The Heisman going the way of MLB Hall of Fame.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Immanuel, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    Sources: Trust to take Bush's Heisman - College Football - Rivals.com

The Heisman Trophy is soon to go the way of Major League Baseball's Hall of Fame as a once prestigious honor to now becoming nothing but a worthless political piece of crap. Major League Baseball destroyed the Hall of Fame when it began playing politics with the inductees and decided to keep one of the greatest hitters in its history out of the HOF because current (at the time) officials did not like him, Pete Rose. Now, the Heisman Trophy Trust seeks to do the same thing with the 75 year old trophy that they have under their control.

If Reggie Bush had violated rules then he should not have won the trophy. However, the fact is that he did win the trophy and now the trust seeks to take it back, will make the trophy worthless in the future.

Was Reggie Bush the number one player in college football in 2005? That question is debatable as it always is when such an honor is given, but for crying out loud! It was awarded to him. Now they want to take it away from him and leave the honor vacant for the year?

I say the NCAA should punish the school for the violations starting now, but leave both the BCS Championship for that year and the Heisman Trophy alone.

I think taking the trophy back is the wrong move. My personal opinion is that if they do, the toy found in a Cracker Jacks box will be more valuable than future Heisman Trophies.

And! For the record, I am not a Reggie Bush fan. I have always liked USC, but not so much that I care about the championship or the Heisman.

Immie

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Kat

Kat Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,515
    I don't think they knew he had violated rules when he won the Heisman.

3. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I am sure they did not. However, to go back now and say that he was not the number one player in college football, cheapens the trophy. I highly doubt USC is the only school that is guilty of such infractions.

Punish the school now that it has been determined that they violated the rules. It is too late to punish Reggie Bush. The history of the trophy will be dirtied if they take it away from him now.

Immie

4. Kat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,515

hmm How will it dirty the history if it is take away?
    I agree that it is too late to punish Reggie. (and btw, I think they should just leave things alone)

5. Moon

Moon Why so serious?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +154
    You don't think the history of the trophy will be dirtied if they allow someone who did not follow the rules to be allowed to keep it? It wasn't just the school that broke the rules.

6. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    If he had sat out like he should have, as he was ineligible, he would not have gotten the chance. Winner or not.

Fruit of the poison tree so to speak.

I don't think the MLB hall of fame is cheapened becasue Rose had a gambling problem.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  7. Kat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,515
    I don't think it matters one way or the other now. And Reggie Bush is the only one with tarnished reputation in reality. The schools are presented with impossible tasks of trying to control these kids...most times poor kids..from parasitic agents.

8. Kat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,515
    What do you mean ''sat out''??

9. ConHog

ConHog BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +897
    Oh please, the Heisman has been tarnished for years. It isn't awarded to the best player and hasn't been for years. It is awarded to the most popular player as chosen by ESPN.

10. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    The Heisman is usually given to the best football player who peaked too early in their football career.