Brazil To Kentucky: How Tariffs Could Affect The Coal Industry

undertherqadar

Feb 1, 2018
Not only is coal not coming back , it will further shrink more

More winning trumpsters?

Last week, Brazil reminded U.S. officials that it’s the biggest buyer of American met coal – about $1 billion worth last year – in a statement expressing concerns over the tariffs.

Latin America’s largest economy imported nearly 5.2 million tons of U.S. met coal through September of last year – about 1.3 million more than the next highest consumer, Japan, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Brazil also said it would not rule out retaliating against proposed tariffs. Similarly, a European Union trade leader has threatened to impose tariffs on U.S.-made products like steel, cars, orange juice and Kentucky bourbon.

coal will not be coming back in the way that miners' think. automation over humans means more productivity without the health risks, therefore no medical insurance needed for non humans. plus no paycheck distribution.

More winning trumpsters?

Last week, Brazil reminded U.S. officials that it’s the biggest buyer of American met coal – about $1 billion worth last year – in a statement expressing concerns over the tariffs.

Latin America’s largest economy imported nearly 5.2 million tons of U.S. met coal through September of last year – about 1.3 million more than the next highest consumer, Japan, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Brazil also said it would not rule out retaliating against proposed tariffs. Similarly, a European Union trade leader has threatened to impose tariffs on U.S.-made products like steel, cars, orange juice and Kentucky bourbon.

I thought Trade deficits didn't matter. Why are they upset?

coal will not be coming back in the way that miners' think. automation over humans means more productivity without the health risks, therefore no medical insurance needed for non humans. plus no paycheck distribution.

Automation is not an excuse to not care about jobs.

More winning trumpsters?

So is Brazil going to LOWER ther coal tariffs now to ensure their citizens get to buy coal cheaper?

That's been the argument by globalists, "you're only hurting your citizens" I assume CNN and others will come out and lash out at Brazil for wanting to increase prices for their citizens.

I like free trade and global trade, but not one sided exploitation. Pay the tariff and do what you must, but don't pretend that you and many others haven't been committed to helping America fail. They are a member of BRIC, they are wanting to produce an alternative reserve currency, the only way their currency can take hold is if America fails.

More winning trumpsters?

So is Brazil going to LOWER ther coal tariffs now to ensure their citizens get to buy coal cheaper?

That's been the argument by globalists, "you're only hurting your citizens" I assume CNN and others will come out and lash out at Brazil for wanting to increase prices for their citizens.

I like free trade and global trade, but not one sided exploitation. Pay the tariff and do what you must, but don't pretend that you and many others haven't been committed to helping America fail. They are a member of BRIC, they are wanting to produce an alternative reserve currency, the only way their currency can take hold is if America fails.

I for one, don't think that another reserve currency would be bad for America.

Considering our trade balance, the dollar should have been falling for a long time, which would have helped our exports and discouraged imports.

miners are being lied to. they believe THEIR jobs are 'coming back'. they think that THEY will be mining instead of a robotic solution to their black lung disease.

miners are being lied to. they believe THEIR jobs are 'coming back'. they think that THEY will be mining instead of a robotic solution to their black lung disease.

"automation" has become a buzz word used by those who are against Trump's pro jobs agenda.

"automation" has become a buzz word used by those who are against Trump's pro jobs agenda.

coal automation - Google Search

Yeah, where is Brazil going to get coal cheaper than the U.S.? Here let me laugh at your OP :auiqs.jpg:
not well versed in economics are you, rube

I burst your bubble, tissue? Look dummy who has the wealth to win a trade war, its not Brazil goddamn liberals are stupid.

Brazil will not be fighting the trade war alone you moron. Trump has declared war on the whole planet

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

coal automation - Google Search

A Google search is not an argument. It is not even a clearly stated position.

Coal is 40 per cent of world electricity production.

Ignoring it is not a reasonable, or even sane policy.

No matter how many times you say, "automation".

Yeah, where is Brazil going to get coal cheaper than the U.S.? Here let me laugh at your OP :auiqs.jpg:

I burst your bubble, tissue? Look dummy who has the wealth to win a trade war, its not Brazil goddamn liberals are stupid.

Brazil will not be fighting the trade war alone you moron. Trump has declared war on the whole planet

Or did the whole world declare war on US long ago, and we just started fighting back now?

BTW, remember when Trade deficits didn't matter. Why does Brazil care?

You are a big fat liar here have these :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

More winning trumpsters?

/----/ Then you should support traffic if it hurts the coal industry. So where will Brazil and Japan turn to get their coal, Cuba?

Forum List

Back