BREAKING: 20,000 Yazidis rescued

The Kurds invited us to set a base in their territory before we turned tail and ran in Iraq. If we had listened to them none of this would have happened.
Why didnt Obama listen to the Kurds?? Why did Obama wait so long to do something? What is the administration's goal in Iraq now?

so many BREAKING threads I thought the board was broken ... true to form, the war mongers ARE broken.

WAR WAR WAR MORE WAR... WE NEED MORE WAR !

Iraq War IS 13 YEARS OLD !!! Even the stupid Russians left after 10 years.. We could be there 13 more years, take a 3 month break, and those third world pukes would be right back at each others throats killing each other ... what part about that is soooooooo difficult to understand? The mid east is the mid east and will ALWAYS be the mid east... The USA IS NOT big brother to the WORLD.

enough is enough.

so many BREAKING threads I thought the board was broken ... true to form, the war mongers ARE broken.

Iraq War IS 13 YEARS OLD !!! Even the stupid Russians left after 10 years.. We could be there 13 more years, take a 3 month break, and those third world pukes would be right back at each others throats killing each other ... what part about that is soooooooo difficult to understand? The mid east is the mid east and will ALWAYS be the mid east... The USA IS NOT big brother to the WORLD.

enough is enough.
How much genocide could you live with?

Cheering for ISIS isn't a good bet anymore, sorry.

Almost as hopless as cheering for Obama.

20,000 rescued. I thought there were 40,000.

I guess when we've lowered our expectations and elected Obama, 50% rescue is time to celebrate.

As opposed to take Baghdad last week, as we heard, major progress. Keep hoping for defeat, but your hope is growing dimmer.

Apparently you've been living under some sort of giant rock of naiveté for the past few months.

You do realize ISIS has been slaughtering Christian civilians for the past couple of months, right?

If you like to fantasize that Obama is some sort of hero, go right ahead, but you may also want to congratulate a few fire fighters that commit arson so they can save the family cat.

enough is enough.
If he's a normal American, quite a lot actually...

That's nice...

I guess when we've lowered our expectations and elected Obama, 50% rescue is time to celebrate.

20,000 is an insignficant number? That's more than the entire ISIS force, according to estimates...you know...

these guys who are going to take over the world, apparently.

enough is enough.

The Russians were not in Iraq.

Some of the people were taken out on foot, in snaking lines through the desert. An estimated 5,000 were brought to safety by the Kurds, which could leave tens of thousands more still in acute danger in the Sinjar mountains.

This is not finished.

They are escaping to refugee camps set up for them in Syria as well. I do find it astonishing that the media is still saying that the conflict in Syria is a civil war. What a pantload.

The International Rescue Committee said it was providing emergency medical care for up to 4,000 dehydrated Yazidis, mostly women and children, who survived without food or water for up to six days hiding in the Sinjar mountains before fleeing to a refugee camp in Syria, where a civil war is raging.

Yazidis rescued by Kurdish peshmerga after escaping Jihadist horde | Mail Online

enough is enough.
If he's a normal American, quite a lot actually...

As long as it wasnt anyone he knew. I've got mine, you fuckers can die. True Democrat sentiment.

The U.S. military carried out a new series of airstrikes Sunday against ISIS targets in Iraq, while some 20,000 Yazidi Iraqis who had been trapped on Mount Sinjar were rescued and taken to the Syrian-Iraqi border.

Thousands of Yazidis rescued, Iraqi official says - CNN.com

To paraphrase Lincoln, if Obama is in over his head, we need more Presidents that will tread water. Actually, he knows how to form alliances, and let our allies do the work.

Iraqi Ministry of Human Rights spokesman Kamil Amin told CNN that Kurdish forces were able to break the siege by ISIS and help thousands of stranded Yazidis board trucks, which drove them to the Syrian border town of Hasaka near Iraq. They were then driven north along the Syrian-Iraqi border to Dohuk, a region in northern Iraqi Kurdistan.
In Dohuk, the Kurdish government helped the refugees find shelter, Amin said.
The Yazidis are a target of ISIS, which calls itself the Islamic State and was known as the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria. Yazidis are part of one the world's oldest monotheistic religious minorities. Their religion is considered a pre-Islamic sect that draws from Christianity, Judaism and the ancient monotheistic religion of Zoroastrianism.

This is great news, no doubt. Cannot take it away from Obama. Something went right. I personally would have felt better if he would have stayed at the Oval Office ready to give orders if anything went wrong, that's all.

But in his defense, that may have been in the hands of the military, not him. So, stay on your vacation, Mr. President, all is in control.

20,000 is an insignficant number? That's more than the entire ISIS force, according to estimates...you know...

20,000 is half of the 40,000 total: Did I say it was "Insignificant?"

No.

I said it was good, for Obama.

For a competent president, no, 50% is not good. What would have been good would have begun dropping bombs on ISIS about 2 months ago: BEFORE there were 40,000 Christian refugees to save.

Last edited:

enough is enough.

Obama and western leaders gave us these monsters called ISIS. It is his responsibility to clean up after the mess he created.

Oh and by the way Russia gave up on Afghanistan.

No.

For a competent president, no, 50% is not good. What whould have been good would have begun dropping bombs on ISIS about 2 months ago BEFORE there were 40,000 Christian refugees to save.

Dropping bombs on Iraq to prevent the deaths of innocent civilians? Wasn't that the 2003 strategy?

No.

For a competent president, no, 50% is not good. What whould have been good would have begun dropping bombs on ISIS about 2 months ago BEFORE there were 40,000 Christian refugees to save.

Dropping bombs on Iraq to prevent the deaths of innocent civilians? Wasn't that the 2003 strategy?

Read Carefully.

I mentioned dropping bombs on ISIS.

Two months ago.
On ISIS.

Just like we did a few days ago.
On ISIS

Beginning to sink in yet?

No.

For a competent president, no, 50% is not good. What would have been good would have begun dropping bombs on ISIS about 2 months ago: BEFORE there were 40,000 Christian refugees to save.

20,000 is not insignificant. It's about the number of dead and wounded innocent Palestinians in the latest violence inflicted on them.

Instead of finding fault with this news, I think we should give credit to Obama for giving the order for the military to go ahead and do the action. And above all, commend the military for a job well done!

May they complete the job and rescue the rest of the people on this mountain.

No.

Read Carefully.

I mentioned dropping bombs on ISIS.

Two months ago.
On ISIS.

Just like we did a few days ago.
On ISIS

Beginning to sink in yet?

I don't recall it was Bush's INTENT, either, in 2003, to bring about the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis,

but he did. While as a bonus he was cultivating the grounds for an ISIS to grow out of.

Instead of finding fault with this news, I think we should give credit to Obama for giving the order for the military to go ahead and do the action. And above all, commend the military for a job well done!

May they complete the job and rescue the rest of the people on this mountain.

What job is that?

Ive asked repeatedly what the administration's goals in Iraq are and have heard crickets.

Forum List

Back