Boycotting Hobby Lobby for anti-semitism? Yes and Amen!

“As someone with a great many Christian friends and acquaintances,” Berwitz wrote, “I can honestly say that I don’t know even one who would see the intentional exclusion of Jews as having anything to do with their religious beliefs.”

I think this is a non-issue, as this is like 1 guy talking.

The owner of 500 Hobby Lobby stores in the United States that is willing to carry all kinds of Holiday decorations, celebration articles, etc including pagan - but refusing to carry anything Jewish in his store is a "non - issue" to you? Are you serious?

Jeremiah, at the end of the day the guy can do whatever the heck he likes. It's his store, and therefore can stock it with whatever he wants to stock it with.

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way, but there's really nothing you can do about it.

I mean, members of the Church of Satan can say the same thing (ie he doesn't stock Satanic Bibles, or upsidedown pentagrams/crosses, etc) - would you also push for those things to be included at Hobby Lobby? When does it stop?

Last edited:
Hobby Lobby carries Christian items for their holidays, Pagan items for their holidays, they appear to carry everything you could possibly wish to decorate your home for the holidays will...........UNLESS you are Jewish. This is not right, Mr. Clean. Why don't you go to your local Hobby Lobby and see for yourself? I find it offensive.

We don't have Hobby Lobbys.

Did they look in the new, this year only Thanksgivukkah section?

Well as he claims to be a Christian, Hjmick, one would think he would consider providing merchandise for Gods holidays rather than Satans........ ( Halloween and Yule ) Just a thought, you know..

“As someone with a great many Christian friends and acquaintances,” Berwitz wrote, “I can honestly say that I don’t know even one who would see the intentional exclusion of Jews as having anything to do with their religious beliefs.”

The owner of 500 Hobby Lobby stores in the United States that is willing to carry all kinds of Holiday decorations, celebration articles, etc including pagan - but refusing to carry anything Jewish in his store is a "non - issue" to you? Are you serious?

Halloween is not a pagan holiday, it is the eve before All Saints Day and it's original title was "Hallowed Eve".

Halloween is not a pagan holiday, it is the eve before All Saints Day and it's original title was "Hallowed Eve".

That doesn't make lt any less annoying.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.

Hobby Lobby carries Christian items for their holidays, Pagan items for their holidays, they appear to carry everything you could possibly wish to decorate your home for the holidays will...........UNLESS you are Jewish. This is not right, Mr. Clean. Why don't you go to your local Hobby Lobby and see for yourself? I find it offensive.

No one will pretty soon. I am praying God puts Mr. Green out of business permanently. I believe God sees this one differently than most of you. This is most definitely not going to work out for him as his anti semitic actions are marring the Lords name and the name of Christianity. I am sure the Lord will act swiftly on this one! :eusa_angel:

Where did Steve Green say he refused to sell Hanukkah merchandise? Link please.

Steve Green's response to the controversy:

We sincerely apologize for any employee comments that may have offended anyone, especially our Jewish customers and friends. Comments like these do not reflect the feelings of our family or Hobby Lobby. Our family has a deep respect for the Jewish faith and those who hold its traditions dear. We're proud contributors to Yad Vashem, as well as to other museums and synagogues in Israel and the United States. We are investigating this matter and absolutely do not tolerate discrimination at our company or our stores. We do not have any policies that discriminate; in fact, we have policies that specifically prohibit discrimination. We have previously carried merchandise in our stores related to Jewish holidays. We select the items we sell in our stores based on customer demand. We are working with our buyers to re-evaluate our holiday items and what we will carry in the future.

No one will pretty soon. I am praying God puts Mr. Green out of business permanently. I believe God sees this one differently than most of you. This is most definitely not going to work out for him as his anti semitic actions are marring the Lords name and the name of Christianity. I am sure the Lord will act swiftly on this one! :eusa_angel:

So how did you feel about the Chik Fil A and Barilla boycotts?

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.

That does not surprise me, Alfalfa. Never the less, God loves you and I have the love of Christ for you too. We are to love our neighbor. That means all neighbors not just the ones we count as "worthy" of our love. This man is in for a rude awakening when he stands before the Lord.

How could one possibly love their neighbor as themselves and be a billionaire in this day and age? I don't believe it. No he could not hoard billions while seeing the poverty and distress of those around him lacking even daily substance! I see the parable of the rich young ruler and this one has a chip on his shoulder against the Jewish people no less!

The left will do or say ANYTHING to destroy one of their targets. Let Hobby Lobby promote abortion, and all these complaints would disappear.

Where did Steve Green say he refused to sell Hanukkah merchandise? Link please.

Steve Green's response to the controversy:

We sincerely apologize for any employee comments that may have offended anyone, especially our Jewish customers and friends. Comments like these do not reflect the feelings of our family or Hobby Lobby. Our family has a deep respect for the Jewish faith and those who hold its traditions dear. We're proud contributors to Yad Vashem, as well as to other museums and synagogues in Israel and the United States. We are investigating this matter and absolutely do not tolerate discrimination at our company or our stores. We do not have any policies that discriminate; in fact, we have policies that specifically prohibit discrimination. We have previously carried merchandise in our stores related to Jewish holidays. We select the items we sell in our stores based on customer demand. We are working with our buyers to re-evaluate our holiday items and what we will carry in the future.

That apology was almost 2 weeks ago and the official store policy is that they have no plans on ordering anything Jewish or anything for the Jewish holidays and this came directly from the store manager I spoke to TODAY. In other words, Mr. Green doesn't only have a problem with Jews he has a problem with speaking the "truth"...

The answer is in the OP, Amelia and here is one clip for you to read:

That story prompted Berwitz, who own a market research company and writes the “Hopelessly Partisan” blog, to call the Marlboro store and ask why it seemed to be ignoring Hanukkah, the eight-day Jewish festival of lights, which begins on Nov. 27 this year. He wrote that he received the following response:

“Because Mr. Green is the owner of the company, he’s a Christian, and those are his values.”

I am telling you as a Christian, Amelia, that Mr. Greens values do not reflect the values of a bible believing Christian. If he has a problem with Jews then please do not advertise to the world that you are a Christian. Anti semitism is not a Christian value and that is all I have to say about that. Thank you for asking.

Forum List

Back