Bob Costas warns the future of Football is bleak.

Soccer not a sport?

The most watched, played and loved sport on the planet?

Only because it costs like 50 cents to field a soccer team and thousands to field any sort of tackle football team.

It's like how rice is the worlds most popular food. Not because everyone is out there looking at a surf and turf with a glass of Dom and saying "Nah I'll take the rice and water instead". But because it's what they can afford to have.

:alcoholic:

glad you agree with me wrongwinger that pic i discovered of you there crying on being wrong about the Rams is hysterical.:up: dont know which is MORE hysterical that you are butthurt over,your hero Hitlery not getting elected like you so much thought for sure would happen,or the Rams coming back to LA which you also never dreamed of happening.:haha:Its comedy gold that you are so butthurt over both of these two issues so badly that you whine and cry about it here constantly all the time week after week month after month.:lmao::rofl::haha::itsok::itsok:
When I make someone my bitch

They stay my bitch

as everyone here that knows me knows,I would love for this to happen.At least see the end of the corrupt NFL cartel anyways. Would hate to see college football suffer but if thats what it takes to end the corruption in the NFL,i am all for it and hope Costas is right.

Bob Costas warns future of football is bleak because sport 'destroys people's brains'

I think the biggest problem are the majority of ticket buyers (middle class) not having money to buy tickets.

The NFL in synonymous with Anti-American liberal propaganda and hate mongering now, thanks Democrats..
200774_600.jpg

Football will survive

But it may not look the same

Soccer not a sport?

Only because it costs like 50 cents to field a soccer team and thousands to field any sort of tackle football team.

It's like how rice is the worlds most popular food. Not because everyone is out there looking at a surf and turf with a glass of Dom and saying "Nah I'll take the rice and water instead". But because it's what they can afford to have.

Not really.

Soccer is the worlds most popular sport and not by a little - by a massive margin. It does have something to do with cost but not cost of the team. It is largely due to the cost to play it as a child. All you need to play soccer is a ball - that's it. The majority of the worlds children that are not hooked into some digital entertainment find it in back ally or street soccer games.

:udaman::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

yeah I knew college football was corrupt as well but NOWHERE near the extremes of the NFL.:lmao::haha::rofl:

For one thing,in college you get kicked out of the program for illegally spying on other teams video taping them PLUS they have not earned the title the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE moving from one city to another as often as we change socks at the drop of a dime and then go and violate relocation rules the league made up that they are suppose to follow.:rolleyes:

Okay so the NFL can make rules but they dont have to follow them now? okay,gotcha.

College football is not ANYWHERE near the joke of corruption the NFL is because with the NFL,what is the sense in making rules if they are allowed to break them and dont even have to follow them?:rolleyes::cuckoo:

I am sure it is the same with you at your workplace as it is with me at mine where if I dont follow the rules the company sets forth for its employees.I will get fired in a heartbeat.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
as everyone here that knows me knows,I would love for this to happen.At least see the end of the corrupt NFL cartel anyways. Would hate to see college football suffer but if thats what it takes to end the corruption in the NFL,i am all for it and hope Costas is right.

Bob Costas warns future of football is bleak because sport 'destroys people's brains'

I think the biggest problem are the majority of ticket buyers (middle class) not having money to buy tickets.

That and parking. One poster here for instance is a Bills fan now that the Chargers are no longer in SD where he lives.The Bills are playing in carson this sunday so i asked him if he was planning on going to that game but he isnt because parking is a $100.00 there.

I know for sure beyond a doubt that is the case with the niners in santa clara why THEY have half empty stadiums all the time.that moron Jed York made it so that the regular season ticket holders in candlestick park did not have first shot at season tickets even though they deserved it.

The reason being is he catered to the rich big wig silicons out there giving them first shot at the best seats.That has backfired on him in a major way though because the rich bigwigs,they dont have the passion for the niners to show up and watch their games EVERY sunday and they sure as hell are not going to support them when they are losing..

when the Niners were in SF,they ALWAYS packed them in even when they were the joke of the league for over ten years before Harbaugh changed their fortunes.they packed them in because the average blue collar worker supported them every sunday through thick and thin and in the lean years.they were the ones that had passion enough to do that.

They wont do that in santa clara and the loyal fans are priced out because York has made the game day experience at the ballpark feel more corporate and the stadium a corporation for the fans instead of a great experience for the bay area fans.

People are greatly mistaken that if they win,things will change.the average loyal fan has been priced out that even if they win,they will have the same result the Raiders did when they were in LA when even the year they won the superbowl out there in LA,their stadium was half empty all the time cause nobody in LA cared about the Raiders. Same with the team in santa clara.NOBODY in santa clara cares about the niners and the SF fans have been priced out of the games.dumbass York along with other NFL owners have really destroyed the credibility of the game.:rolleyes:

That and parking. One poster here for instance is a Bills fan now that the Chargers are no longer in SD where he lives.The Bills are playing in carson this sunday so i asked him if he was planning on going to that game but he isnt because parking is a $100.00 there.

I know for sure beyond a doubt that is the case with the niners in santa clara why THEY have half empty stadiums all the time.that moron Jed York made it so that the regular season ticket holders in candlestick park did not have first shot at season tickets even though they deserved it.

The reason being is he catered to the rich big wig silicons out there giving them first shot at the best seats.That has backfired on him in a major way though because the rich bigwigs,they dont have the passion for the niners to show up and watch their games EVERY sunday and they sure as hell are not going to support them when they are losing..

when the Niners were in SF,they ALWAYS packed them in even when they were the joke of the league for over ten years before Harbaugh changed their fortunes.they packed them in because the average blue collar worker supported them every sunday through thick and thin and in the lean years.they were the ones that had passion enough to do that.

They wont do that in santa clara and the loyal fans are priced out because York has made the game day experience at the ballpark feel more corporate and the stadium a corporation for the fans instead of a great experience for the bay area fans.

People are greatly mistaken that if they win,things will change.the average loyal fan has been priced out that even if they win,they will have the same result the Raiders did when they were in LA when even the year they won the superbowl out there in LA,their stadium was half empty all the time cause nobody in LA cared about the Raiders. Same with the team in santa clara.NOBODY in santa clara cares about the niners and the SF fans have been priced out of the games.dumbass York along with other NFL owners have really destroyed the credibility of the game.:rolleyes:
Ticket prices and ticket sales, to be honest, are a small part of the overall finances of the NFL. There is a lot more in the broadcasting of the games, advertisement and related memorabilia sales.

Ticket sales do, of course, matter. They help keep the fans engaged. There are many, many fans that have never been to a game though so I think attendance at the games themselves is minor.

I cannot find accurate data that reflects actual sales either. I am not entirely sure that sales are down.

Soccer not a sport?

Not really.

Soccer is the worlds most popular sport and not by a little - by a massive margin. It does have something to do with cost but not cost of the team. It is largely due to the cost to play it as a child. All you need to play soccer is a ball - that's it. The majority of the worlds children that are not hooked into some digital entertainment find it in back ally or street soccer games.

I know I was kinda mostly joking, but the economic side of the sport does make it huge. It's not vehicles like Ferrarri's and Corvettes that are the most popular vehicles on the road. It's Fiesta's and Corolla's (and was the VW bug for decades). Economics drives the world, and soccer is by far more economically friendly of a sport than American Football. Plus has been around for centuries longer.

Ticket prices and ticket sales, to be honest, are a small part of the overall finances of the NFL. There is a lot more in the broadcasting of the games, advertisement and related memorabilia sales.

Ticket sales do, of course, matter. They help keep the fans engaged. There are many, many fans that have never been to a game though so I think attendance at the games themselves is minor.

I cannot find accurate data that reflects actual sales either. I am not entirely sure that sales are down.

Well the easiest way to tell that will be after the season when they adjust the salary cap. That's based off a % of revenue.

But is embarrassing for the league though to have to show games now where some of the stadiums are half empty as is the case with at least 1/4th of teams in the league.

yeah I knew college football was corrupt as well but NOWHERE near the extremes of the NFL.:lmao::haha::rofl:

For one thing,in college you get kicked out of the program for illegally spying on other teams video taping them PLUS they have not earned the title the NO FAN LOYALTY LEAGUE moving from one city to another as often as we change socks at the drop of a dime and then go and violate relocation rules the league made up that they are suppose to follow.:rolleyes:

Okay so the NFL can make rules but they dont have to follow them now? okay,gotcha.

College football is not ANYWHERE near the joke of corruption the NFL is because with the NFL,what is the sense in making rules if they are allowed to break them and dont even have to follow them?:rolleyes::cuckoo:

I am sure it is the same with you at your workplace as it is with me at mine where if I dont follow the rules the company sets forth for its employees.I will get fired in a heartbeat.:rolleyes:

I hope you are kidding right? I mean you are talking about NCAA sports. A completely tax free, government run institution covering hundreds of teams across multiple sports. No, the University of Florida isn't packing up and moving to Georgia. The only reason is that's impossible, otherwise you bet your ass if they could make a few million more they'd be on their way. College pimps... I mean coaches are the worst. Seriously, USC loses a national title because their coaching staff allowed players to get paid off and cheated. What happens to the assistant coach on that team? He gets a nice promotion since winning in the now is all that matters, not doing the best for the student.

Yes you get kicked out for spying (Actually I don't think Barry Switzer even got fined or anything when he admitted it, but lets pretend something happened). You can however get kicked out for eating a portion of pasta that's $3 too large. You can get benched for an entire year because the head coach who recruited you as a kid got himself kicked out of the school for hiring hookers for players and you don't want to play for them anymore. Seriously, you want to talk about the athletes with the fewest rights? Imagine if the NFL said "Sure you can be a free agent, but we will suspend you for a year before you change teams".

You know how hard it is to get kicked out of college football? You can pretend you have no idea your students were getting passing grades for classes they never even went to, or your assistant coaches are paying out millions to kids to send them to this agency or that one. Quick. Tell me with all the rules violations, with all the corruption, tell me how many coaches the NCAA, the governing body has banned from being in charge of college students?

The NFL is about profits. They are a business. It's why they make moves that benefit the business. College football hides under this guise that they are there to help students grow with something fun for them to do. Yeah. Coaches ruin students college athletic career by cheating and forfeiting seasons, then, because they can make a school money, another Athletic Director will hire them and put them in charge of student athletes lives again.

It’s not as if Div. I presidents had any desire to ask, let alone discover, how and why their schools land top recruits — so many with poor grades and so many from so far away. College presidents are fundraisers. If big donors demand winning basketball teams, the presidents allow their institutions of higher learning to serve as fronts.

If winning games isn’t the top priority, why are coaches by far the schools’ best-paid employees, with millions more paid to buy out the unsuccessful?

And it’s not as if the local district attorneys want to poke around in the Dumpster next to the athletic department to investigate that stench. They’ve got to worry about elections. Many are season-ticket holders, too. If local yahoos, especially wealthy yahoos with political clout, want their college team to win at any and all costs, why ruin their fun and risk their favor?

Either the NCAA is the most corrupt organization in sports, or the most ignorant (at least right there with FIFA and Olympics).

It's why Michigan pays gov't employee Jim Harbaugh more than all 50 Governors make in a year. What is it? something like the top 180 gov't employees work for the NCAA?

But is embarrassing for the league though to have to show games now where some of the stadiums are half empty as is the case with at least 1/4th of teams in the league.

Unfortunately that's not happening. You see when these people have to show camera shots of a stadium half empty and you see the cords drug across the field and players walking around without their helmets, it makes it pretty obvious they are having to lie to prove their point. And when you need to lie to make your point it ends any possibility that the point you are making carries any weight.

They also have to ignore the 3 hours of the game where time and again you see full stadiums. Please... Please I beg you, put some proof to your words. You see, you can show an empty stadium at halftime. But if there's 3 hours of a full stadium during the game, what are you proving? People get beer and hotdogs at halftime???

You are saying that 25% of the league can't fill half a stadium. That 8 teams are under 50% full every week.

This is easy. Name the teams. Pretty simple right? This is your claim. so 8 teams. Lets hear them.

Now remember here's an actual shot at the start of a game from the Chargers stadium (temp deal in LA). Which matches with the gate counts of the stadium being well over half full. So they are out (Don't care how many empty seats you can find taken at half time or end of blowouts, the stadium does get mostly full during games).

chargers.jpg

I hope you are kidding right? I mean you are talking about NCAA sports. A completely tax free, government run institution covering hundreds of teams across multiple sports. No, the University of Florida isn't packing up and moving to Georgia. The only reason is that's impossible, otherwise you bet your ass if they could make a few million more they'd be on their way. College pimps... I mean coaches are the worst. Seriously, USC loses a national title because their coaching staff allowed players to get paid off and cheated. What happens to the assistant coach on that team? He gets a nice promotion since winning in the now is all that matters, not doing the best for the student.

Yes you get kicked out for spying (Actually I don't think Barry Switzer even got fined or anything when he admitted it, but lets pretend something happened). You can however get kicked out for eating a portion of pasta that's $3 too large. You can get benched for an entire year because the head coach who recruited you as a kid got himself kicked out of the school for hiring hookers for players and you don't want to play for them anymore. Seriously, you want to talk about the athletes with the fewest rights? Imagine if the NFL said "Sure you can be a free agent, but we will suspend you for a year before you change teams".

You know how hard it is to get kicked out of college football? You can pretend you have no idea your students were getting passing grades for classes they never even went to, or your assistant coaches are paying out millions to kids to send them to this agency or that one. Quick. Tell me with all the rules violations, with all the corruption, tell me how many coaches the NCAA, the governing body has banned from being in charge of college students?

The NFL is about profits. They are a business. It's why they make moves that benefit the business. College football hides under this guise that they are there to help students grow with something fun for them to do. Yeah. Coaches ruin students college athletic career by cheating and forfeiting seasons, then, because they can make a school money, another Athletic Director will hire them and put them in charge of student athletes lives again.

It’s not as if Div. I presidents had any desire to ask, let alone discover, how and why their schools land top recruits — so many with poor grades and so many from so far away. College presidents are fundraisers. If big donors demand winning basketball teams, the presidents allow their institutions of higher learning to serve as fronts.

If winning games isn’t the top priority, why are coaches by far the schools’ best-paid employees, with millions more paid to buy out the unsuccessful?

And it’s not as if the local district attorneys want to poke around in the Dumpster next to the athletic department to investigate that stench. They’ve got to worry about elections. Many are season-ticket holders, too. If local yahoos, especially wealthy yahoos with political clout, want their college team to win at any and all costs, why ruin their fun and risk their favor?

Either the NCAA is the most corrupt organization in sports, or the most ignorant (at least right there with FIFA and Olympics).

It's why Michigan pays gov't employee Jim Harbaugh more than all 50 Governors make in a year. What is it? something like the top 180 gov't employees work for the NCAA?

if you were not someonw who had thier ass handed to them on a platter by me that 9/11 was an inside job who refused to look at the evidence from me and others,you cant expect me to read your bible ramblings here either.:lmao::lmao::lmao::haha:

Unfortunately that's not happening. You see when these people have to show camera shots of a stadium half empty and you see the cords drug across the field and players walking around without their helmets, it makes it pretty obvious they are having to lie to prove their point. And when you need to lie to make your point it ends any possibility that the point you are making carries any weight.

They also have to ignore the 3 hours of the game where time and again you see full stadiums. Please... Please I beg you, put some proof to your words. You see, you can show an empty stadium at halftime. But if there's 3 hours of a full stadium during the game, what are you proving? People get beer and hotdogs at halftime???

You are saying that 25% of the league can't fill half a stadium. That 8 teams are under 50% full every week.

This is easy. Name the teams. Pretty simple right? This is your claim. so 8 teams. Lets hear them.

Now remember here's an actual shot at the start of a game from the Chargers stadium (temp deal in LA). Which matches with the gate counts of the stadium being well over half full. So they are out (Don't care how many empty seats you can find taken at half time or end of blowouts, the stadium does get mostly full during games).

View attachment 161211

Dude the majority of those fans that show up for those games there are the opposing teams fans,if not for them,that place would be a ghost town.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

it is ONLY because of the opposing fans that the place is not a ghosttown all the time.:haha: Dolphin fans were talking about how it felt like a home game for them,that the majority of fans they saw in the place were all dolphin fans.:haha: I watched one of their games by accident when i was at a sports bar since i was watching my rams down there,it was a chiefs game and the announcers were saying a very big portion of the fans were chiefs fans,that it felt like a chiefs HOME game.

ALSO charger players have said their games there feel like they are on the road all the time,that they now rather TRAVEL on the road now it is so depressing to them.:haha:

here is some philadelphia eagle fans talking about how most the fans they saw there were eagle fans as well.:lmao:

okay let me rephrase that,other than the chargers,niners,and bears and browns,attendance is fine at NFL games.there happy.lol

Last edited:

View attachment 161211

Dude the majority of those fans that show up for those games there are the opposing teams fans,if not for them,that place would be a ghost town.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

it is ONLY because of the opposing fans that the place is not a ghosttown all the time.:haha: Dolphin fans were talking about how it felt like a home game for them,that the majority of fans they saw in the place were all dolphin fans.:haha: I watched one of their games by accident when i was at a sports bar since i was watching my rams down there,it was a chiefs game and the announcers were saying a very big portion of the fans were chiefs fans,that it felt like a chiefs HOME game.

ALSO charger players have said their games there feel like they are on the road all the time,that they now rather TRAVEL on the road now it is so depressing to them.:haha:

here is some philadelphia eagle fans talking about how most the fans they saw there were eagle fans as well.:lmao:

Hmm, looks like a lot of blue there. I guess... But makes sense. It's year 1 there so not like they have their own fan base yet. Reminds me of when the Ravens started off. Looked like the Black Hole when they faced the Raiders. Now they've got a strong following though.

But how does that mean they aren't selling tickets? I mean you are saying it's packed with football fans right? Seems like you are trying to deflect rather than just back up your assertion.

And you still haven't come up with a single team there. That's the funny part. You made an assertion of 8 teams. And you have to sit there and deflect that you can't find a single one it seems.

Forum List

Back