BOMBSHELL REPORT: IRS Targeted ‘Icky’ Conservative Groups

Sadly, i don't expect much to come of this. If this Nation was serious about the rule of law, arrests and prosecutions would have already been made. This President has abused his power on many fronts. He clearly used the IRS to attack his political rivals. He should be Impeached, and then arrested & prosecuted.

I'm sorry, did we send all the Teabaggers and Libertarians to Gitmo and torture them?

Oh, boo-hoo, they made me prove I was really a social welfare agency when I claimed to be a social welfare agency.
JoeB131, please quote the section of the code for C4s that requires them to be "social welfare agencies."

As for rich people, you obviously missed the entire meaning of Citizens United, which was that poorer citizens could unite to pool their money to counteract the effects of rich entities buying advertising.
So you are completely ignorant and ill informed and of course are pushing for the opposite of what you say you want. What a surprise.

That's horseshit. What it did was allow guys like the Koch Brothers adn Soros to use straw groups to hide their involvement.

It screams why we need real campaign finance reform.
You clearly are babbling incoherently. You dont have a fucking clue what CU was all about.

How convenient. So we can't apply the same standard now that was applied to them. It's OK if they broke the law since they weren't enforcing it then. Is that what you're saying?

I'm saying that before the batshit crazy that was the Citizen's United Decision, no one was going to try to do what the Teabaggers did after 2008.

Citizen's United opened the doors to creating these kinds of groups, and then left it up to the IRS to figure out which ones were really political groups and which ones were really social welfare agencies.

Well, you're wrong, because Media Matters was already one of those kinds of groups. It's overtly political and biased. The same goes for ThinkProgress and dozens of others.

The fact is that you don't give a rats ass about leftwing groups doing exactly what you attack rightwing groups for doing. You're a hypocrite the size of the Hindenburg.
He's also stupid as fuck. And a bigot, which is no surprise.

Oh, so now you guys are going to believe committee reports out of Congress?

lol

Uhmmmmm . . . who should we believe, Eric Holder?

He is talking about when you guys denied the Torture report. It's selective outrage. You refuse to believe the torture report but are looking for anything to further your fake controversy.
The torture report was an obvious partisan hack job that didnt cover basic things. Like interviewing people from the CIA who were actually involved in the program. And there was a minority report as well. Where is the minority report here?

Sadly, i don't expect much to come of this. If this Nation was serious about the rule of law, arrests and prosecutions would have already been made. This President has abused his power on many fronts. He clearly used the IRS to attack his political rivals. He should be Impeached, and then arrested & prosecuted.

I'm sorry, did we send all the Teabaggers and Libertarians to Gitmo and torture them?

Oh, boo-hoo, they made me prove I was really a social welfare agency when I claimed to be a social welfare agency.

The President has abused his power. He should be held accountable. Many arrests and prosecutions should happen. That's if we're still a Nation of laws anyway.

The President has abused his power. He should be held accountable. Many arrests and prosecutions should happen. That's if we're still a Nation of laws anyway.

I think the president who authorized torture is a bigger deal than the president who told the IRS to actually enforce the rules on charities.
Except neither of thsoe things happened outside of your mind.
In the real world Democrats pressured the IRS to obstruct conservative groups from operating and Pres Bush authorized intensive interrogation that met legal standards.
The difference here is: Bush adhered to the rule of law, Obama trashed it.
Same story all over.

In the real world Democrats pressured the IRS to obstruct conservative groups from operating and Pres Bush authorized intensive interrogation that met legal standards.
Same story all over.

Guy, I'm sorry, please point out to me where a rectal feeding or threatening to rape someone's mother was part of a "legal" standard.

Same story all over.

Guy, I'm sorry, please point out to me where a rectal feeding or threatening to rape someone's mother was part of a "legal" standard.
Go read the memos by Bybee where he lays that out.
Or have an adult help you.

Go read the memos by Bybee where he lays that out.
Or have an adult help you.

Okay, you can have memoes all day.

Rectal feeding is still torture. threatening to rape someone's mother is still torture.

You realize we lost the war on terror the minute the pictures from Abu Grahib came out, right?
On what basis do you claim those are torture? Provide evidence.

If someone handcuffed me I wouldnt like it. Does that make handcuffing someone torture? No. Only a simpleton thinks like that.
Oh, wait.

Right. So if we rectally feed you, will you insist it's not torture, then?

Try applying a little common sense, guy, if you can. We used methods that were beyond decency, which is why we tried to hide them for so long.

And keep in mind, all we got was a 500 page summary of a 6000 page report. I imagine it's worse than we think.

The biggest scandal is that a significant portion of the American public (and posters on this forum) are perfectly OK with this type of activity as long as it is used against their opposition.
...and whine like little bitches when the tables are turned.

Hey hey a half way honest Republican. Who probably doesn't understand that he admits the Republicans would have done and will do exactly the same type of activity. When given the chance.
They might.

But the difference between us is I don't excuse my side when they do it. You do.

Of all the scandals dogging the Obama Adminisration, this is the one that will kill it:

BOMBSHELL REPORT IRS Targeted Icky Conservative Groups The Daily Caller

Top IRS officials specifically targeted tea party groups and misled the public about its secret political targeting program led by ex-official Lois Lerner, according to a bombshell new congressional report.

The Daily Caller has obtained an advance copy of a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee report set to be released Tuesday morning that definitively proves malicious intent by the IRS to improperly block conservative groups that an IRS adviser deemed “icky.” (That’s right. “Icky.”)

“The Committee has identified eight senior leaders who were in a position to prevent or to stop the IRS’s targeting of conservative applicants,” the Oversight report states. “Each of these leaders could have and should have done more to prevent the IRS’s targeting of conservative tax-exempt applicants.”

Here are six major takeaways from the report:

1. The IRS admitted that the front office was “spinning” about the targeting rumors as early as 2012, after IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman denied the tea party targeting to Congress.

Will this report include evidence? Or are the takeaways the typical accusations that are backed by nothing?

Do you mean like the the Senate Intelligence (sic) Report?

If someone handcuffed me I wouldnt like it. Does that make handcuffing someone torture? No. Only a simpleton thinks like that.
Oh, wait.

Try applying a little common sense, guy, if you can. We used methods that were beyond decency, which is why we tried to hide them for so long.

And keep in mind, all we got was a 500 page summary of a 6000 page report. I imagine it's worse than we think.

So you would just let the terrorists starve themselves and become martyrs?

Oh, wait.

No it would nto be torture. Why would you think it was. You want to see what real torture looks like, you ignorant bed wetting scumbag? Try this:
<<I got shot down over N Vietnam in 1967, a Sqdn. Commander.
After I returned in 1973...I published 2 books that dealt a lot
With "real torture" in Hanoi . Our make-believe president is
Branding our country as a bunch of torturers when he has
No idea what torture is.

As for me, I was put thru a mock execution because I would not respond..
Pistol whipped on the head....same event.. Couple of days later...
Hung by my feet all day. I escaped and a couple of weeks later, I got
Shot and recaptured. Shot was OK...what happened afterwards was not.

They marched me to Vinh...put me in the rope trick, trick...almost
Pulled my arms out of the sockets. Beat me on the head with a
Little wooden rod until my eyes were swelled shut, and my unshot,
Unbroken hand a pulp.

Next day hung me by the arms...rebroke my right wrist...wiped
Out the nerves in my arms that control the hands....rolled my fingers
Up into a ball. Only left the slightest movement of my L forefinger.
So I started answering with some incredible lies.

Sent me to Hanoi strapped to a barrel of gas in the back of a truck.

Hanoi ..on my knees....rope trick again. Beaten by a big fool.

Into leg irons on a bed in Heartbreak Hotel.

Much kneeling--hands up at Zoo.

Really bad beating for refusing to condemn Lyndon Johnson.

Several more kneeling events. I could see my knee bone thru
Kneeling holes.

There was an escape from the annex to the Zoo. I was the Senior
Officer of a large building... because of escape...they started a mass
Torture of all commanders.

I think it was July 7, 1969...they started beating me with a car fanbelt. In the first 2 days I took over 300 strokes...then stopped counting
Because I never thought I would live thru it.

They continued day-night torture to get me to confess to a non-existent
Part in the escape. This went on for at least 3 days. On my knees...
Fan belting...cut open my scrotum with fan belt stroke. Opened up
Both knee holes again. My fanny looked like hamburger...I could not
Lie on my back.

They tortured me into admitting that I was in on the escape...and
That my 2 room-mates knew about it.

The next day I denied the lie.

They commenced torturing me again with 3- 6- or 9 strokes of
The fan belt every day from about July 11 or 12th..to 14 October
1969. I continued to refuse to lie about my roommates again.

Now, the point of this is that our make-believe
President has declared to the world that we (U.S..) are a bunch of
Torturers...Thus it will be OK to torture us next time when they
Catch us...because that is what the U.S. Does.

Our make-believe president is a know nothing fool who thinks
That pouring a little water on some one's face, or hanging a pair of
women's pants over an Arabs head is TORTURE.. He is a meathead.

I just talked to MOH holder Leo Thorsness, who was also in my squadron,
In jail...as was John McCain...and we agree that McCain does
Not speak for the POW group when he claims that Al Gharib was
Torture...or that "water boarding" is torture.

Our president and those fools around him who keep bad mouthing
Our great country are a disgrace to the United States . Please pass
This info on to Sean Hannity. He is free to use it to point out the
Stupidity of the claims that water boarding...which has no after
Effect...is torture. If it got the Arab to cough up the story about how he planned the attack on the twin towers in NYC ...
Hurrahfor the guy who poured the water. ____________________________________________________________________

"Bud" Day, Medal Of Honor Recipient

George Everett "Bud" Day (born February 24, 1925) is a retired
U.S. Air Force Colonel and Command Pilot who served during the Vietnam War. He is often cited as being the most decorated U.S. Service member since General Douglas MacArthur, having Received some seventy decorations, a majority for actions In combat. Day is a recipient of the Medal of Honor. >>

Forum List

Back