Book sold in Canada tells Muslim men how to beat and control their wives.

That's their culture. We mustn't judge.

Now, some white American conservative Christians...we'll judge the shit outta them.

/leftist

I'll judge the books that are coming into my country. Is their content according to the free speech law? If so, then I'll give my own personal judgement as to their content.

This is far more of a cultural thing than a religious thing . The learned Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi who is seen as a prolific writer on almost every topic of Islamic learning approves this thing and thinks it should be allowed.

The book sold out.
Ashraf 'Ali Thanwi (August 19, 1863 – July 4, 1943)
Ashraf Ali Thanwi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The writer of that book died in 1943
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Kings Torah"

The prohibition 'Thou Shalt Not Murder' applies only "to a Jew who kills a Jew," write Rabbis Yitzhak Shapira and Yosef Elitzur of the West Bank settlement of Yitzhar. Non-Jews are "uncompassionate by nature" and attacks on them "curb their evil inclination," while babies and children of Israel's enemies may be killed since "it is clear that they will grow to harm us."

The King's Torah: a rabbinic text or a call to terror? - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
Whats your book review on this one?

dynamic_resize

Eric Brazau holds his copy of "A Gift For the Muslim Couple" in the front lobby of the Toronto Sun. (Terry Davidson/QMI Agency)​

TORONTO - A local bookstore has “sold out” of a controversial marriage guide that advises Muslim men on how to beat their wives.

The 160-page book, published by Idara Impex in New Delhi, India, is written by Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi, who’s described in the book’s foreword as a “prolific writer on almost every topic of Islamic learning

The store’s manager, who didn’t give his name, said the book had been sold out for some time, and the store’s owner, whom the manager identified as Shamim Ahmad, refused to comment for the story.

islamic-bookstore460.jpg

“I wouldn’t say it’s hate, but it is inciting men to hit women,” said Fatah, who identified the book’s author as a prominent Islamic scholar. “This is new to you, but the Muslim community knows that this is widespread, that a woman can be beaten. Muslim leaders will deny this, but... ”

In terms of physical punishment, the book advises that a husband may scold her, “beat by hand or stick,” withhold money from her or “pull (her) by the ears,” but should “refrain from beating her excessively.”

Book tells Muslim men how to beat and control their wives[/COLOR]

Book tells Muslim men how to beat and control their wives today.

^^ No, this book...

There is a most interesting twist to the recent controversial story of a book sold in an Islamic bookshop in Canada that allegedly promotes “wife beating”. The gentleman who claims to have made this accidental discovery while innocently browsing around the “Islamic Books and Souvenirs” shop in Toronto turns out to be a violent criminal offender. According to a report last year in the Toronto Sun– the same newspaper that is now reporting Brazau’s repulsion at discovering the Islamic book– Brazau is a seven-time convicted violent offender. It seems that Brazau does not need any tips on violent behaviour from “radical Islamist” books. Brazau’s last conviction was for hitting a man named Alan Norris with his car. Strange behaviour for someone who is highly offended at the thought of a man spanking a woman.

In a further irony and a detail that we just could not make up, it turns out that Brazau was also charged in the past for harassing a Muslim woman. In that incident, he allegedly rode his bicycle close to the hijab-wearing lady and, according to the charge, continuously verbally abused her, calling her a terrorist and telling her to go back to Afghanistan.
Cop protester jailed for assault | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun

dynamic_resize

dynamic_resize

Eric Brazau holds his copy of "A Gift For the Muslim Couple" in the front lobby of the Toronto Sun. (Terry Davidson/QMI Agency)​

Book tells Muslim men how to beat and control their wives.

And I'd be protesting it too. Heck. I am right here. :thup:

When was it written? I'll give you a clue it was written before israel was born

There is a most interesting twist to the recent controversial story of a book sold in an Islamic bookshop in Canada that allegedly promotes “wife beating”. The gentleman who claims to have made this accidental discovery while innocently browsing around the “Islamic Books and Souvenirs” shop in Toronto turns out to be a violent criminal offender. According to a report last year in the Toronto Sun– the same newspaper that is now reporting Brazau’s repulsion at discovering the Islamic book– Brazau is a seven-time convicted violent offender. It seems that Brazau does not need any tips on violent behaviour from “radical Islamist” books. Brazau’s last conviction was for hitting a man named Alan Norris with his car. Strange behaviour for someone who is highly offended at the thought of a man spanking a woman.

In a further irony and a detail that we just could not make up, it turns out that Brazau was also charged in the past for harassing a Muslim woman. In that incident, he allegedly rode his bicycle close to the hijab-wearing lady and, according to the charge, continuously verbally abused her, calling her a terrorist and telling her to go back to Afghanistan.

dynamic_resize

And you call beating women 'spanking'? :doubt:

And still being offered as modern acts.

Quote the passage or page you find offensive, as I have not read the book

dynamic_resize

And you call beating women 'spanking'? :doubt:

And still being offered as modern acts.

Quote the passage or page you find offensive, as I have not read the book

You call beating women spanking them Jos. :doubt:
A Gift For Muslim Couple tells husbands that they should beat their wives with 'hand or stick or pull her by the ears'.

Read more: Muslim guide to marriage tells husbands to 'beat her by hand or stick'

If I quote a page and give a link, you equate that with me supporting It?
here's a clue for you if a text is enclosed in Quotes, it is usually someone else's words
I suggest your "outrage" is more directed at an attempt to bash Islam rather than your concern for Muslim Women

Last edited:
DSC00808_1-1.jpg

The show was better before Arab Spring! :clap2:
I saw a belly dancer perform in a hotel in Oman once.

She was blonde. :D

I kept telling my Egyptian guide, Mohammed, that I just wanted to see ONE belly dancer. He would never tell me we had one on the agenda. I thought about going to one of the clubs in the hotel because they had some there, but the didn't come on until 11 and I had to get up every day. But on our last night, they took us to one of the clubs in a boat down on the Nile. She performed in a short pink outfit first, then changed into this green thing.

Belly dancing is pretty much finished in Egypt now.

That's their culture. We mustn't judge.

Now, some white American conservative Christians...we'll judge the shit outta them.

/leftist

I'll judge the books that are coming into my country. Is their content according to the free speech law? If so, then I'll give my own personal judgement as to their content.

This is far more of a cultural thing than a religious thing . The learned Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi who is seen as a prolific writer on almost every topic of Islamic learning approves this thing and thinks it should be allowed.

The book sold out.
Ashraf 'Ali Thanwi (August 19, 1863 – July 4, 1943)
Ashraf Ali Thanwi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The writer of that book died in 1943
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The Kings Torah"

The prohibition 'Thou Shalt Not Murder' applies only "to a Jew who kills a Jew," write Rabbis Yitzhak Shapira and Yosef Elitzur of the West Bank settlement of Yitzhar. Non-Jews are "uncompassionate by nature" and attacks on them "curb their evil inclination," while babies and children of Israel's enemies may be killed since "it is clear that they will grow to harm us."

The King's Torah: a rabbinic text or a call to terror? - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
Whats your book review on this one?

If this guy is dead why is his book still selling out?:confused:

It's sold out as in being not available, No one stocks it
However "The Kings Torah"

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world...-a-rabbinic-text-or-a-call-to-terror-1.261930
Is still available for jews who want to justify killing non jewish children

Last edited:
Ashraf Ali Thanvi who wrote this manual, died in 1943.

And yet you still call beating women 'spanking them'.

I refer you to my previous post
If I quote a page and give a link, you equate that with me supporting It?
here's a clue for you if a text is enclosed in Quotes, it is usually someone else's words
I suggest your "outrage" is more directed at an attempt to bash Islam rather than your concern for Muslim Women

Last edited:

Forum List

Back