CDZ Boy Scouts apologize for insertion of political rhetoric into boy scout jamoree

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by jillian, Jul 27, 2017.

1. OldLady

OldLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,457
    Not horrible, not "inappropriate" as in flashing or cussing, just that he gave a "political" speech to a bunch of 12-15 year olds. A lot of them like him and were very proud he came to see them, and that's good, that's as it should be. The fact that it's kind of like a Christmas present switch up where you get Uncle Harvey's ear muffs and he gets your WalMart gift card, oh well, not the end of the world.

2. iamwhatiseem

iamwhatiseem Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,855
    Hmm....here, watch this...I don't understand...you can hear a lot of cheering/whistling/applauding...I didn't hear a single jeer...boo...awkward silence...they seem to enjoy it just fine.

So...it couldn't be that a bunch of whiney parents complained eh?

3. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,897
    Anyone ever consider that this function of the Jamboree was a scheduled event and the scouts were REQUIRED to be there? I was in scouts, and I can tell you that before an event like this, the scout masters would tell the troop what would be considered appropriate and inappropriate behavior.

Same thing happens when he's giving a speech in front of the military. Term for it in the military is "mandatory fun".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. G.T.

G.T. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +38,355
    Thats hilarious