is half of the 40,000 total: Did I say it was "Insignificant?"

No.

I said it was good, for Obama.

For a competent president, no, 50% is not good. What would have been good would have begun dropping bombs on ISIS about 2 months ago: BEFORE there were 40,000 Christian refugees to save.

20,000 is not insignificant. It's about the number of dead and wounded innocent Palestinians in the latest violence inflicted on them.

No one has said 20,000 was insignificant.

Nice Red herring though, I'm certain someone will want to discuss Palestinians instead of the remaining 20,000 refugess or the fact that if Obama had not dithered away for the past 2 months, there would be no refugees at all.

Instead of finding fault with this news, I think we should give credit to Obama for giving the order for the military to go ahead and do the action. And above all, commend the military for a job well done!

May they complete the job and rescue the rest of the people on this mountain.

Am I mistaken, but didn't the Kurds do this?

No.

For a competent president, no, 50% is not good. What would have been good would have begun dropping bombs on ISIS about 2 months ago: BEFORE there were 40,000 Christian refugees to save.

20,000 is not insignificant. It's about the number of dead and wounded innocent Palestinians in the latest violence inflicted on them.

Nice Red herring though, I'm certain someone will want to discuss Palestinians instead of the remaining 20,000 refugess or the fact that if Obama had not dithered away for the past 2 months, there would be no refugees at all.
The number of Palestinian dead is nwhere near 20,000. NYCybo makes shit up.

No.

You know, I don't think the statute of limitations, even figuratively speaking, has run out on the Bush administration's culpability in creating the Iraq of today.

If the world wants to save the world from ISIS, let the UN step up. Iraq is no more our concern than the neverending civil war, or whatever they're calling it now,

in the Congo.

so many BREAKING threads I thought the board was broken ... true to form, the war mongers ARE broken.

WAR WAR WAR MORE WAR... WE NEED MORE WAR !

Iraq War IS 13 YEARS OLD !!! Even the stupid Russians left after 10 years.. We could be there 13 more years, take a 3 month break, and those third world pukes would be right back at each others throats killing each other ... what part about that is soooooooo difficult to understand? The mid east is the mid east and will ALWAYS be the mid east... The USA IS NOT big brother to the WORLD.

enough is enough.

War is 10000 years old...get on board Gertrude... Your virgins await!

Dropping bombs on Iraq to prevent the deaths of innocent civilians? Wasn't that the 2003 strategy?

Read Carefully.

I mentioned dropping bombs on ISIS.

Two months ago.
On ISIS.

Just like we did a few days ago.
On ISIS

Beginning to sink in yet?

I don't recall it was Bush's INTENT, either, in 2003, to bring about the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis,

but he did. While as a bonus he was cultivating the grounds for an ISIS to grow out of.

Look, I appreciate your obsession with Bush: What better defense do you have for Obama than to simply change the subject from what Obama is actually DOING, to rehashing a 10 year old arguement about, "deaths of hundreds of thousands innocent Iraqis" all babies, sleeping in cribs, and their mothers, at some UN safe zone that Americans were purposely targeting because US forces were so careless in Iraq, shooting at everything that moved just like the Machine gunner in Apocolypse Now which as you know is the most realistic war movie ever made by hollywood.

No.

Goodie, easy to take apart:
1. Spend no money,
2. Send no US tooops,
3. But defeat ISIS, and..........surprise................the US has been sharing intellligence and sending hardware since DAY 1. Gee, the Kurds took too long, why didn't YOU help them? The hardware was authorized in previous "anti-terrorism" legislation.

Instead of finding fault with this news, I think we should give credit to Obama for giving the order for the military to go ahead and do the action. And above all, commend the military for a job well done!

Am I mistaken, but didn't the Kurds do this?

Actually, you are right. It was a joint operation. From my understanding, which is little, we gave air bombing cover.

Obama has not come out and given a complete overview on what happened here.

You know, I don't think the statute of limitations, even figuratively speaking, has run out on the Bush administration's culpability in creating the Iraq of today.

If the world wants to save the world from ISIS, let the UN step up. Iraq is no more our concern than the neverending civil war, or whatever they're calling it now,

in the Congo.

What is the UN going to "step in" with Gertrude...your broom?

The number of Palestinian dead is nwhere near 20,000. NYCybo makes shit up.

"It's about the number of dead and wounded..."

Rabbi, you remain the best example of the brains of modern American conservatism.

in the Congo.

Agreed.

Remove Americans from Irbil and Bagdad, and let the UN take care of the refugees that survive the slaughter.

:eusa_hand:

:lol:

Sorry I just could not keep a straight face.

What job is that?

Ive asked repeatedly what the administration's goals in Iraq are and have heard crickets.

Obama is going to put on a wetsuit & pretend to be a US Seal; Bush's flyboy rountine was all the purpose of Iraq 2003, a 1.9 TRILLION dolar campaign commercial. The goal has been stated REPEATEDLY: protect US personnel, establish a STABLE IRAQI government that isn't only Sunni*, and most importantly, prevent GENOCIDE.

*Bush II didn't know Sunni from Sufi to begin with.

1. Spend no money,
2. Send no US tooops,
3. But defeat ISIS, and..........surprise................the US has been sharing intellligence and sending hardware since DAY 1. Gee, the Kurds took too long, why didn't YOU help them? The hardware was authorized in previous "anti-terrorism" legislation.

1. Um, It costs money, honey, to fligh US Aircraft off a US Aircraft carrier.

2. There are at least 300 US ground "Advisors"

3. ISIS is no where near "Defeated."

Next?

Read Carefully.

Two months ago.
On ISIS.

On ISIS

I don't recall it was Bush's INTENT, either, in 2003, to bring about the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis,

but he did. While as a bonus he was cultivating the grounds for an ISIS to grow out of.

Look, I appreciate your obsession with Bush: What better defense do you have for Obama than to simply change the subject from what Obama is actually DOING, to rehashing a 10 year old arguement about, "deaths of hundreds of thousands innocent Iraqis" all babies, sleeping in cribs, and their mothers, at some UN safe zone that Americans were purposely targeting because US forces were so careless in Iraq, shooting at everything that moved just like the Machine gunner in Apocolypse Now which as you know is the most realistic war movie ever made by hollywood.

That was Iraqis choice...not Ws...

in the Congo.

You gotta let this Bush thing go, Bud. Obama Was not able to negotiate with Iraq the terms for forces to stay. He was not a negotiator, Everything went downhill from there.

Dropping bombs on Iraq to prevent the deaths of innocent civilians? Wasn't that the 2003 strategy?

Read Carefully.

Two months ago.
On ISIS.

On ISIS

Obama owns ISIS. Not Bush.

Read Carefully.

Two months ago.
On ISIS.

On ISIS

Obama owns the economic "recovery" and Killing OBL.

th

1. Spend no money,
2. Send no US tooops,

1. Um, It costs money, honey, to fligh US Aircraft off a US Aircraft carrier.

2. There are at least 300 US ground "Advisors"

3. ISIS is no where near "Defeated."

Next?

That was the right's mantra two, three months ago. :lol::lol::lol: Take out ISIS without expending resources or personnel, ain't gonna happen. Though thus far, only money has been spent.

Read Carefully.

Two months ago.
On ISIS.

On ISIS

Where was ISIS before Bush destabilized Iraq?

Forum List

Back