Boise State V Va Tech

That's the problem. Boise State thinks that teams from the bigger conferences should break their schedule system to include Boise State, instead of Boise State changing conferences to prove themselves. The burden of proof is on Boise State, but they KNOW if they were to join a real conference, they wouldn't win as many regular season games. So instead, they point the fingers at the SEC and the Big 12 and claim those conferences are too scared to play Boise State. Seems to me that Boise State is too scared to join the big boy schools. With all the conference shake-ups we had during the offseason, there was ample opportunity.
I really think BSU and WSU should switch. WSU is not a big program anymore, and they are about three miles from Idaho. :lol:
Anyways, BSU would benefit from being in a better conference, and WSU could be in one the suits there talent level. People talk crap about Price around here, but at least WSU was winning games then.

Mike Price is good coach, he just makes shitty decisions. Like using his University of Alabama credit card at strip clubs in Florida.

Yep! :lol:
WSU should have tried harder to hold on to him. The program started going down hill as soon as he left, and Doba was an idiot.
I think the new coach might be good, he just needs time, and talent. But I still think it will be years before WSU has a Pac 10 type team again.

I still am not convinced. I don't know how good VT really is. Didn't look too good tonight. Time will tell though.

Tech is good. They aren't great, but they were a legit opponent. Frank Beamer is one of the best football minds in the game. He got out coached. Boise is legit. Not great, but legit.

Can't disagree with that I suppose. And I like Beamer.

Most people will tell you here that I don't bullshit about football. I call 'em pretty straight and fair. ;)

I really think BSU and WSU should switch. WSU is not a big program anymore, and they are about three miles from Idaho. :lol:
Anyways, BSU would benefit from being in a better conference, and WSU could be in one the suits there talent level. People talk crap about Price around here, but at least WSU was winning games then.

Mike Price is good coach, he just makes shitty decisions. Like using his University of Alabama credit card at strip clubs in Florida.

WSU should have tried harder to hold on to him. The program started going down hill as soon as he left, and Doba was an idiot.
I think the new coach might be good, he just needs time, and talent. But I still think it will be years before WSU has a Pac 10 type team again.

I think the demi-God status of being Alabama's football coach went to his head. Tuscaloosa is a long way from Pullman and not just geographically. ;)

:lol: That was a nasty mess!

A nasty mess that saddled us with Mike Shula for four years. Francione left for College Station amid NCAA sanctions, then Price fucks up with strippers paid for by the University. This coming on the heels of Mike Dubose feeling up his secretary and getting fired after an SEC Championship run. And people wonder why we love Nick Saban so much. He may be an asshole, but he shows up to work, wins football games and thats it.

Everyone kept saying he should have never left Pullman. For one, I don't even think they have a strip club within 100 miles. :D
I think he was also the only one who knew how to handle Ryan Leaf. He pulled crap while in Pullman, but not like he did in high school, and while in the NFL.

A nasty mess that saddled us with Mike Shula for four years. Francione left for College Station amid NCAA sanctions, then Price fucks up with strippers paid for by the University. This coming on the heels of Mike Dubose feeling up his secretary and getting fired after an SEC Championship run. And people wonder why we love Nick Saban so much. He may be an asshole, but he shows up to work, wins football games and thats it.

Ugh..not wonderful memories. Shula may still be there if he had done was was asked of him, which was to replace some coaches. Glad he didn't.
I don't think Saban is an asshole at all.

Have you seen this? - Rob Ezell doing his Saban imitation? I am sure only a Bama fan will appreciate it. Is a cut from an ESPN special a few weeks ago. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQjQatNSqXI]YouTube - Rob Ezell imitates Coach Nick Saban[/ame]

I think the demi-God status of being Alabama's football coach went to his head. Tuscaloosa is a long way from Pullman and not just geographically. ;)

Paul Wulf built up EWU, which is a small school, but he turned them around in two years. Which is how he got the WSU job, I just think he needs time and money.

You should see the EWU turf, some Titan player donated it. My mom calls it the Devil Turf. :lol:

Ugh..not wonderful memories. Shula may still be there if he had done was was asked of him, which was to replace some coaches. Glad he didn't.

Have you seen this? - Rob Ezell doing his Saban imitation? I am sure only a Bama fan will appreciate it. Is a cut from an ESPN special a few weeks ago. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQjQatNSqXI]YouTube - Rob Ezell imitates Coach Nick Saban[/ame]

That was form the All-Access special. Its pretty funny. Saban is a helluva coach and I'm glad we have him, but what he did to Miami was the epitome of asshole.

And Shula only got as far as he did, because he was one of us. You cannot go 0-4 against Auburn and keep your job at Alabama. Nobody ever had and he should have been fired for that if nothing else.

1-3 LSU
1-3 Tenn
0-4 Auburn

Those records are more than enough to show you the door. One of ours or not.

Paul Wulf built up EWU, which is a small school, but he turned them around in two years. Which is how he got the WSU job, I just think he needs time and money.

You should see the EWU turf, some Titan player donated it. My mom calls it the Devil Turf. :lol:

Paul Wulf will be coaching a top tier school in 4 years. He is good and someone will come offering money. Another coach to watch is Jerry Kill at NIU. Both great coaches and will be coaching championship programs soon.

WSU, unfortunately doesn't have the tradition to be destination. Wulf is the right guy to be there, but he is gonna get ultra creative with recruiting and Boise pretty well has that market locked up.

That was form the All-Access special. Its pretty funny. Saban is a helluva coach and I'm glad we have him, but what he did to Miami was the epitome of asshole.

And Shula only got as far as he did, because he was one of us. You cannot go 0-4 against Auburn and keep your job at Alabama. Nobody ever had and he should have been fired for that if nothing else.

1-3 LSU
1-3 Tenn
0-4 Auburn

Oh I SO agree about Shula. He was always good to look at though. :lol: Not so much now, and I DESPISE his dad for running his mouth as he did after Shula was fired.

As for Saban and Miami...well CW isn't that what coaches do? Don't they leave for other places all the time. I think Saban knew he was not cut out for coaching Pros, but regardless, we have seen many a coach leave one place for another.

YouTube - Rob Ezell imitates Coach Nick Saban

1-3 LSU
1-3 Tenn
0-4 Auburn

Oh I SO agree about Shula. He was always good to look at though. :lol: Not so much now, and I DESPISE his dad for running his mouth as he did after Shula was fired.

As for Saban and Miami...well CW isn't that what coaches do? Don't they leave for other places all the time. I think Saban knew he was not cut out for coaching Pros, but regardless, we have seen many a coach leave one place for another.

It wasn't that he left, it was how he left. He came out and said that he was not going to Alabama, rather than just saying that he would address that after the season. I'm glad that we got him. In three years he has built us back into a powerhouse. I'm just not comfortable with how we got him. But it is in the past.

Paul Wulf will be coaching a top tier school in 4 years. He is good and someone will come offering money. Another coach to watch is Jerry Kill at NIU. Both great coaches and will be coaching championship programs soon.

WSU, unfortunately doesn't have the tradition to be destination. Wulf is the right guy to be there, but he is gonna get ultra creative with recruiting and Boise pretty well has that market locked up.

I think Rob Acke will be offered a better job soon, IMO.
And you are right, having BSU close by and UW across the state screws WSU. Guys probably would pick to play at Idaho over WSU right now.

1-3 LSU
1-3 Tenn
0-4 Auburn

It wasn't that he left, it was how he left. He came out and said that he was not going to Alabama, rather than just saying that he would address that after the season. I'm glad that we got him. In three years he has built us back into a powerhouse. I'm just not comfortable with how we got him. But it is in the past.

ah, I get what you are saying now..

I think Rob Acke will be offered a better job soon, IMO.
And you are right, having BSU close by and UW across the state screws WSU. Guys probably would pick to play at Idaho over WSU right now.

Robb Akey is young and talented, but he is a complete douche.

Robb Akey is douchebag. He has killed the WSU-Idaho rivalry.

Did you know if Idaho lost in Pullman, they had to walk back to Moscow?
And people love the guy around here. One announcer here has a man crush on the guy. If he can, he will work him into a segment. :lol:

Its eight miles. I have no sympathy for them. :lol:

Pullman and Moscow have grown so much, it is hard to tell when you leave one and enter another. :lol:

I just talked to my dad. He thinks Wulf will be fired after this year, and he hasn't done enough. WSU fans can be pretty critical.
My dad threw a remote at the fire place when WSU threw the game at Notre Dame, while screaming " Quit acting like Price". :lol:

I really hope Boise loses. Then maybe they will move move into a real conference and actually compete for that championship that they think they deserve.

I really wished the PAC10 would have invited them. But I understand why they didn't.

1-3 LSU
1-3 Tenn
0-4 Auburn

When a Nick Saban comes along, you don't worry too much about how you got him, you just get him. Same as Arkansas, the situation with Petrino wasn't ideal, but oh well we got our coach.

Forum List

Back