Boooooosh

The OP suggests Obama is Bush III.
RWers consider Obama to be generally the worse thing since Hitler.
Bush, however, many of them claim that they'd vote for him again today.
You do the math.

The OP points out that there are Democrats who suggest Obama is Bush III.

The OP did not herself suggest that Obama is Bush III.

:thup:

Fair enough...are you arguing that no RWers have argued that Obama is just a Bush III?

I know i never have...can't think of anyone else either. But I don't know everybody either....

You do the math.

The OP points out that there are Democrats who suggest Obama is Bush III.

The OP did not herself suggest that Obama is Bush III.

:thup:

Fair enough...are you arguing that no RWers have argued that Obama is just a Bush III?

Some may have. I don't remember for sure. I don't think those who would call Obama "Bush III" would be inclined to vote for Bush again though. The Tea Party types who are most opposed to Romney, for example, were also fuming about Bush's big government ways and failure to do anything proactive in the anti-abortion and anti-gay-marriage fronts. Bush got the evangelical vote and then pretty much ignored them and they were not happy about it.

You might not have heard the rumbling during his second term. I did though.

So if they called Obama "Bush III", there wouldn't be hypocrisy there, because they wouldn't want to vote for Bush again anyway.

The hypocrisy would come with calling Obama "Bush III", and then getting behind Newt!

Last edited:
In foreign policy, Obama is doing what Booooosh SAID he would : humble diplomacy, getting out of Iraq...

This timeline to leave Iraq was set up by Bush. Obama wanted to keep them there longer, but since the leaders in Iraq wouldn't give our military amnesty in regards to Islamic laws, we had to bring them home. Obama gets no props from me.......

If everything is Bush's fault and Obama is Bush 3, then (leftist) logically . . . . everything is now Obama's fault.
That's different. Somehow. It just is.

When Bush carried out Bush policies, it was evil and horrid and made small puppies die of fright.

When Obama carries out Bush policies, it's good and righteous and holy and makes unicorns once again roam the meadows.

Right, USMB lefties?

I don't think anyone ever said Bush did no wrong....maybe i'm wrong?

You do the math.

LWers consider Bush to be generally the worse thing since Hitler.
Obama, however, many of them claim that they'd vote for him again today.
You do the math.

Some may have. I don't remember for sure. I don't think those who would call Obama "Bush III" would be inclined to vote for Bush again though. The Tea Party types who are most opposed to Romney, for example, were also fuming about Bush's big government ways and failure to do anything proactive in the anti-abortion and anti-gay-marriage fronts. Bush got the evangelical vote and then pretty much ignored them and they were not happy about it.

So if they called Obama "Bush III", there wouldn't be hypocrisy there, because they wouldn't want to vote for Bush again anyway.

The hypocrisy would come with calling Obama "Bush III", and then getting behind Newt!
Here's where you righties lose lefties like me.

You gave the palooka a SECOND term. He was ALREADY doing what you guys claim you didn't like in his second term...in his FIRST. We on the left were SCREAMING about it.

You, nor him, didn't listen.

I have a very difficult time believing you guys when you speak about this dissent you had for Bush during those years. I don't recall any righties complaining. In fact they joined in on the war-mongering and fear-mongering, calling others, people on the left like myself, un-patriotic for disagreeing with the President during a time of war.

I remember well, it was during the Bush Administration when my political side and interest awakened. I was living in NY at the time (pre and post 9/11), I saw rallies, I met activists...I remember the scare campaigns, the color codes, the mushroom clouds on every front page of the newspapers...the memories are quite clear to me.

Bush was THE WORST!! I will NEVER forget. Never!

Last edited:

You gave the palooka a SECOND term. He was ALREADY doing what you guys claim you didn't like in his second term...in his FIRST. We on the left were SCREAMING about it.

I have a very difficult time believe you guys when you speak about this dissent you had for Bush during those years.

I remember well, it was during the Bush Administration when my political side and interest awakened. I was living in NY at the time (pre and post 9/11), I saw rallies, I met activists...I remember the scare campaigns, the color codes, the mushroom clouds on every front page of the newspapers...the memories are quite clear to me.

I am reporting on dissent I heard. Not dissent I had. Grumbling I heard over right wing radio for example.

I personally liked Bush. I wished he had vetoed some spending bills, but I liked him. I gladly voted him a second term. In the 90's I was in danger of becoming a Democrat thanks to people like Gingrich and Hyde. But then Bush came along.

But that's another story. I was just addressing the point about rightwingers who would call Obama Bush III and then gladly vote for Bush. I don't know of any in that category. The rightwingers who consider Bush too close to Obama are looking at Romney leading in the polls now and are considering going third party and just handing Obama the White House again rather than compromise the way some of them did when they voted for McCain in 2008.

Last edited:

authentic-drama-queen1.jpg

Fineman is pretty much slamming Obama as Bush 3.

Must be pretty frustrating to be a Democrat who views Obama this way.

And again raises the question as to why the right doesn’t love Obama.

Whatever failings and similarities to GWH Obama may have, Supreme Court appointments aren’t one of them – thank goodness.

Its policy more then partisanship.

Which makes no sense since the policy is the same.

But then again you might think 25 trillion in debt an excess of a trillion in interest payments is the way to go.

Even if you dont the dem party does,.

And that was the GOP and Bush policy from 2001 to 2007 as well.

I have a very difficult time believing you guys when you speak about this dissent you had for Bush during those years. I don't recall any righties complaining. In fact they joined in on the war-mongering and fear-mongering, calling others, people on the left like myself, un-patriotic for disagreeing with the President during a time of war.

In 2004 it was a race between Bush and John Kerry....the TRAITOR. It wasn't a hard choice who to vote for. Many may not have really wanted Bush re-elected, but the other choice was worse!

[

When Obama listens to his military leaders on the ground and comes relatively close to doing what they recommend, I don't object.

The problem is that doesn't happen often enough.

It's called 'reading.' You should check it out some time. The funny thing about news is how often it's in the news.

Forum List

Back