Bob Costas warns the future of Football is bleak.

Only the antics of the players have kept the Snowflakes from having feetsball banned 'cause of the damage to already addled little brains in the sub-simian, over-paid participants. Them monkeys kneeling may not be as stupid as they look.

Ya, bleak indeed.

nfl-league-team-sponsorship-revenue-worldwide.jpg

And there is no sign it is slowing at all. Whatever head injury problems exist for the players the NFL WILL find a way to mitigate it or, to be perfectly honest, accept it. There is simply to much money pouring into the system to see it fail and all indications are that the revenue is continually increasing. At the end of the day, the players will risk it for the money and fame and the consumers simply do not care. If they did they would be giving the problem more than lip service.

The players see what baseball and basketball players are walking away with and in 2 or 3 years once the current NFL collective bargaining contract ends things are expected to turn nasty. Another strike or lockout will cause the league to take it on the chin.

FWIW, there is a notable decline in the popularity of "yoot" football, especially among middle and higher class whites. Midget leagues are shrinking, teams are shrinking, parents are steering their kids to other sports - even "soccer," which may not even be a sport.

But watching college and pro football is ingrained in the American culture. On television, from a distance, it is easy to forget (and it's a good thing) that these players are largely genetic mutant, semi-literate, would-be criminals, who would be frightening if encountered after dark.

Long live the NFL!

Who needs the NFL when you have College Football (NCAAF)

Plus, what working person can watch many of their games anyway? Late Thursday night? Late Sunday Night? Superbowl Sunday? Pfft.

FWIW, there is a notable decline in the popularity of "yoot" football, especially among middle and higher class whites. Midget leagues are shrinking, teams are shrinking, parents are steering their kids to other sports - even "soccer," which may not even be a sport.

But watching college and pro football is ingrained in the American culture. On television, from a distance, it is easy to forget (and it's a good thing) that these players are largely genetic mutant, semi-literate, would-be criminals, who would be frightening if encountered after dark.

Long live the NFL!

Many retired football players are steering their kids away from the game
With the possibility of having to pay for brain injuries, Insurance may become too expensive for many HS and college programs.

The game itself is changing with less contact and more penalties. I think the game will be noticeably different in 20 years but will still be a big draw

Ya, bleak indeed.

nfl-league-team-sponsorship-revenue-worldwide.jpg

And there is no sign it is slowing at all. Whatever head injury problems exist for the players the NFL WILL find a way to mitigate it or, to be perfectly honest, accept it. There is simply to much money pouring into the system to see it fail and all indications are that the revenue is continually increasing. At the end of the day, the players will risk it for the money and fame and the consumers simply do not care. If they did they would be giving the problem more than lip service.

Yeah sadly,I'm afraid you are right.

The players see what baseball and basketball players are walking away with and in 2 or 3 years once the current NFL collective bargaining contract ends things are expected to turn nasty. Another strike or lockout will cause the league to take it on the chin.

that will be interesting to see indeed.

College is more corrupt and cost taxpayers more.

Yeah thats true,college they are corrupt as well.same with the NFL,too much money on the line with them as well so the games are fixed there as well. sad that the only way i can see a non biased fairly officiated game with the outcome not planned is having to go watch your local high school team play.

Long live the NFL!
Soccer not a sport?

The most watched, played and loved sport on the planet?

Long live the NFL!
Soccer not a sport?

give me soccer anyday of the year over the corruption of college and NFL football.:thup:

Long live the NFL!
Soccer not a sport?

The only sport where if the ball hits you in the head.....people don't laugh at you

for USMB's resident troll Wrongwinger who has done nothing but this for the past two years because he was proven wrong by me on his ramblings that the Rams would never come back to LA. here baby,here is a kleenex box for you to cry in your defeat that you were so sure would NEVER happen on the Rams.
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::itsok::itsok:

8E6Z4.gif

we now know what wrongwinger looks like in real life.
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

for USMB's resident troll Wrongwinger who has done nothing but this for the past two years because he was proven wrong by me on his ramblings that the Rams would never come back to LA. here baby,here is a kleenex box for you to cry in your defeat that you were so sure would NEVER happen on the Rams.
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::itsok::itsok:

8E6Z4.gif

we now know what wrongwinger looks like in real life.
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Do I own this bitch or what?

glad you agree with me wrongwinger that pic i discovered of you there crying on being wrong about the Rams is hysterical.:up: dont know which is MORE hysterical that you are butthurt over,your hero Hitlery not getting elected like you so much thought for sure would happen,or the Rams coming back to LA which you also never dreamed of happening.:haha:Its comedy gold that you are so butthurt over both of these two issues so badly that you whine and cry about it here constantly all the time week after week month after month.:lmao::rofl::haha::itsok::itsok:

Last edited:
as everyone here that knows me knows,I would love for this to happen.At least see the end of the corrupt NFL cartel anyways. Would hate to see college football suffer but if thats what it takes to end the corruption in the NFL,i am all for it and hope Costas is right.

Bob Costas warns future of football is bleak because sport 'destroys people's brains'

No offense but saying you dislike corruption in sports and mentioning you like NCAA football is like saying you really dislike scientologists but Tom Cruise is your idol.

I think things will change. I mean Football has grown insanely quick the past 15 or so years. Unless it really catches on outside of the US, which while it is showing good signs, is far from certain, I think the US market is saturated.

People talk about a strike. That's pretty unlikely. Had a couple of them, and both times the players crossed picket lines in a hurry and nothing negative came out of it (in fact it led to the NFL's best era for growth).

Why? NFL players careers are what? 97% of players will NEVER see a paycheck lost for suspension. So while the Union fights and makes a big deal, for 97% of players, getting the largest cut of the cash is worth so much more than winning any sort of benefits on suspensions. Because if they are going to win something there, they need to give back something elsewhere. And every single time there's a CBA discussion the only thing that comes down to the players is Money. We saw that when the NFL was talking about splitting 50/50 a payment for retired players. That's coming out of current NFL player paychecks (even if it's only half from there) and they said no. So while they may talk and stand up as a union in word against that, they will not make concessions for it.

Also the average career is what? 2-3 years? An owner has 20-30 years of owning a team. Cull one season and that's 5% of his lifetime earnings. Strike and that's 50% of a players potential income. For what? 5% more of the profit pie? For the 5% of the 3% of NFL players who are suspended that players truly feel is unfair can get a paycheck? Nope. We saw it last CBA. Labor stopped until the second it's gonna affect paychecks, and the second that was about to happen the players union was at the table, pen in hand, asking where to sign.

So yeah, cord cutting may hurt the NFL. Last I saw NFL viewership was down 5%. And TV viewership as a whole down 10%. So the NFL is staying stronger than average vs. TV media.

People think a 5% drop off of all time highs is something bad. We just had a world series game 7 with 28 million viewers. 30 years ago game 7 was pulling 50-60 million viewers. Game 1 was blowing out those numbers.

NBA just had a year where a finals drew an average of 20 million viewers. 20 years ago that average was about 29 million.

You think today's NBA and MLB players are hurting financially because they lose 35-50% of their viewers? Of course not. Sure they had the talks. Steroids are gonna cause people to turn off baseball. Alan Iverson and the rap culture is going to turn people off of basketball. Those sports are going to suffer and die. And some owners got scared and got out and sold their teams. Honestly I think they are doing pretty well financially. I think NBA players are doing just fine financially, even with a drop off that is absolutely insanely larger than the one the NFL has seen recently.

Last edited:

Long live the NFL!
:lmao:

Forum List

Back