Boycotting Hobby Lobby for anti-semitism? Yes and Amen!

"The Christian Billionaire"

I'd like to address the subject of Christian billionaires as this is another matter that I feel unsettled about. How does the Love of Jesus Christ abide in the heart of a man with Billions of dollars sitting in his bank account in the end times while millions of his brethren, the poor around the world are suffering for lack of daily bread? Let's look at what the bible actually teaches on these matters. Please keep in mind I am not judging the world for holding onto their fortunes - God will judge the world - but the Christian is to judge those inside who are destroying the church from within by their willful sins against the church - giving it a bad reputation - this is the command of the Apostle Paul. Please see Corinthians 5: 1 - 12.

It is written:

Hereby we percieve the love of God, because as he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso has this worlds goods and shuts up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the Love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in tongue but in deed and in truth. And hereby, we know the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. For if our hearts condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God. - 1 John 3: 16, 17.

Love speaks the truth to his or her brother..Love rebukes, corrects and exhorts. Iron sharpens Iron..

Love does not say all is well, brother, when it is obvious they are living a lie. They do not remain silent when the brother misrepresents christian values and Jesus Christ ------>because he is the biggest tither in the church and throws millions at Israel for the privledge of doing whatever he feels like! This is not Christianity, folks! That is accepting a bribe and allowing someone to buy your silence in exchange for some favors! Some things money cannot buy! Now let's begin with the first thing money cannot buy. SALVATION.

Zacheus who found his salvation through his departure with greed, theft, and dishonesty. Zacheus didn't try to buy Jesus off! He didn't excuse his lies, his theft, and his greed! He didn't drop off a few bags of gold and silver at the synagogue to appease the Jews! He confessed his sins and made restitution to all he had harmed! ALL.

Jesus clearly lets us know that Zacheus's response was the actions of a truly saved man! Surely Salvation had come to Zachaeus's house! As to heaping up treasures in the last days? The apostles warned about that. That comes next. Stay tuned..

Last edited:
Jews have been commercializing Christmas in their stores for years. No doubt we should return the favor. However, the line of merchandise a store carries is a business decision. If they are going to be 'required' to carry Jewish ornaments, then no doubt they should carry those of ALL other religions. You see how ridiculous this then becomes.

I really like Hobby Lobby an I will not stop shopping there. I go to the one in Clarksville EVERY TIME I go to Nashville. They have many items that I cannot find anywhere else, and their stock of oil painting supplies is second to none in this area. I also buy many Christmas presents from there. I don't recall the last time I needed a menorah. Oh wait! I have NEVER needed a menorah any more than I have needed a burka or hajib. Anyone who needs those things can find them conveniently online.

Halloween is not a religious celebration. I know some fundamentalist religions want to claim it is, but, seriously, it is just a good time for the children to play dress up and get candy. The churches I have attended have always had their own Halloween parties. And the decorations are not all for Halloween, but also for the autumn in general and Thanksgiving and the fall harvest in particular. Nothing wrong with any of it.

You cannot stop any sect from shopping at Hobby Lobby because it is open to the public, but no group gets to decide what merchandise Hobby Lobby carries. That is a business decision their management team and CEO get to decide. If you don't like it, don't shop there. See how easy that is.

Liberals couldn't get a boycott going over abortion, so they're trying this now.

Ridiculous.

The Billionaire Business Man

It is written:

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

Your gold and your silver is cankered and the rust of them shall testify against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire.

You have heaped up treasure together for the last days.

Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth, and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the sabaoth.

You have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton. You have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

You have condemned and killed the just and he does not resist you. - James 5 : 1 - 6

Damn, I needed to buy lots of Menorahs and a Hobby Lobby was exactly where it seemed logical to shop for them since I needed some model planes too and didn't want to waste gas going to two places.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm outraged.

And, you'll be happy to hear that Hobby Lobby buys almost nothing made in the US so you will supporting China AND the America-hating right at the same time. Don't forget that HL also pays shit and offers very few benefits to their employees. They're against ACA and want government control of women's reproduction.

That's a win-win-win for traitorous rw's.

More money that China can loan us when the democrats raise the debt ceiling. Yay Hobby Lobby!

When a Christian says, I will do such and such in November of this year!

From the teachings of James concerning Boasting about "tomorrow"........

It is written:

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on a business and making money. Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrrow. What is your life?

You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you should say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that. As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil.

Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins. - James 4: 13 - 17

It is a good lesson for all who wear the name Christian, that we say, God willing we will do this come winter. God willing, we shall attend such and such. God willing.

It is written:

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on a business and making money. Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrrow. What is your life?

You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you should say, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that. As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil.

Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins. - James 4: 13 - 17

It is a good lesson for all who wear the name Christian, that we say, God willing we will do this come winter. God willing, we shall attend such and such. God willing.

Hun, I don't see what any of this has to do with Hobby Lobby. Seriously, did you sleep under the nightshade last night?

On the matter of lawsuits...

The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you are completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:

Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards, nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Corinthians 7-10

It is obvious that abortion is murder and that no murderer shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. The good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is that God does forgive murderers. Paul was a murderer. He murdered Christians. Yet Jesus Christ not only forgave Paul but called him to the ministry. God's mercy is incredibly vast and great and man cannot comprehend the mercy, love and compassion God has for his creation. Nevertheless, if we do not repent and come to him, if we neglect so great a salvation through His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, what shall become of us?

- 1 Corinthians 6: 7 - 11

Anyone who can't find their menorah at Hobby Lobby can step just down the way and find one at Michael's.

Search

On the matter of lawsuits...

The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you are completely defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated? Instead, you yourselves cheat and do wrong, and you do this to your brothers.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:

Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards, nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Corinthians 7-10

It is obvious that abortion is murder and that no murderer shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. The good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is that God does forgive murderers. Paul was a murderer. He murdered Christians. Yet Jesus Christ not only forgave Paul but called him to the ministry. God's mercy is incredibly vast and great and man cannot comprehend the mercy, love and compassion God has for his creation. Nevertheless, if we do not repent and come to him, if we neglect so great a salvation through His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, what shall become of us?

- 1 Corinthians 6: 7 - 11

Where did Jesus say to boycott Hobby Lobby?

It is written:

Hun, I don't see what any of this has to do with Hobby Lobby. Seriously, did you sleep under the nightshade last night?

No and neither will I hide my light under one, Sunshine. This man has used his Christian morals as an excuse to not carry Hannukah and Passover Jewish items in his store. According to his company workers... yet he announced according to latest report provided by Amelia that he has made an annoucement of "what he will do" in November. If he had said, God willing, I will do such and such in November then that is in accordance to the teachings of the Christian faith and according to the teachings of James - without including God first all other speech of his plans a month out is boasting and is evil. When we examine our walk according to scripture we can see more clearly what is going on, Sunshine. The path of the Christian is narrow, Sunshine. Not a wide road where folks do whatever they feel like doing and then tell everyone they are a christian.

Last edited:
What is slander?

Dictionary definition:

A false statement spoken against another.

If the statement is not false. If the statement is accurate it is not slander.

Furthermore, if this speaking the truth brings the person into the accountability that their own church is not willing to do, the like minded political allies are not willing to do, due to agendas of large tithe and offering donations, due to needing the persons money, assets, to assist in their own agenda, then who shall bring the person into accountability for their actions which oppose the teachings of Christ?

If their pastor will not do it for fear of losing the person as a member of their church..
If their political allies / party will not do it for fear of losing the persons money, donations, power to effect change in the direction of their own agendas......
If their family members will not do it due to misplaced loyalties that place loved ones above their love for Jesus Christ and the words of Jesus Christ...
If the Jews ( some not all ) are not willing to do it because the man has given millions in donations to Israel..
If those who defend murder of the unborn are unwilling to do it because the person does many good things to save the unborn and compromise is better......

If no one is willing to speak truth to this billionaire conservative republican business man whose anti semitic business practices, his lies to the public invented to cover it up, his blaming his christian values rather than the sin in his own heart and whose own massive wealth is going to stand up and testify against him one day and send him to hell eternally? Then everyone is guilty, folks! That's right!

There is no greater love than to speak the truth to someone who is a member of the body of Christ and on their way to hell! No greater love! Love speaks truth! Love rebukes, corrects and exhorts and Love does not compromise for the sake of "being Nice"! That is not being a Peace Maker! That is being a "Peace Keeper"! Jesus said, Blessed are the Peace Makers! Not the Peace Keepers!

The bible is clear on what a Christian must do:

It is written:

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wicked way, he shall die in his inquity, but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Again, when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die, because thou has not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered, but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Nevertheless, if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he was warned, also thou has delivered thy soul. - Ezekiel 3: 18 -21

We need to look at the fruit here people and realize that God loves Mr. Green but allowing Mr. Green to duck and dodge on this matter is not Calvary love. It may be the worlds love but it is most definitely not scriptural by any stretch of the imagination. This is the kind of love that will send the man to hell without a prayer. Why? Because the people surrounding him refuse to face reality and speak the truth to him. That's why.

Last edited:
by Rabbi Donald Weber

October 8, 2013

Freedom is messy. From the American Nazi Party marching in Skokie, Ill., to the myriad websites promoting hatred of — insert the name of any religious, racial, or political group here — freedom is something we all cherish…until we are on the receiving end of someone else’s exercise of freedom.

Witness the flurry of discussion in and around Marlboro, where it was discovered that the newly opened Hobby Lobby arts and crafts and notions store did not stock items relating to Jewish holidays or Judaism in general. Various callers to the store management and to the company’s headquarters have reported responses indicating that the company is a Christian-owned company, and the absence of the Judaism-related items reflected what the company calls “our values.”

To put this into perspective, the parent company, Oklahoma City-based Hobby Lobby Stores Inc., has refused to provide its employees with health insurance that covers the “morning after pill” for contraception. That case is on its way to the Supreme Court.

The company makes no bones about its Christian focus. In an op-ed piece in USA Today, owner David Green said, “We’re Christians, and we run our company on Christian principles.”

This may come as a shock to many of us who live in a part of the country where respect for other faiths is almost a necessity, but what Hobby Lobby is doing — at least as it relates to carrying or not carrying Jewish items — is completely legal. Stores can carry any items they choose. Whether it is smart business to ignore the Jewish market is another matter, but that, too, is not an issue of legality — or bias.

It has been reported that at least one employee in Marlboro told a Jewish customer, “We don’t cater to you people.” Even that statement, if it is true, is not illegal or discriminatory. If the store asked a person to leave because he or she was wearing a Jewish star, that would rise (or sink) to the level of discrimination, but otherwise it just doesn’t. That’s the messy part of freedom.

But that does not mean we are powerless, or helpless. The same freedom that allows Hobby Lobby to ignore Jewish interests also allows us to ignore Hobby Lobby. Our freedom includes the right to vote with our feet, and with our money. Not just in searching for Hanukka items, but for everything Hobby Lobby stocks. We are free, too — free to patronize the companies we choose.

Personally, I find Chick-fil-A’s publicly stated antipathy toward gays to be offensive, so I don’t eat there. And I believe Wal-Mart’s treatment of its employees is horrible, so I don’t shop there. That is my right, and the result of my freedom.

If you want to buy items for Hanukka, there are lots of choices. Start with the Judaica shop at any synagogue. Then try any of the local stores that recognize and respect our traditions, including, believe it or not, the Christmas Tree Shops in Freehold. And if you want to buy items that are sold in Hobby Lobby, it’s your choice whether to go there or somewhere else. Personally, I’ll go somewhere else.

http://www.njjewishnews.com/article/18589/hobby-lobby-and-us-a-study-in-freedom

Last edited:
by Rabbi Donald Weber

October 8, 2013

Freedom is messy. From the American Nazi Party marching in Skokie, Ill., to the myriad websites promoting hatred of — insert the name of any religious, racial, or political group here — freedom is something we all cherish…until we are on the receiving end of someone else’s exercise of freedom.

Witness the flurry of discussion in and around Marlboro, where it was discovered that the newly opened Hobby Lobby arts and crafts and notions store did not stock items relating to Jewish holidays or Judaism in general. Various callers to the store management and to the company’s headquarters have reported responses indicating that the company is a Christian-owned company, and the absence of the Judaism-related items reflected what the company calls “our values.”

To put this into perspective, the parent company, Oklahoma City-based Hobby Lobby Stores Inc., has refused to provide its employees with health insurance that covers the “morning after pill” for contraception. That case is on its way to the Supreme Court.

The company makes no bones about its Christian focus. In an op-ed piece in USA Today, owner David Green said, “We’re Christians, and we run our company on Christian principles.”

This may come as a shock to many of us who live in a part of the country where respect for other faiths is almost a necessity, but what Hobby Lobby is doing — at least as it relates to carrying or not carrying Jewish items — is completely legal. Stores can carry any items they choose. Whether it is smart business to ignore the Jewish market is another matter, but that, too, is not an issue of legality — or bias.

It has been reported that at least one employee in Marlboro told a Jewish customer, “We don’t cater to you people.” Even that statement, if it is true, is not illegal or discriminatory. If the store asked a person to leave because he or she was wearing a Jewish star, that would rise (or sink) to the level of discrimination, but otherwise it just doesn’t. That’s the messy part of freedom.

But that does not mean we are powerless, or helpless. The same freedom that allows Hobby Lobby to ignore Jewish interests also allows us to ignore Hobby Lobby. Our freedom includes the right to vote with our feet, and with our money. Not just in searching for Hanukka items, but for everything Hobby Lobby stocks. We are free, too — free to patronize the companies we choose.

Personally, I find Chick-fil-A’s publicly stated antipathy toward gays to be offensive, so I don’t eat there. And I believe Wal-Mart’s treatment of its employees is horrible, so I don’t shop there. That is my right, and the result of my freedom.

If you want to buy items for Hanukka, there are lots of choices. Start with the Judaica shop at any synagogue. Then try any of the local stores that recognize and respect our traditions, including, believe it or not, the Christmas Tree Shops in Freehold. And if you want to buy items that are sold in Hobby Lobby, it’s your choice whether to go there or somewhere else. Personally, I’ll go somewhere else.

Hobby Lobby and us: A study in freedom | NJJN

I thank God for this Rabbi and his article on what happened with Hobby Lobby. I am truly grateful for his addressing this matter of Hobby Lobby and their Christian principles statement / Christian morals statement. The Rabbi does make it clear that Mr. Green's is claiming his decision not to carry items for Passover and Hannukah is based on his "Christian Values" I say that Mr. Green does not represent me and he most definitely does not represent Jesus Christ. Why? Because Jesus celebrated the Passover. Who celebrated the Passover? JESUS CHRIST CELEBRATED THE PASSOVER! Hope you are reading this Mr. Green because according to Scripture you do not have a leg to stand on concerning this claim about your "Christian Values".

It is written:

Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.

- Luke 2: 41,42

I am not asking Amelia to make a public apology to me for judging me wrongly in this matter. I forgive her and ask the Lord to forgive her for eveything she said because I don't believe she knew what she was doing. I pray God blesses her today. - Jeri

Last edited:
I am so grateful for all of you here demanded that this thread be re-opened today! SO THANKFUL! The Lord is faithful to bring the truth forth and I praise His Holy Name today for vindicating me because truly I do not believe anyone has stood up for me other than some of the Jews and the Rabbis and a couple of Christians and some non believers! The same thing happened on my email discussion concerning this story!

What does that say about where the world is at right now?

Do they even recognize true Christianity when they see it anymore?

Last edited:
I'm very much a Christian. That being said, Steve Green, as an entrepreneur, can sell whatever he wants in his store, as long as it's legal, and everyone else as consumers can choose whether or not to shop in his stores.

Isn't America great?

I agree, Sumar. Steve Green can most certainly ignore the Jews if he wishes to. But he can't claim to be a Christian adhering to his Christian values while doing it!

Why? Because Jesus celebrated the Passover in Luke 2: 41 - 52.

Isn't the Word of God great? He exposes every lie and brings to light every deception! I praise God for Jesus! Jesus is my friend! I feel sorry for Mr. Green that he has denied Jesus before men and that if he doesn't repent Jesus is going to deny him before the Father.

As we are Christians, Sumar, we need to pray for Mr. Green's salvation. He isn't saved. He is not alone. There are many Christians sitting in evangelical churches today who aren't saved either.

This is why Jesus warns us to see no man after the flesh. We need to look at them in the spirit to see what is really going on.. if we don't? We'll be deceived!

I agree, Sumar. Steve Green can most certainly ignore the Jews if he wishes to. But he can't claim to be a Christian adhering to his Christian values while doing it!

Isn't the Word of God great? He exposes every lie and brings to light every deception! I praise God for Jesus! Jesus is my friend! I feel sorry for Mr. Green that he has denied Jesus before men and that if he doesn't repent Jesus is going to deny him before the Father.

As we are Christians, Sumar, we need to pray for Mr. Green's salvation. He isn't saved. He is not alone. There are many Christians sitting in evangelical churches today who aren't saved either.

This is why Jesus warns us to see no man after the flesh. We need to look at them in the spirit to see what is really going on.. if we don't? We'll be deceived!

If Mr. Green really is a Christian, then he should never reject Jesus as his savior. We all know the penalty for that sin.

If Mr. Green really is a Christian, then he should never reject Jesus as his savior. We all know the penalty for that sin.

I pray God blesses your socks off, Sumar! I tell you the truth you are truly my Christian brother and I love you with the Love of Jesus Christ! May God bless you, bless your family, bless your children, bless your household, bless you all the days of your life, bless you with angels to protect your home, your car, your business, your finances, all that concerns you and your household.. I will be praising God for brothers and sisters like you until the day I leave this earth and then continueing on throughout eternity.

With great appreciation for your bold witness for Jesus Christ, Karen

I'm glad the reopened the article...more opportunity to show what a boob you are.

Forum List

Back