Boomer Mania

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
I ran across this....was amused at how lame this sounded to me. I don't do any of the things listed..not a one?

I am not a boomer but…I have only been to the mall 3 times in the last year. Once to meet friends for lunch. Once to pick up an online order from Macy’s/JCPenny and once to buy Christmas gifts at Bath and Body Works and Miss A. Prior to my kids moving out they were the only reason I ever shopped the Mall. And really most people I’ve seen loitering at the Mall are Millennials and Gen Z.

Your list is kind of dumb.

As a Boomer……Things I hate about the new generation

Tattoos and piercings
Shorts below the knees
Infatuation with video games
Your music sucks
Houses with all walls, cabinets, trim…White
Baseball caps with a flat brim

Last edited:
My mother ( who recently passed) was a boomer. Had a cell phone. Communicated via text complete with emoji’s. Shopped at Walmart/Target and rarely went to the mall. Never watched online shopping channels or 24/7 news programs and never used fuzzy toilet seat covers.

I am not a boomer but…I have only been to the mall 3 times in the last year. Once to meet friends for lunch. Once to pick up an online order from Macy’s/JCPenny and once to buy Christmas gifts at Bath and Body Works and Miss A. Prior to my kids moving out they were the only reason I ever shopped the Mall. And really most people I’ve seen loitering at the Mall are Millennials and Gen Z.

Your list is kind of dumb.

I go to JCP Big and Tall for clothes. I like to hit the close out racks too. I like to see what I am getting.
I use my rewards points. Don't want the hassle of online ordering etc. returns....UGH.

I ran across this....was amused at how lame this sounded to me. I don't do any of the things listed..not a one?

Whoever made the list was pretty lazy in characterizing Boomers

Word art, fuzzy toilet seats and ironing creases in pants are hardly defining of a generation

I am a early Gen X, just past the Boomer 2s.
I don't fit with my generation, never did. I abhor the 80s, I believe that is one of this nations worst decades on almost every level. It is when widespread narcissism really took hold. Materialism/Consumerism/Debt as Income, high divorce rates, modern feminism and the society crushing effects of that.
So because of that - I identify waaaay more with the 70s. Even though I was born in 65.

Forum List

Back