Boycott BP

Boycotting a company that you're expecting to pay for a clean up and compensation. Yep. That's liberal logic. Fucking non-existent.

Is Madeline a liberal? You coulda fooled me.

You're quite right, Mags. She's not a liberal.... And I should have said 'Leftist' logic. I like liberals - it is the rabid leftists I have a low tolerance of.

I don't think Madeline is a leftist or a liberal. She just dumb.

can someone point me to the finding that bp was found to be negligent in the drilling and opperating of the well and it was soley their actions that lead to this spill......

seems they have been found guilty without any credible proof of negligence....

From what I'm hearing today, it's quite possible that BP would ultimately be able to turn around and sue a few subcontractors, since exactly WHERE "negligence" took place is still very much in question.

I don't know how to go about seeking vengence on BP for desecration of the Gulf. I am beside myself. My best friend #3 was going to St. George Island with her family for Mother's Day this weekend. But they will probably cancel because the oil slick will have reached those sugary sand beaches by then.

About a month after the ocean's shores have been befouled, the inland waterways will begin showing the devasation. The Wakulla River, where my kidlet taught me to canoe. The St. John's River, where we hung out in a biker bar in St. Mark's on Fridays after work, eating broiled shrimp and drinking cheap beer, just watching the Earth do it's thing.

Eventually the oil will travel the underground and above-ground aquifer to every Florida body of water, including the beleagered Everglades...a natural phenomena unparrelled on Planet Earth and precious not only to Florida, but to the entire Planet for the role it plays in our wildlife, ecosystem and so on.

Death would not be too severe a punishment for BP's CEO, as I see it.

Don't buy BP gasoline!​

Try to boycott, especially if you are purchasing large quantities for a commercial trucking, farming or airline business.

I welcome any additional ideas on how to afflict BP.

I am just heart broken. I cannot tell you what this preventable insult to the Earth will be like for all of Florida, and beyond.

YouTube - Jimmy Buffett save the manatee
+1

Death? Maybe too much. I'd be satisfied with making him bath in oil for a few months - and taking everything he owns.

Your fellow idiot, Madeline, is calling for the death of a CEO of a company that had an accident...and you show what a hypocrite you are with your moronic signature....GOP = The Violence Party

Has the GOP ever called for someone's death over an accident ?...

Ahhh haaaa! Now I see where the stupidity comes from. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Cuz newspapers are always 100% accurate. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

*Note to self: Call Mom and thank her for teaching me the ability to think for myself.*

BP's Oil, Transoceans platform, US Governments consent, the states bent over backwards to help BP, each and every American uses the products of the oil industry and refuse to cut their consumption.

Fuck you. We are all responsible, including those who are probably going to lose their livelihoods. Idiot.

Culpability may lie elsewhere, you baggy ****. But it is gonna to lie FIRST on BP's executives.

I'm not surprised you need to call your Mommy. Tell her someone is being mean to you, and remember, you nasty case of ****-grease, that Sunday is Mother's Day.

Mebbe she can teach you some fucking manners too, on a remedial ed program.

Some issues are more important than your narcissistic, neurotic need to attempt to goad me, you snail slime trail-blazer, California Girl.

821155_3bf4_sqr.jpg

You are a fine one to lecture on manners, you fucking freak.

I prefer to judge on facts, not hysterical whining and the bullshit in the media. It's not my fault you're stupid so name-calling won't change the fact. You're a ranting idiot and I am not. Live with it.

However, your posts do disprove one old wife's tale "With age comes wisdom".... clearly not.

Wisdom DOES come with age, which is why either this woman is not "old" (not even mature), or is most likely a troll who has been kicked off numerous message boards. Unfortunately, she found us. You think she's a liberal, but sometimes a moron is just a moron. I seriously doubt it's even a female, judging from the language construct.

Your fellow idiot, Madeline, is calling for the death of a CEO of a company that had an accident...and you show what a hypocrite you are with your moronic signature....GOP = The Violence Party

LOL! Understatement of the century. BP has a history of disregarding and violating regulations. This was bound to happen eventually, its no accident.

BP paid the two largest fines in OSHA history -- $87.43 million and $21.36 million -- for willful negligence that led to the deaths of 15 workers and injured 170 others in a March 2005 refinery explosion in Texas. In September 2005, OSHA cited BP for 296 "Egregious Willful Violations" and other violations associated with the explosion, fining BP $21.36 million and entering into a settlement agreement under which BP agreed to corrective actions to eliminate hazards similar to those that caused the explosion. In October 2009, OSHA determined that BP was in non-compliance with the settlement agreement, finding 270 "notifications of failure to abate" and 439 new willful violations, resulting in the $87.43 million fine.

The U.S. Chemical Safety & Hazard Investigation Board concluded in 2007 that "The Texas City disaster was caused by organizational and safety deficiencies at all levels of the BP Corporation. Warning signs of a possible disaster were present for several years, but company officials did not intervene effectively to prevent it." This followed an August 2004 OSHA fine against BP for $63,000 for violations at the same facility. In December 2009, a Texas jury returned a $100 million award against BP on behalf of workers injured in 2007 at the Texas city refinery while making repairs after the 2005 blast.

Just last month, BP paid $3 million fine to OSHA for 42 willful safety violations at one of its refineries in Ohio. This follows a $2.4 million fine BP paid for safety & health violations at this refinery in April 2006.

In September 2001, OSHA fined BP $141,000 after an explosion killed 3 workers at BPs Clanton Road facility.

In October 2007, the Minerals Management Service fined BP $41,000 for various safety violations.

In October 2006, the Minerals Management Service fined BP $25,000 because "operations were not performed in a safe and workmanlike manner. While making an assessment of the unsafe conditions on the platform that needed repairing, the construction crew did not barricade a 3'4″ x 3'4″ opening in the stairway landing. Later, one of the crew members was injured when he fell through the open hole approximately 20′ and into the Gulf of Mexico."

In July 2004, BP paid a $190,000 penalty to MMS for safety violations that resulted in a fire.

In February 2004, MMS fined BP $25,000 because "The Rig's Gas Detection System was bypassed with ongoing drilling operations being conducted."

In November 2003, MMS fined BP $25,000 for violations that resulted in an oil rig crane falling into the Gulf of Mexico.

In July 2003, MMS fined BP $20,000 because a subsurface safety valve was "blocked out of service."

In January 2003, BP was fined $70,000 by MMS for a faulty fire water system. Also that month, BP was fined $80,000 by MMS for bypassing "Relays for the Pressure Safety High/Low for four producing wells."

In January 2002, MMS fined BP $20,000 for a safety violation.

In May 2002, MMS fined BP $23,000 for a workplace safety violation that resulted in a worker having his hand injured from an electrical shock.

In September 2002, MMS fined BP $39,000 for missing 13 monthly tests of an "oil low level sensor."

In February 2001, MMS fined BP $20,000 for workplace violations resulting in serious injury to an employee.

Environmental Violations: $153 Million in Penalties/Settlements, Plus a Guilty Plea to an Environmental Felony and One Criminal Misdemeanor

In October 2007, BP agreed to pay a $50 million fine and plead guilty to a felony violation of the Clean Air Act and will serve three years of probation for the Texas City refinery explosion. Additionally, the EPA required BP to pay $785,662 to resolve Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act violations at its Texas City refinery in March 2009. In 2006, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality fined BP $130,625 for unlawful releases of harmful pollutants at its Texas City refinery.

In October 2007, BP pled guilty to one misdemeanor of the Clean Water Act, agreed to serve three years probation, pay $4 million to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation to support research and activities on the North Slope, pay $4 million in restitution to the State of Alaska and a $12 million fine for spilling 200,000 gallons of crude oil onto the Alaskan tundra in March 2006. Investigators determined that the leak was caused by a buildup of sediment in the pipe and that BP failed to properly inspect or clean the pipeline, which is required by law to prevent pipeline corrosion. The investigation revealed that, in 2004, the company became aware of increased corrosion in the pipeline. In March 2009, the Department of Justice filed a civil lawsuit against BP for failing "to comply in a timely manner with a Corrective Action Order" involving this oil spill.

In May 2002, the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation required BP to pay a $150,000 fine for pipeline leaks.

In February 2009, BP paid a $12 million civil penalty for "noncompliance with a 2001 consent decree and Clean Air Act regulations requiring strict controls on benzene . . . generated during petroleum refining" at BPs Texas City refinery.

In March 2005, the South Coast Air Quality Management District forced BP to pay a $25 million penalty and $6 million in past emissions fees for air quality rule violations at BPs Carson refinery.

In October 2006, BP paid a civil penalty of $900,000 for producing and distributing gasoline that failed to meet Clean Air Act standards.

In October 2007, BP paid a $6,350 fine for failing to perform adequate corrosion protection inspections at three underground gasoline storage tanks. In June 2007, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality fined BP $869,150 for leaking underground gasoline storage tanks.

In May 2005, BP paid a $58,687 fine to settle allegations it violated the Clean Air Act at its Whiting, Indiana refinery. In November 2007, the EPA cited BP for numerous Clean Air Act violations at its Whiting facility and amended this notice of violation in October 2008. In June 2009, the EPA revived additional allegations of Clean Air Act violations at the same refinery.

In June 2005, BP paid a civil penalty of $115,138 for violations of the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and Oil Pollution Act on the Lander and Winkleman Dome Oil Fields in Fremont County, Wyoming within the boundaries of the Wind River Indian Reservation of the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho Tribes.

In August 2005, BP paid a civil penalty of $28,360 for violating EPA's gasoline detergent additive regulations.

In February 2000, BP paid $22 million to settle criminal and civil charges arising from illegally discharged waste oil and hazardous substances at the company's North Slope drilling operations. BP was also placed on 5-year probation and was required "to establish a nationwide environmental management system designed to prevent future violations."

In February 1995, BP paid $3.9 million to settle charges related to a tanker accident that spilled 400,000 gallons of oil into California's coastal waters.

In March 1999, BP paid $1.75 million to settle allegations it violated the Clean Air Act at its Toledo, Ohio refinery.

In January 2001, BP paid $10 million to resolve allegations it violated the Clean Air Act at 8 of its refineries.

BP was one of several oil companies found to have contaminated drinking water with MTBE. The companies collectively were required to pay $423,963,564.67 in March 2008. It is unknown what share of this settlement BP was required to pay.

Price-Gouging Consumers/Taxpayers: $363 million in Penalties/Settlements

In October 2007, BP paid $303 million to settle allegations it manipulated the US propane market. The feds might still be investigating BPs broader role in manipulating crude oil markets: in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2007, BP revealed that "The US Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the US Department of Justice are currently investigating various aspects of BP's commodity trading activities, including crude oil trading and storage activities, in the US since 1999."

In two separate actions, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission fined BP a total of $21 million for manipulating the California electricity market, Enron-style.

In October 2007, FERC ordered BP to pay a $7 million civil penalty for engaging in anti-competitive practices with its operation of natural gas pipelines.

In April 2000, the Department of Justice forced BP to pay $32 million "to resolve claims under the False Claims Act and administrative claims that the corporation underpaid royalties due for oil produced on federal and Indian leases since 1988."

BP legally escaped paying $172,508,633 in royalties to US taxpayers on leases it operates in the Gulf of Mexico.

In July 1997, BP's oil traders were found to have colluded with two other firms to fix the price of commissions

Tyson Slocum, "BP: The Worst Safety and Environmental Record of All Oil Companies Operating in the United States"

You are a fine one to lecture on manners, you fucking freak.

I prefer to judge on facts, not hysterical whining and the bullshit in the media. It's not my fault you're stupid so name-calling won't change the fact. You're a ranting idiot and I am not. Live with it.

However, your posts do disprove one old wife's tale "With age comes wisdom".... clearly not.

Join this topic of conversation of go fuck yourself, CaliforniaGirl. No one asked you to opine on my freaking manners...the Op is "Boycott BP", not attempt to pee in my Wheaties.

I think you need more help than a call to Mommy is likely to raise, you infected pus-filled ****.

Go seep elsewhere.

On topic: Anyone who thinks that BP should be boycotted has an IQ smaller than their shoe size.

Off Topic: The old adage 'with age comes wisdom' is definitely not accurate.

Fuck you, you stupid blind bitch.

Hey CA, did you ever think anyone could top Biker Dude?

I don't know how to go about seeking vengence on BP for desecration of the Gulf. I am beside myself. My best friend #3 was going to St. George Island with her family for Mother's Day this weekend. But they will probably cancel because the oil slick will have reached those sugary sand beaches by then.

About a month after the ocean's shores have been befouled, the inland waterways will begin showing the devasation. The Wakulla River, where my kidlet taught me to canoe. The St. John's River, where we hung out in a biker bar in St. Mark's on Fridays after work, eating broiled shrimp and drinking cheap beer, just watching the Earth do it's thing.

Eventually the oil will travel the underground and above-ground aquifer to every Florida body of water, including the beleagered Everglades...a natural phenomena unparrelled on Planet Earth and precious not only to Florida, but to the entire Planet for the role it plays in our wildlife, ecosystem and so on.

Don't buy BP gasoline!​

Try to boycott, especially if you are purchasing large quantities for a commercial trucking, farming or airline business.

I am just heart broken. I cannot tell you what this preventable insult to the Earth will be like for all of Florida, and beyond.

Having lived in Tampa, Orange Park and Jacksonville, I certainly feel your outrage at the carelessness that was in play before this disaster took place and the loss of these natural treasures. So what should we do with the Obama Administration since they accepted the campaign contributions of BP then granted them exemptions from safety standards that would have prevented this catastrophe?

washingtonpost.com

BP: Recipients | OpenSecrets

Certainly BP is guilty of buying off our president, but our president is also guilty of willingly being bought off. Personally, I think I'll continue to buy BP products and boycott the corrupt Obama Administration that gave BP an exemption to safety standards.

Blah blah blah...been hashed and rehashed for days now. Campaign contributions have zero to do with this accident. None, nada, zip.

Join this topic of conversation of go fuck yourself, CaliforniaGirl. No one asked you to opine on my freaking manners...the Op is "Boycott BP", not attempt to pee in my Wheaties.

I think you need more help than a call to Mommy is likely to raise, you infected pus-filled ****.

Go seep elsewhere.

On topic: Anyone who thinks that BP should be boycotted has an IQ smaller than their shoe size.

Off Topic: The old adage 'with age comes wisdom' is definitely not accurate.

Fuck you, you stupid blind bitch.

Hey CA, did you ever think anyone could top Biker Dude?

I never thought we'd be unfortunate enough to have two JenyE's. :lol::lol::lol: Gunny lets anyone on his board - which is great but there's a price that we all pay. :lol:

Don't buy BP gasoline!​

Having lived in Tampa, Orange Park and Jacksonville, I certainly feel your outrage at the carelessness that was in play before this disaster took place and the loss of these natural treasures. So what should we do with the Obama Administration since they accepted the campaign contributions of BP then granted them exemptions from safety standards that would have prevented this catastrophe?

washingtonpost.com

Certainly BP is guilty of buying off our president, but our president is also guilty of willingly being bought off. Personally, I think I'll continue to buy BP products and boycott the corrupt Obama Administration that gave BP an exemption to safety standards.

Blah blah blah...been hashed and rehashed for days now. Campaign contributions have zero to do with this accident. None, nada, zip.

That's absolutely true. Campaign contributions are nothing to do with this. But.... Obama signed off on the drilling - and he did not regulate the industry prior to sign off. He's as responsible as BP, Transocean, the states and the American people who want cheap gas.

LOL! Understatement of the century. BP has a history of disregarding and violating regulations. This was bound to happen eventually, its no accident.

BP paid the two largest fines in OSHA history -- $87.43 million and $21.36 million -- for willful negligence that led to the deaths of 15 workers and injured 170 others in a March 2005 refinery explosion in Texas. In September 2005, OSHA cited BP for 296 "Egregious Willful Violations" and other violations associated with the explosion, fining BP $21.36 million and entering into a settlement agreement under which BP agreed to corrective actions to eliminate hazards similar to those that caused the explosion. In October 2009, OSHA determined that BP was in non-compliance with the settlement agreement, finding 270 "notifications of failure to abate" and 439 new willful violations, resulting in the $87.43 million fine.

The U.S. Chemical Safety & Hazard Investigation Board concluded in 2007 that "The Texas City disaster was caused by organizational and safety deficiencies at all levels of the BP Corporation. Warning signs of a possible disaster were present for several years, but company officials did not intervene effectively to prevent it." This followed an August 2004 OSHA fine against BP for $63,000 for violations at the same facility. In December 2009, a Texas jury returned a $100 million award against BP on behalf of workers injured in 2007 at the Texas city refinery while making repairs after the 2005 blast.

Just last month, BP paid $3 million fine to OSHA for 42 willful safety violations at one of its refineries in Ohio. This follows a $2.4 million fine BP paid for safety & health violations at this refinery in April 2006.

In September 2001, OSHA fined BP $141,000 after an explosion killed 3 workers at BPs Clanton Road facility.

In October 2007, the Minerals Management Service fined BP $41,000 for various safety violations.

In October 2006, the Minerals Management Service fined BP $25,000 because "operations were not performed in a safe and workmanlike manner. While making an assessment of the unsafe conditions on the platform that needed repairing, the construction crew did not barricade a 3'4″ x 3'4″ opening in the stairway landing. Later, one of the crew members was injured when he fell through the open hole approximately 20′ and into the Gulf of Mexico."

In July 2004, BP paid a $190,000 penalty to MMS for safety violations that resulted in a fire.

In February 2004, MMS fined BP $25,000 because "The Rig's Gas Detection System was bypassed with ongoing drilling operations being conducted."

In November 2003, MMS fined BP $25,000 for violations that resulted in an oil rig crane falling into the Gulf of Mexico.

In July 2003, MMS fined BP $20,000 because a subsurface safety valve was "blocked out of service."

In January 2003, BP was fined $70,000 by MMS for a faulty fire water system. Also that month, BP was fined $80,000 by MMS for bypassing "Relays for the Pressure Safety High/Low for four producing wells."

In January 2002, MMS fined BP $20,000 for a safety violation.

In May 2002, MMS fined BP $23,000 for a workplace safety violation that resulted in a worker having his hand injured from an electrical shock.

In September 2002, MMS fined BP $39,000 for missing 13 monthly tests of an "oil low level sensor."

In February 2001, MMS fined BP $20,000 for workplace violations resulting in serious injury to an employee.

Environmental Violations: $153 Million in Penalties/Settlements, Plus a Guilty Plea to an Environmental Felony and One Criminal Misdemeanor

In October 2007, BP agreed to pay a $50 million fine and plead guilty to a felony violation of the Clean Air Act and will serve three years of probation for the Texas City refinery explosion. Additionally, the EPA required BP to pay $785,662 to resolve Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act violations at its Texas City refinery in March 2009. In 2006, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality fined BP $130,625 for unlawful releases of harmful pollutants at its Texas City refinery.

In October 2007, BP pled guilty to one misdemeanor of the Clean Water Act, agreed to serve three years probation, pay $4 million to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation to support research and activities on the North Slope, pay $4 million in restitution to the State of Alaska and a $12 million fine for spilling 200,000 gallons of crude oil onto the Alaskan tundra in March 2006. Investigators determined that the leak was caused by a buildup of sediment in the pipe and that BP failed to properly inspect or clean the pipeline, which is required by law to prevent pipeline corrosion. The investigation revealed that, in 2004, the company became aware of increased corrosion in the pipeline. In March 2009, the Department of Justice filed a civil lawsuit against BP for failing "to comply in a timely manner with a Corrective Action Order" involving this oil spill.

In May 2002, the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation required BP to pay a $150,000 fine for pipeline leaks.

In February 2009, BP paid a $12 million civil penalty for "noncompliance with a 2001 consent decree and Clean Air Act regulations requiring strict controls on benzene . . . generated during petroleum refining" at BPs Texas City refinery.

In March 2005, the South Coast Air Quality Management District forced BP to pay a $25 million penalty and $6 million in past emissions fees for air quality rule violations at BPs Carson refinery.

In October 2006, BP paid a civil penalty of $900,000 for producing and distributing gasoline that failed to meet Clean Air Act standards.

In October 2007, BP paid a $6,350 fine for failing to perform adequate corrosion protection inspections at three underground gasoline storage tanks. In June 2007, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality fined BP $869,150 for leaking underground gasoline storage tanks.

In May 2005, BP paid a $58,687 fine to settle allegations it violated the Clean Air Act at its Whiting, Indiana refinery. In November 2007, the EPA cited BP for numerous Clean Air Act violations at its Whiting facility and amended this notice of violation in October 2008. In June 2009, the EPA revived additional allegations of Clean Air Act violations at the same refinery.

In June 2005, BP paid a civil penalty of $115,138 for violations of the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and Oil Pollution Act on the Lander and Winkleman Dome Oil Fields in Fremont County, Wyoming within the boundaries of the Wind River Indian Reservation of the Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho Tribes.

In August 2005, BP paid a civil penalty of $28,360 for violating EPA's gasoline detergent additive regulations.

In February 2000, BP paid $22 million to settle criminal and civil charges arising from illegally discharged waste oil and hazardous substances at the company's North Slope drilling operations. BP was also placed on 5-year probation and was required "to establish a nationwide environmental management system designed to prevent future violations."

In February 1995, BP paid $3.9 million to settle charges related to a tanker accident that spilled 400,000 gallons of oil into California's coastal waters.

In March 1999, BP paid $1.75 million to settle allegations it violated the Clean Air Act at its Toledo, Ohio refinery.

In January 2001, BP paid $10 million to resolve allegations it violated the Clean Air Act at 8 of its refineries.

BP was one of several oil companies found to have contaminated drinking water with MTBE. The companies collectively were required to pay $423,963,564.67 in March 2008. It is unknown what share of this settlement BP was required to pay.

Price-Gouging Consumers/Taxpayers: $363 million in Penalties/Settlements

In October 2007, BP paid $303 million to settle allegations it manipulated the US propane market. The feds might still be investigating BPs broader role in manipulating crude oil markets: in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2007, BP revealed that "The US Commodity Futures Trading Commission and the US Department of Justice are currently investigating various aspects of BP's commodity trading activities, including crude oil trading and storage activities, in the US since 1999."

In two separate actions, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission fined BP a total of $21 million for manipulating the California electricity market, Enron-style.

In October 2007, FERC ordered BP to pay a $7 million civil penalty for engaging in anti-competitive practices with its operation of natural gas pipelines.

In April 2000, the Department of Justice forced BP to pay $32 million "to resolve claims under the False Claims Act and administrative claims that the corporation underpaid royalties due for oil produced on federal and Indian leases since 1988."

BP legally escaped paying $172,508,633 in royalties to US taxpayers on leases it operates in the Gulf of Mexico.

In July 1997, BP's oil traders were found to have colluded with two other firms to fix the price of commissions

Tyson Slocum, "BP: The Worst Safety and Environmental Record of All Oil Companies Operating in the United States"

For the terminally stupid such as yourself....this is called ENFORCING EXISTING REGULATIONS....why do you insist on having more....... that will solve nothing!!!

washingtonpost.com

That's absolutely true. Campaign contributions are nothing to do with this. But.... Obama signed off on the drilling - and he did not regulate the industry prior to sign off. He's as responsible as BP, Transocean, the states and the American people who want cheap gas.

I'll buy that. According to the left wingers anything that happens on the Presidents watch is his fault....This whole spill is Obama's fault because he didn't put another 100,000 pages of regulations on the industry.

For the terminally stupid such as yourself....this is called ENFORCING EXISTING REGULATIONS....why do you insist on having more....... that will solve nothing!!!

How do you know?

How do you know?

Uhh, OK. That didn't really answer my question, you pretty much just repeated what I said. In fact that's exactly what you did. Does the staff know you've escaped again?

You said additional regulation would solve nothing. How do you now this?

and I asked you how will piling on more regulation have prevented this spill....or are you too intellectually challenged to make a coherent argument in your own favor....I used your source to PROVE MY CONSENSUS that existing regulations are satisfactory according to the Dept. of the Interior....

Now debate your side or SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!

Forum List

Back