Bodies (Netflix)

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I am in episode 5 of this 8 part series.

If you have ever seen the German series, Dark, you will feel a definite influence in Bodies. Dark is better.

Not that Bodies is bad. It's not. Maybe I'm being unfair by comparing it to the gold standard, Dark.

The title of this series refers to the same dead body being discovered in the same London alley in three separate timelines. 2023, 1941, and 1890.

This is combination detective show and a time travel show.

I was fairly engaged with the show, and then...it had to take a giant turn into gay sex between a married man and a journalist.

It seems the gay writers of Hollywood just can't stop themselves from pushing the pendulum as far in the other direction as they can while they can.

You know what? Whatever. But filming protracted gay sex scenes that have NOTHING to do with the story line is going to alienate a lot of people, including me. Enough with that shit!

I don't even like long heterosexual sex scenes in movies or shows. It's stupid. I honestly cannot think of a single sex scene which added to the story. Not one. I always fast forward through them, to my wife's amusement.

Anyway, it's a fairly good show if you can get around the in-your-face gay sex bullshit.

There's a tiny little Israeli actress in Bodies who looks like she's 12 years old. I looked up her height. She's 4' 11".

It stretches credulity to see her tackling a guy a foot taller than her. :lol:

But then she's Israeli. So...

Forum List

Back