Boycott Staples

The only reason that the USPS is losing money is due to this
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/hr6407/text

passed in 2006 where they are forced to pay for benefits/retirement 75 years in advance by 2016. Still with me? Ok, that is prepay for people who aren't even born yet. That's not even touching the 40 year accounting error by the Office of Personnel Management. That right there is $80 billion and should be returned.

Further, the USPS is more cost efficient, produces a profit, and has a protection that the other businesses do not provide.

This is the process of destroying good paying middle class jobs to the eight and change jobs.

So curious, why were they forced those 75 years worth of benefits. Who did they go to. Anyone back from the future to explain?

To bankrupt them. The PO pays 5.5 billion to 5.8 billion a year benefits/retirement. It's flat out unnecessary.

I'm asking to understand the purpose for the legislation. Were there shortfalls in the pensions? I'd like to know the history.

So curious, why were they forced those 75 years worth of benefits. Who did they go to. Anyone back from the future to explain?

To bankrupt them. The PO pays 5.5 billion to 5.8 billion a year benefits/retirement. It's flat out unnecessary.

I'm asking to understand the purpose for the legislation. Were there shortfalls in the pensions? I'd like to know the history.

The USPS is in deep shit financial trouble - and it's not because they "prefunded' pensions. Even with that prefunding, they have oodles of unfunded liabilities.

The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) currently owes $99.8 billion in benefit payments to its current and retired workers but does not have the money, and if Congress does not act to fix the problem, the Postal Service may have to “implement contingency plans to ensure that mail delivery continues,” according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO).

“At the end of fiscal year 2013,” said the GAO, “USPS had about $100 billion in unfunded liabilities: $85 billion in unfunded liabilities for benefits, including retiree-health, pension, and workers’ compensation liabilities, and $15 billion in outstanding debt to the U.S. Treasury—the statutory limit.”

“USPS continues to be in a serious financial crisis, with insufficient revenue to cover its expenses and financial obligations, a continuing decline in profitable First-Class Mail volume, increasing unfunded benefit liabilities, and borrowing limitations due to having reached its $15 billion statutory debt [borrowing] limit,” said Frank Todisco, a GAO chief actuary, in prepared testimony before the House Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and the Census on Mar. 13. ...

Postal Service Faces $100B in Debts and Unfunded Benefits | CNS News

The USPS is in deep shit financial trouble - and it's not because they "prefunded' pensions. Even with that prefunding, they have oodles of unfunded liabilities.

The U.S. Postal Service (USPS) currently owes $99.8 billion in benefit payments to its current and retired workers but does not have the money, and if Congress does not act to fix the problem, the Postal Service may have to “implement contingency plans to ensure that mail delivery continues,” according to a new report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO).

“At the end of fiscal year 2013,” said the GAO, “USPS had about $100 billion in unfunded liabilities: $85 billion in unfunded liabilities for benefits, including retiree-health, pension, and workers’ compensation liabilities, and $15 billion in outstanding debt to the U.S. Treasury—the statutory limit.”

“USPS continues to be in a serious financial crisis, with insufficient revenue to cover its expenses and financial obligations, a continuing decline in profitable First-Class Mail volume, increasing unfunded benefit liabilities, and borrowing limitations due to having reached its $15 billion statutory debt [borrowing] limit,” said Frank Todisco, a GAO chief actuary, in prepared testimony before the House Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service and the Census on Mar. 13. ...

Postal Service Faces $100B in Debts and Unfunded Benefits | CNS News

So, where did the money go?

Another binary reaction. Nothing to see here folks. Uncensored holds a degree from MSU. He's trying to sell off the US as quickly as possible.

You're so lame.

Fer christs sake, that women has waited 7 hours to get her license, get off your ass and help her....

Two of the largest courier and shipping services have reported spending more than $3 million on lobbying the federal government during the first quarter.

Both companies reported spending more than a million a month on lobbying legislation and regulations dealing with fuel taxes, trade, pensions, Department of Defense appropriations, security, healthcare, pharmaceutical distribution, and postal reform.

The United Parcel Service company reported spending $3,044,992 during the first quarter, up from reporting $1,561,4140 during the fourth quarter of 2013. During the quarter the company also lobbied on the minimum wage issue. During 2013, the company reported spending $5.6 million. A company spokesperson stated there were no new projects or programs in the first quarter, but there were accounting changes and once a year compensation calculations. View multi-year spending chart.

The FedEx Corporation reported spending $3,271,984 during the first quarter, up slightly from the $3,165,090 reported for the fourth quarter of 2013. FedEx also lobbied on the immigration issue in the first quarter. During 2013, the company spent $12,200,912. View multi-year spending chart.
UPS, FedEx Spend Over $3 million on Lobbying in 2014 Q1 | Political MoneyLine Blog

More recent update looks like they are busy.

It's expensive defending yourself from Leviathan.

passed in 2006 where they are forced to pay for benefits/retirement 75 years in advance by 2016. Still with me? Ok, that is prepay for people who aren't even born yet. That's not even touching the 40 year accounting error by the Office of Personnel Management. That right there is $80 billion and should be returned.

Further, the USPS is more cost efficient, produces a profit, and has a protection that the other businesses do not provide.

This is the process of destroying good paying middle class jobs to the eight and change jobs.

You tried that already.

No one believes your lies. (Or rather, the lies of your union.)

They're not - she's directly lying.

They are ACCRUING for benefits, which every business in the nation has to do. The USPS was forced to recognize a long-term liability, just like FedEx and UPS already had to do.

You're a fucking idiot, and a liar.

You have no grasp of accounting principles. Carrying long term liability on the balance sheet isn't a cash out of pocket issue.

ALL companies have to recognize long term liability on the P&L - your union didn't bother to explain that to you, did they?

How much is needed to fund their future liabilities? Spell it out.

History: How the Postal Service began prefunding retiree health care and fell into a deep hole | Save the Post Office

Fer christs sake, that women has waited 7 hours to get her license, get off your ass and help her....

Two of the largest courier and shipping services have reported spending more than $3 million on lobbying the federal government during the first quarter.

Both companies reported spending more than a million a month on lobbying legislation and regulations dealing with fuel taxes, trade, pensions, Department of Defense appropriations, security, healthcare, pharmaceutical distribution, and postal reform.

The United Parcel Service company reported spending $3,044,992 during the first quarter, up from reporting $1,561,4140 during the fourth quarter of 2013. During the quarter the company also lobbied on the minimum wage issue. During 2013, the company reported spending $5.6 million. A company spokesperson stated there were no new projects or programs in the first quarter, but there were accounting changes and once a year compensation calculations. View multi-year spending chart.

The FedEx Corporation reported spending $3,271,984 during the first quarter, up slightly from the $3,165,090 reported for the fourth quarter of 2013. FedEx also lobbied on the immigration issue in the first quarter. During 2013, the company spent $12,200,912. View multi-year spending chart.
UPS, FedEx Spend Over $3 million on Lobbying in 2014 Q1 | Political MoneyLine Blog

So, we can put you down on record that you are in favor of purchasing legislation and elected officials. Good to know.

So, we can put you down on record that you are in favor of purchasing legislation and elected officials. Good to know.

If you can spend millions to keep the government from destroying your company, you're living in the world the big government liberals built.

If you can spend millions to keep the government from destroying your company, you're living in the world the big government liberals built.

Yep, so you are all about keeping the money in politics. Who'd a thunk guessing by your name, hey?

Last edited:
The USPS is basically a tax payer subsidized junk mail delivery firm.

Deal with it.

'Cept your tax dollars only go to election materials sent to those with disabilities and over seas. Hasn't since 1971. Thanks for playing, genius.

Yep, so you are all about keeping the money in politics. Who'd a thunk guessing by your name, hey?

The only way to get money out of politics is to shrink government spending to about 5% of GDP.

I'm game, how about you?

The only way to get money out of politics is to shrink government spending to about 5% of GDP.

I'm game, how about you?

So, now that we know that you are all about keeping the money in politics. Do I put you down that you are ok peachy keen for buying judges as well. It's all about your fighting the Leviathan. amiright?

I'm game, how about you?

So, now that we know that you are all about keeping the money in politics. Do I put you down that you are ok peachy keen for buying judges as well. It's all about your fighting the Leviathan. amiright?

I'm game, how about you?

I'm game, how about you?

I'm game, how about you?
That would be good for business and creating good jobs in the private sector. Some lefties would see the light and join the business workaday world. Others would just have to go to work and learn how to make a living by working for somebody else, who does all their thinking.

It sounds like a winner to me, Toddsterpatriot.

Because if government got manageable again, revenues would take a sharp turn upward. :)

I'm game, how about you?

I'm game, how about you?

Not like that. I am not down with purchasing politicians and legislation. Not cool. They have places for people like you. Somalia.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back