Boycott BP

If that spill had been caused by Pakistani terrorists, and not by BP's fuck-ups, we'd be at WAR.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDkYgd7JgFE]YouTube - Remember Remember The 5th of November[/ame]

I don't know how to go about seeking vengence on BP for desecration of the Gulf. I am beside myself. My best friend #3 was going to St. George Island with her family for Mother's Day this weekend. But they will probably cancel because the oil slick will have reached those sugary sand beaches by then.

About a month after the ocean's shores have been befouled, the inland waterways will begin showing the devasation. The Wakulla River, where my kidlet taught me to canoe. The St. John's River, where we hung out in a biker bar in St. Mark's on Fridays after work, eating broiled shrimp and drinking cheap beer, just watching the Earth do it's thing.

Eventually the oil will travel the underground and above-ground aquifer to every Florida body of water, including the beleagered Everglades...a natural phenomena unparrelled on Planet Earth and precious not only to Florida, but to the entire Planet for the role it plays in our wildlife, ecosystem and so on.

Death would not be too severe a punishment for BP's CEO, as I see it.

Don't buy BP gasoline!​

Try to boycott, especially if you are purchasing large quantities for a commercial trucking, farming or airline business.

I welcome any additional ideas on how to afflict BP.

I am just heart broken. I cannot tell you what this preventable insult to the Earth will be like for all of Florida, and beyond.

Yea, lets all boycott BP and just buy all our oil and fuel from other companies that get their oil by drilling for it. That'll show the BIG OIL industry! :cuckoo:

And then, BP can put their prices up to try and recoup some of their losses and the other big bad oil companies will follow suit because it'll mean even bigger profits for them. hey presto, we lose... again.

Boycott. Don't boycott. Ain't gonna make a damn's worth of difference.

It is odd that no journalists seem to be asking that kind of question.

Maybe I'll ask the environmental researchers whether they've been approached by journalists about it. Be interesting to know.... because they are the source that the journalists would go to.

Is this it?

Transocean :: Deepwater Horizon

Nope...interesting close up of the rig but the big whoop everyone seems to be interested in is who is respnsible for what...when the lease was leased...who signed off on the drill... When the rig was placed...and when actual drilling began..Knowing those fascts makes all this hand wringing in whatever direction you wring your hands alot more credible.

I've put a list of questions, including these, up on my source site.

Now, we need to face reality. As long as we are addicted to oil, we will have to drill offshore.
Of course we do. But we don't have to allow crappy British companies to do it.

We are NOT addicted to OIL...we are addicted to ENERGY. Christ, BP and Exxon make even nuclear power plants look like good ideas.

The end-user does not control the production or distillation of energy. The crappiness of BP is equalled by the crappiness of all of Big Oil.

And BTW if we'd force ourselves off the tit, we could bring home American military from the Middle East. Who'd give a fuck about Iraq if it had no oil? We aren't battling it out in Somalia now are we?

Wind, water, solar, Alaskan Oil, and nuclear...and kick these motherfuckers to the CURB like we should have done FORTY years ago. And Big Coal can fucking die off too.

Last edited:
Now, we need to face reality. As long as we are addicted to oil, we will have to drill offshore.
Of course we do. But we don't have to allow crappy British companies to do it.

We are NOT addicted to OIL...we are addicted to ENERGY. Christ, BP and Exxon make even nuclear power plants look like good ideas.

The end-user does not control the production or distillation of energy. The crappiness of BP is equalled by the crappiness of all of Big Oil.

And BTW if we'd force ourselves off the tit, we could bring home American military from the Middle East. Who'd give a fuck about Iraq if it had no oil? We aren't battling it out in Somalia now are we?

Wind, water, solar, Alaskan Oil, and nuclear...and kick these motherfuckers to the CURB like we should have done FORTY years ago. And Big Coal can fucking die off too.

Why we gotta give up the fun bags?:eek:

SHow me another oil company with as many violations as BP. This is Big OIl's fault, its BP's.

Shell.
Total.
Chevron.
Maersk.

2005/07 Offshore Safety Breaches.

17/03/2005 / Shell / Inde 49/24J / failed to maintain a safe place of work
22/3/2005 / Petrofac / Kittiwake / no effective system to manage safety maintenance
24/3/2005 / Shell / Inde 49/24J / failure to maintain installation integrity
1/4/2005 / Rowan / Rowan Gorilla VII / ineffective safety verification scheme
1/4/2005 / Expro / Rowan Gorilla VII / failure to inspect safety equipment
2/6/2005 / Nexen / Scott Field / failure to test emergency shutdown and fire fighting systems
20/6/2005 / Shell / Gannet A / faulty emergency doors
26/10/2005 / Apache / Forties C / safety inspections not carried out
8/5/2006 / Aker Kvaerner / AH001 / faulty fire damper system
3/7/2006 / Total / Elgin Franklin / failure to maintain safety critical equipment
26/7/2006 / Shell / Brent Bravo / failure to keep oil pipework in good repair
3/10/2006 / Chevron / Captain FPSO / defective valves
11/10/2006 / Maersk/ Curlew / failure to maintain installation integrity
30/11/2006 / Shell / Sole Pit Clipper / safety equipment in poor working order
20/12/2006 / BP / Schiehallion FPSO / failure to properly plug a leak
21/1/2007 / Total / Dunbar / failure to maintain fire damper system
12/2/2007 / Shell / Clipper 48/19A / excessive backlog of safety maintenance
30/10/2007 / Maersk / Janice A / failure to control the risk of leakage

Last edited:
The first thing you idiots need to understand is you all don't have a fucking clue as to what your discussing. Assigning blame for this and that is STUPID because NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU is in possession of all of the facts. You all post here like you know what's going on with this rig and you all DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!!!!!!!

Why don't ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP UNTIL THE FACTS COME OUT!!!!

The first thing you idiots need to understand is you all don't have a fucking clue as to what your discussing. Assigning blame for this and that is STUPID because NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU is in possession of all of the facts. You all post here like you know what's going on with this rig and you all DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!!!!!!!

Hey calm down there buddy, you might have a blowout!

Hey calm down there buddy, you might have a blowout!

I think we should boycott spidermantubby...... Seriously he is useless to the core..

Last edited:
How many felonies does Shell have?

Not defending them, they suck, too.

I am not spoon feeding you. I found the info. You go find it. It won't help your stance though.

My bad. I forget you don't need evidence.

Why do you always misrepresent others?

You constantly ask other people to provide you with evidence for everything. Now you make a comment about any company having a worse record than BP. I give those companies and now you start asking about felonies.

What a fucking idiot you are. You got called on your crap about BP. Why don't you show me evidence that BP are the worst offender. And that does not mean a media report that refers to them as the worst offender..... I want the list of oil companies around the world and their safety records. Show me that BP is the worst.

You constantly ask other people to provide you with evidence for everything. Now you make a comment about any company having a worse record than BP. I give those companies and now you start asking about felonies.

BP is a felon. If another company isn't a felon, obviously, they aren't as bad as BP.

Why don't you show me evidence that BP are the worst offender.
I've already shown you they are felons. Any other oil companies that are felons?

Forum List

Back