Boehner is Gonna Fly Commercial

Originally Posted by California Girl If you're gonna quote me, do it properly or point out that you have altered my post for your own partisan point scoring.
Moron.

No, I just don't care to waste my time with your moronic whining.
Except you were the one whining that I altered your post when I quoted you WORD FOR WORD, and SYLLABLE FOR SYLLABLE.

Ok, if Bohener flys coach on the government dime that is like $400 round trip and he has to be polite to the airline staff, as they aren't military who have to take what Nancy liked to dish out.

this vs 28,000 per flight for her.

And I am a hypocrite because I am not upset he is not riding his bicycle the whole way to Ohio, which would be healthy and free.

The issue was not her flying to California. The issue was her flying to California like she is the queen of all creation.

Speaker of the house is third in line to the presidency. He would have no choice. He would have to fly just like Nancy. It's part of the job. Try to reason out why.

If you bothered to read the posts, you would note the security folks say the private jet is not necessary for third in line.

Illiterate ignoranus.

This isn't transparent to you, as being a purely political stunt to garner credibility as being one is now "with the people," because he flies commercial jets when he doesn't have to? Really? That's not that hard. The comfort of sacrifice is well worth the points it will give him politically for this stunt, but that's just what this is: a stunt. He doesn't care about flying commercial, he doesn't actually believe that he is one of the 'normal joe's,' He just knows people will perceive him as such, and in that sense, it is very smart, but it is all politics. That people assign this as being ingenious at all is suprising, when it is all for show... for the stage, of politics. He's still who he is, it just gives his political practices and his decisions and what he says more credibility, which is bullshit, because all he is doing is flying in a plane. The symbolism of flying among everyone else as a politician is no doubt powerful, but the obvious calculation that goes into this gesture should be considered more than the inclination to perceive it as genuine.

He needs to fly back and forth a lot, and flying commercial puts him through the mills of the TSA and the rest of the foolishness he would escape if he took the military jets.

Commercial does not mean coach.

And it is a good thing that the elected officials see what the rest of us have to go through when they pass their silly laws.

I don't feel like reading through 6 pages of this crap.

Was there even one liberal who simply recognized the positive here?

Who cares anyway? He's already cost the country more just by the bribes he passed out on the house floor.

Really? Across country?

Good for him.

Can he use AF1 without the prez if he has to go outside the country?
You asked about Del to DC. He is a big supporter of Amtrack and commuted the hour and a half from DC to DEL every day to be with his children.

Actually I assumed he drove to DE. Just curious whether he uses the same perks as Pelosi or if he is more down to earth. He seems the latter.
Joseph Biden on Fatherhood

Biden's Own Family:

In 1966, while in law school, Biden married Neilia Hunter. They had three children, Joseph R. "Beau" Biden III, Robert Hunter, and Naomi Christina ("Amy"). Neilia and baby Amy died in a car accident just before he was sworn in as a US Senator in 1973. His two sons, Beau and Hunter, were seriously injured in the accident, but both eventually made full recoveries. Biden was sworn into office from their bedside.

Joe considered resigning from the Senate to care for his family as a single parent, stating that “Delaware could always get another Senator, but his boys could not get another dad.” He was persuaded by Ted Kennedy and Hubert Humprhey, among others, to stay. At that time, Biden began commuting an hour and a half each day on Amtrak from his home in Delaware to Washington, D.C.

Forum List

Back