Book sold in Canada tells Muslim men how to beat and control their wives.

Ropey

אחרית הימים
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 5, 2010
dynamic_resize

Eric Brazau holds his copy of "A Gift For the Muslim Couple" in the front lobby of the Toronto Sun. (Terry Davidson/QMI Agency)​

TORONTO - A local bookstore has “sold out” of a controversial marriage guide that advises Muslim men on how to beat their wives.

The 160-page book, published by Idara Impex in New Delhi, India, is written by Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi, who’s described in the book’s foreword as a “prolific writer on almost every topic of Islamic learning

The store’s manager, who didn’t give his name, said the book had been sold out for some time, and the store’s owner, whom the manager identified as Shamim Ahmad, refused to comment for the story.

islamic-bookstore460.jpg

“I wouldn’t say it’s hate, but it is inciting men to hit women,” said Fatah, who identified the book’s author as a prominent Islamic scholar. “This is new to you, but the Muslim community knows that this is widespread, that a woman can be beaten. Muslim leaders will deny this, but... ”

In terms of physical punishment, the book advises that a husband may scold her, “beat by hand or stick,” withhold money from her or “pull (her) by the ears,” but should “refrain from beating her excessively.”

Book tells Muslim men how to beat and control their wives

That's their culture. We mustn't judge.

Now, some white American conservative Christians...we'll judge the shit outta them.

/leftist

I'll judge the books that are coming into my country. Is their content according to the free speech law? If so, then I'll give my own personal judgement as to their content.

This is far more of a cultural thing than a religious thing . The learned Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi who is seen as a prolific writer on almost every topic of Islamic learning approves this thing and thinks it should be allowed.

The book sold out.

That's their culture. We mustn't judge.

Now, some white American conservative Christians...we'll judge the shit outta them.

/leftist

I'll judge the books that are coming into my country. Is their content according to the free speech law? If so, then I'll give my own personal judgement as to their content.

This is far more of a cultural thing than a religious thing . The learned Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi who is seen as a prolific writer on almost every topic of Islamic learning approves this thing and thinks it should be allowed.

The book sold out.
I was mocking the left, Ropey ol' buddy.

Nevertheless, it's disturbing that people actually believe that shit.

I'd hate to be a Muslim woman.

If the man believes the wife muttered "fucking pig", that gives the man the right to beat the woman. I think we can all agree to this.

DSC00808_1-1.jpg

The show was better before Arab Spring! :clap2:
I saw a belly dancer perform in a hotel in Oman once.

She was blonde. :D

I kept telling my Egyptian guide, Mohammed, that I just wanted to see ONE belly dancer. He would never tell me we had one on the agenda. I thought about going to one of the clubs in the hotel because they had some there, but the didn't come on until 11 and I had to get up every day. But on our last night, they took us to one of the clubs in a boat down on the Nile. She performed in a short pink outfit first, then changed into this green thing.

DSC00808_1-1.jpg

The show was better before Arab Spring! :clap2:

I kept telling my Egyptian guide, Mohammed, that I just wanted to see ONE belly dancer. He would never tell me we had one on the agenda. I thought about going to one of the clubs in the hotel because they had some there, but the didn't come on until 11 and I had to get up every day. But on our last night, they took us to one of the clubs in a boat down on the Nile. She performed in a short pink outfit first, then changed into this green thing.

Except for the glowing red Terminator eyes, she's pretty hot. :lol:

Except for the glowing red Terminator eyes, she's pretty hot. :lol:

LOL. I think that was just the lighting.

Forum List

Back