Brazil To Kentucky: How Tariffs Could Affect The Coal Industry

Yeah, where is Brazil going to get coal cheaper than the U.S.? Here let me laugh at your OP

China, India and (I believe) Australia produce MORE and CHEAPER coal than the U.S.
What are the chances that the Brazilian government would also know that???
/----/ So why would they not already be buying coal from those countries, out of their largess and kind hearted spirit towards the US?

Because they had trade deals with the US, but now the whole world is finding out those trade deals are not worth the paper they are printed on thanks to a POTUS that lacks any sort of integrity.

Here is a scenario for you, right now Brazil gets coal from us and China gets grains from us. What happens when they say "who needs the US" and strike a deal with each other, Brazil sends their grains to China, China sends their coal to Brazil and the US loses both markets?
/----/ They would already be doing that if it were in their best interest.

I know this is a dumb question as you are not aware of anything, but are you aware that China is building a rail system in Peru and Brazil linking grain producing regions to ports on both sides of the continent. Why do you suppose they are doing that?

What are you going to do libwit teleport it across the ocean?

"Brilliant" retort.......since we ship coal to Brazil via FedEx....correct?

Do you have any idea how far away India and China are? After you finish middle school things will become more clear :itsok:

And yet somehow Brazil and China have found a way to do trade with each other. weird!

Its pretty clear you are a traitor and side with China and Brazil, that's sad but not unexpected.

:290968001256257790-final:

Yeah, where is Brazil going to get coal cheaper than the U.S.? Here let me laugh at your OP

China, India and (I believe) Australia produce MORE and CHEAPER coal than the U.S.
/----/ So why would they not already be buying coal from those countries, out of their largess and kind hearted spirit towards the US?

Because they had trade deals with the US, but now the whole world is finding out those trade deals are not worth the paper they are printed on thanks to a POTUS that lacks any sort of integrity.

Here is a scenario for you, right now Brazil gets coal from us and China gets grains from us. What happens when they say "who needs the US" and strike a deal with each other, Brazil sends their grains to China, China sends their coal to Brazil and the US loses both markets?

I know this is a dumb question as you are not aware of anything, but are you aware that China is building a rail system in Peru and Brazil linking grain producing regions to ports on both sides of the continent. Why do you suppose they are doing that?

Hey feel free to move to China you communist China loving hafwit. Wait...Obama is that you?

Hey feel free to move to China you communist China loving hafwit. Wait...Obama is that you?

:lame2:

get this hack, he thinks we should just let China and others screw us over and do nothing. While China and others routinely cheat on trade deals this clown says we should let them and not fight back. Clowns like this stupid idiot are why Dem's lost the House, Senate, and White House.

Oh, that old mantra that right wingers won everything and we are all to rejoice on how great life is...LOL

What ever happened to trump's "promise" of marking China a currency manipulator?

What ever happened to Trump's PRAISES of China's president for life envy?

So why would they not already be buying coal from those countries, out of their largess and kind hearted spirit towards the US?

In 2011, the United States and Brazil signed the Agreement on Trade and Economic Cooperation to enhance cooperation on trade and investment between the Western Hemisphere's two largest economies. ... Brazil is currently our 14th largest goods trading partner with $56.5 billion in total (two way) goods trade during 2016.

Brazil | United States Trade Representative
Brazil | United States Trade Representative

Brazil is just 3% of our exports :itsok:

get this hack, he thinks we should just let China and others screw us over and do nothing. While China and others routinely cheat on trade deals this clown says we should let them and not fight back. Clowns like this stupid idiot are why Dem's lost the House, Senate, and White House.

Oh, that old mantra that right wingers won everything and we are all to rejoice on how great life is...LOL

What ever happened to trump's "promise" of marking China as a currency manipulator?

I would still destroy your anti American arguments, while napping.

:lame2:

^^^ colludes with China against U.S.

What ever happened to trump's "promise" of marking China a currency manipulator?

We won, you lost, its still funny :auiqs.jpg:

/----/ Uhhh Spanky: Germany and Switzerland to help build coast-to-coast railway in South America | Americas| North and South American news impacting on Europe | DW | 17.12.2017
China’s Ambitious Rail Projects Crash Into Harsh Realities in Latin America

You should actually READ your own links, nitwit.....LOL

Faster trade route to China

Apart from bolstering South America's domestic market, the transcontinental railway has been designed to transport goods across South America and out of the continent - especially to China, which is already Brazil's largest trading partner and most important export market, apart from the USA. According to a study conducted by the South American infrastructure initiative IIRSA, the time needed for transport between Brazil and China will be cut significantly from 67 to 42 days compared with the route through the Panama Canal.

Last edited:

/----/ Uhhh Spanky: Germany and Switzerland to help build coast-to-coast railway in South America | Americas| North and South American news impacting on Europe | DW | 17.12.2017

Thank you for helping to prove my point. You are a helpful fellow even if you did it out of ignorance.

Apart from bolstering South America's domestic market, the transcontinental railway has been designed to transport goods across South America and out of the continent - especially to China, which is already Brazil's largest trading partner and most important export market, apart from the USA. According to a study conducted by the South American infrastructure initiative IIRSA, the time needed for transport between Brazil and China will be cut significantly from 67 to 42 days compared with the route through the Panama Canal.

Why do you assume these people have the capacity to read more than just the headline?

Why do you assume these people have the capacity to read more than just the headline?
/----/ China is not building the railroad. Of course I saw that. Idiot.

/----/ China is not building the railroad. Of course I saw that. Idiot.

They started the project and when they ran into difficulty they enlisted the help of other countries. Unlike the US that is currently telling the whole world to Fuck off, other countries can actually work together for their mutual benefit.

Thank you for helping to prove my point. You are a helpful fellow even if you did it out of ignorance.
/----/ My only ignorance is thinking you can understand a simple point. You posted "but are you aware that China is building a rail system in Peru and Brazil " and I posted it was Germany and Switzerland. BTW, did you read this: "
But across the region, one large Chinese rail venture after another has come crashing against the hard realities of Latin American politics, resistance from environmental groups, and a growing wariness toward China. While China boasts of its rail initiatives around the world, it has often been stymied here in Latin America, reflecting how even China’s formidable ambitions have limits.
Now, new worries over China’s economic growth are raising more doubts about the blitz of what China calls its “railroad diplomacy,” as parts of Latin America reel from their dependence on China."

China is not building the railroad. Of course I saw that. Idiot.

Nitwit, NEITHER is the U.S..........But the article CLEARLY states that the railroad will immensely help south America's trade with China.

/----/ My only ignorance is thinking you can understand a simple point. You posted "but are you aware that China is building a rail system in Peru and Brazil " and I posted it was Germany and Switzerland. BTW, did you read this: "
But across the region, one large Chinese rail venture after another has come crashing against the hard realities of Latin American politics, resistance from environmental groups, and a growing wariness toward China. While China boasts of its rail initiatives around the world, it has often been stymied here in Latin America, reflecting how even China’s formidable ambitions have limits.
Now, new worries over China’s economic growth are raising more doubts about the blitz of what China calls its “railroad diplomacy,” as parts of Latin America reel from their dependence on China."

Who is going to benefit the most from the rail lines being built right now to connect the two sides of the continent of South America?

Or did the whole world declare war on US long ago, and we just started fighting back now?

It is a war we cannot win. Economically the US needs the world more than the world needs the US.

What happens when the world says "sure, go it alone US" and oil is no longer tied to the dollar? Does that hurt the US just a little bit?

1. Mmm, considering that the status quo is US giving them hundreds of billions of dollars a year, I think we can win, or at least lose less.

2. We don't need that. That doesn't help US. It is hurting US, a lot.

3. I think not. I think that that would be good for the US to let the dollar plummet, like it should to a normal level. It would encourage domestic consumption and exports and discourage imports.

Forum List

Back