Boise State V Va Tech

I don't think squeaking out a win qualifies as "legit." If they had handily beaten VT, I'd be a believer.

I still don't think beating #10 from the preseason polls proves anything. Their schedule is just too weak to deserve a shot, even if they go undefeated. Sure, I'm okay if they make it to the national championship, but I don't think they would have a shot against whoever comes out of the SEC Championship.

My only concern is that a 1 or even 2 loss SEC Champion team will get bumped out of the national championship by an undefeated Boise State and Ohio State, neither of which play near the schedule an SEC team has to go through.

Maybe some more bigger schools should start playing them. So far, it seems to me, they have been too chicken to. :D

I don't think squeaking out a win qualifies as "legit." If they had handily beaten VT, I'd be a believer.

I still don't think beating #10 from the preseason polls proves anything. Their schedule is just too weak to deserve a shot, even if they go undefeated. Sure, I'm okay if they make it to the national championship, but I don't think they would have a shot against whoever comes out of the SEC Championship.

My only concern is that a 1 or even 2 loss SEC Champion team will get bumped out of the national championship by an undefeated Boise State and Ohio State, neither of which play near the schedule an SEC team has to go through.

Maybe some more bigger schools should start playing them. So far, it seems to me, they have been too chicken to. :D
there needs to be a playoff system

I really hope Boise loses. Then maybe they will move move into a real conference and actually compete for that championship that they think they deserve.

Eat your words. :D

It's a shame your response didn't even come close to being in response to his statement. He didn't say "Boise State WILL lose."

Winning against the preseason #10 doesn't mean much right now, and unfortunately they don't have a lot of chances to prove themself the rest of the year. Beating #10 by 3 points is pretty meaningless, in my book. I remember once, there was a #2 team that lost to an unranked, Division I opponent.

I still am not convinced. I don't know how good VT really is. Didn't look too good tonight. Time will tell though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I really hope Boise loses. Then maybe they will move move into a real conference and actually compete for that championship that they think they deserve.

It's a shame your response didn't even come close to being in response to his statement. He didn't say "Boise State WILL lose."

Winning against the preseason #10 doesn't mean much right now, and unfortunately they don't have a lot of chances to prove themself the rest of the year. Beating #10 by 3 points is pretty meaningless, in my book. I remember once, there was a #2 team that lost to an unranked, Division I opponent.
except in the poll that matters, VT was #6 and BSU was #5

What do they have to gain by playing Boise State? Beating them only serves to prove the point that Boise State is irrelevant, which is meaningless to the other team.

Everyone made a big deal about Boise State beating TCU last year. It's TCU. It's not an SEC or Big 12 power house. The year before, they lost to TCU. The year before, they lost to East Carolina. The year before THAT, they beat Oklahoma by 1. That game, 4 years ago, is the game that led the Boise State fans to cry foul on the system. They won a single game against a major opponent and think it makes them deserving of something more. Until they move into a real conference and face real opponents on a regular basis, they are irrelevant.

except in the poll that matters, VT was #6 and BSU was #5

This only proves how little the preseason polls actually mean.

What do they have to gain by playing Boise State? Beating them only serves to prove the point that Boise State is irrelevant, which is meaningless to the other team.

Everyone made a big deal about Boise State beating TCU last year. It's TCU. It's not an SEC or Big 12 power house. The year before, they lost to TCU. The year before, they lost to East Carolina. The year before THAT, they beat Oklahoma by 1. That game, 4 years ago, is the game that led the Boise State fans to cry foul on the system. They won a single game against a major opponent and think it makes them deserving of something more. Until they move into a real conference and face real opponents on a regular basis, they are irrelevant.
TCU came close to beating TX who made it to the championship game

I was kidding. ;)
And I think Boise State has been building a good program for the last eight or so years. I think some bigger teams need to agree to play them, for one just so they continue to build their program. If they beat Oregon, I think it will just show even more, they for one need to change conferences, maybe trade places with WSU in the Pac 10. :D

All I have to say is when I was in high school I went to a WSU/ BSU game, and WSU beat them by 60 points. Now BSU is beating Va Tech. They need to be tested, for one, so people like Jon can be quiet. :D

And I think Boise State has been building a good program for the last eight or so years. I think some bigger teams need to agree to play them, for one just so they continue to build their program. If they beat Oregon, I think it will just show even more, they for one need to change conferences, maybe trade places with WSU in the Pac 10. :D

That's the problem. Boise State thinks that teams from the bigger conferences should break their schedule system to include Boise State, instead of Boise State changing conferences to prove themselves. The burden of proof is on Boise State, but they KNOW if they were to join a real conference, they wouldn't win as many regular season games. So instead, they point the fingers at the SEC and the Big 12 and claim those conferences are too scared to play Boise State. Seems to me that Boise State is too scared to join the big boy schools. With all the conference shake-ups we had during the offseason, there was ample opportunity.

They need to be tested, for one, so people like Jon can be quiet. :D

I agree, they do need to be tested. But they want none of the risk and all of the reward. If they did get a win over a major SEC team in the regular season, that's one win. It means nothing. They want to prove themselves? They need a REAL schedule to show that they can perform on a weekly basis, not once out of every 12 games.

That's the problem. Boise State thinks that teams from the bigger conferences should break their schedule system to include Boise State, instead of Boise State changing conferences to prove themselves. The burden of proof is on Boise State, but they KNOW if they were to join a real conference, they wouldn't win as many regular season games. So instead, they point the fingers at the SEC and the Big 12 and claim those conferences are too scared to play Boise State. Seems to me that Boise State is too scared to join the big boy schools. With all the conference shake-ups we had during the offseason, there was ample opportunity.
I really think BSU and WSU should switch. WSU is not a big program anymore, and they are about three miles from Idaho. :lol:
Anyways, BSU would benefit from being in a better conference, and WSU could be in one the suits there talent level. People talk crap about Price around here, but at least WSU was winning games then.

They need to be tested, for one, so people like Jon can be quiet. :D

I agree, they do need to be tested. But they want none of the risk and all of the reward. If they did get a win over a major SEC team in the regular season, that's one win. It means nothing. They want to prove themselves? They need a REAL schedule to show that they can perform on a weekly basis, not once out of every 12 games.

I posted an article last season about how they have tried to play bigger schools, but not many would agree to do it. I think you were saying the same things in that thread. ;)

Its not what they won by, its how they won. They were up on a good team. They got down late to a good team. Then they held on. They finished and ran a two minute drill to perfection. There defense stepped up and stopped VT late for the win. That is good football. I'm more impressed with the way they won than I would have been had they won by 50. They played a good game all the way down to the wire. Are they good enough to win a championship? I don't know. They still have issues against the run. They don't have much of a running game on offense, but they are well coached and have moxie. They are legit in my opinion.

I really think BSU and WSU should switch. WSU is not a big program anymore, and they are about three miles from Idaho. :lol:
Anyways, BSU would benefit from being in a better conference, and WSU could be in one the suits there talent level. People talk crap about Price around here, but at least WSU was winning games then.

Mike Price is good coach, he just makes shitty decisions. Like using his University of Alabama credit card at strip clubs in Florida.

Mike Price is good coach, he just makes shitty decisions. Like using his University of Alabama credit card at strip clubs in Florida.

:lol: That was a nasty mess!

I still am not convinced. I don't know how good VT really is. Didn't look too good tonight. Time will tell though.

Tech is good. They aren't great, but they were a legit opponent. Frank Beamer is one of the best football minds in the game. He got out coached. Boise is legit. Not great, but legit.

:lol: That was a nasty mess!

A nasty mess that saddled us with Mike Shula for four years. Francione left for College Station amid NCAA sanctions, then Price fucks up with strippers paid for by the University. This coming on the heels of Mike Dubose feeling up his secretary and getting fired after an SEC Championship run. And people wonder why we love Nick Saban so much. He may be an asshole, but he shows up to work, wins football games and thats it.

Tech is good. They aren't great, but they were a legit opponent. Frank Beamer is one of the best football minds in the game. He got out coached. Boise is legit. Not great, but legit.

Can't disagree with that I suppose. And I like Beamer.

Forum List

Back