Boehner Huge failure

HE DOESN'T HAVE THE VOTES!!!!!

tumblr_ltw9xfJCHs1qafrh6.gif

...And...Eric Cantor seems to be thinking he's CLOSER-AND-CLOSER to taking Boner's chair from him!!!!!

1205-boehner-cantor-630x420.jpg

HE DOESN'T HAVE THE VOTES!!!!!

tumblr_ltw9xfJCHs1qafrh6.gif

The House will vote later today on Speaker John Boehner's so-called Plan B for tax reform and spending cuts, but the speaker is struggling to muster enough Republican votes to pass his plan. Assuming Democrats all vote against the bill, a mere 24 Republican defections would be enough to scuttle it. The Hill newspaper's own whip count already shows 23 Republican defections.

Boehner Struggles To Find Votes For 'Plan B' | TPM LiveWire

BTW ASSHOLES - THEY WANT TO CUT SCHOOL AND EDUCATION DEDUCTIONS TO MIDDLE CLASS....

i feel bad for boehner. he's a decent guy.

.....For a lazy drunk.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2RloNSp8tc]GOP House Leader A Lazy Drunk? - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6etf_z60pM]Boehner Makes Fool Of Himself On Fox News - YouTube[/ame]​

I think Boehner survives this although in a further weakened position.
He didn't have a lot of muscle to flex before, but until he gets a handle on the far right, he's got even less.

He didn't have a lot of muscle to flex before, but until he gets a handle on the far right, he's got even less.

I don't think so. When the new House convenes next month, I'll be surprised if they don't hand the gavel to someone else. It'll be a major victory for the old guard if he keeps the job.

More likely is that he'll decline to run for the position again, giving his party a face-saving way out.

Boehner has been castrated by his own party

He is left as a SINO....Speaker in Name Only

He is unable to broker deals with his own party, the Democrats, the Senate or the President

He is completely powerless as Speaker

I don't think so. When the new House convenes next month, I'll be surprised if they don't hand the gavel to someone else. It'll be a major victory for the old guard if he keeps the job.

More likely is that he'll decline to run for the position again, giving his party a face-saving way out.

it's time to clean house (pun intended).....both Boehner and Cantor need to go....

In ordinary times, Speaker Boehner may have proven a competent leader. But faced with extraordinary circumstances, the speaker is a pipsqueak. The stakes are enormous for the nation, in terms of the economy and liberty. The speaker and his cohorts either fail to grasp the monumental nature of the times or they're simply ignoring it. The day, the challenges, and the problems demand more than what Boehner and his team are capable of giving.

Boehner should stand-down for reelection as speaker. Cantor should relinquish his majority leadership post. If not, House conservatives need to aggressively challenge Boehner and Cantor in caucus. True-blue conservatives who are global thinkers and first-rate strategists need to replace Boehner, Cantor, and the others in the House GOP leadership.

House conservatives shouldn't accept or settle for a shuffling out of one set of establishment Republicans for another. The stakes are critically high, and the time for unwavering principled leadership from House Republicans is urgent.

Read more: Blog: Boehner and Cantor Must Go
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

He is unable to broker deals with his own party, the Democrats, the Senate or the President

Do you think anyone else can do better? There are too many repubs in the House that will not accept tax rate increases without big spending cuts. Some won't accept tax hikes under ANY circumstances. Caught between the Tea Party folks and the GOP leadership; screwed if you do and screwed if you don't.

it's time to clean house (pun intended).....both Boehner and Cantor need to go....

In ordinary times, Speaker Boehner may have proven a competent leader. But faced with extraordinary circumstances, the speaker is a pipsqueak. The stakes are enormous for the nation, in terms of the economy and liberty. The speaker and his cohorts either fail to grasp the monumental nature of the times or they're simply ignoring it. The day, the challenges, and the problems demand more than what Boehner and his team are capable of giving.

Boehner should stand-down for reelection as speaker. Cantor should relinquish his majority leadership post. If not, House conservatives need to aggressively challenge Boehner and Cantor in caucus. True-blue conservatives who are global thinkers and first-rate strategists need to replace Boehner, Cantor, and the others in the House GOP leadership.

House conservatives shouldn't accept or settle for a shuffling out of one set of establishment Republicans for another. The stakes are critically high, and the time for unwavering principled leadership from House Republicans is urgent.

Read more: Blog: Boehner and Cantor Must Go
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

ahhh ... the old jump out of the frying pan and into the fire approach?
we'll see how this works.

Do you think anyone else can do better? There are too many repubs in the House that will not accept tax rate increases without big spending cuts. Some won't accept tax hikes under ANY circumstances. Caught between the Tea Party folks and the GOP leadership; screwed if you do and screwed if you don't.

yes....the GOP needs to remain steadfast to its once-upon-a-time principles......cut taxes and spending.....balance the budget......if they don't they will die off and the Tea Party will take over completely....the American people have to balance their budgets so they think Congress should do the same...

if BO doesn't like that approach then let him take us over the cliff if he wants to.....he'll pay for it politically no matter how much he tries to blame the Rs...

Nothing changed when the democrats controlled everything
Nothing changed when the republicans controlled everything
What even gives you the idea congress even wants change?

The GOP is deeply fractured right now, with too many reps who won't compromise cuz they're afraid the TPers will vote 'em out if they do in the next primary election. Doesn't help that many on the left aren't willing to compromise either, on entitlement reform and spending cuts. So, we have a mexican standoff, who's going to blink? Nobody is right now, we'll see what happens after we go over the cliff and the market drops and the people at home start paying higher taxes. Right or wrong, the pubs will get most of the blame thanks to a biased media. Will anybody bend then? Dunno, I ain't overly optimistic.

The GOP is deeply fractured right now, with too many reps who won't compromise cuz they're afraid the TPers will vote 'em out if they do in the next primary election. Doesn't help that many on the left aren't willing to compromise either, on entitlement reform and spending cuts. So, we have a mexican standoff, who's going to blink? Nobody is right now, we'll see what happens after we go over the cliff and the market drops and the people at home start paying higher taxes. Right or wrong, the pubs will get most of the blame thanks to a biased media. Will anybody bend then? Dunno, I ain't overly optimistic.

I pretty much agree with most of what you say. Although "the media" didn't invent the GOP obstinance. I share the opinion of most that the GOP bears about 60 to 65% of the blame. Stonewalling began as a political ploy to derail the Obama administration. Now it's an albatross around all our necks.

just MHO.

Forum List

Back