Board of Elections "gaffe" may keep NY Soldiers from the right to vote

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
The Board of Elections is facing another "royal screwup" - this time for failing to ship absentee ballots to New York troops serving overseas.

"Our troops sacrifice their lives to protect our freedoms. They should never, ever be denied the right to vote," said Sen. Chuck Schumer, who pushed a 2009 law establishing deadlines for mailing absentee ballots.
New York election officials were required to ship the ballots to U.S. citizens living overseas by Sept. 17. Because New York primaries were held Sept. 14, the feds granted local officials an extension until Oct. 1.
Several New York counties blew past the extension - including the city's five boroughs.

Schumer urged election officials to rush delivery of the ballots to ensure that military votes are counted.

"Put these ballots on the next plane to Afghanistan," Schumer demanded. "There is absolutely no excuse for failing to get this done."

New York State Board of Elections officials informed the feds late
last week of their failure to meet the Oct. 1 deadline, which also occurred in Westchester, Putnam, Erie and Niagara counties.

In all, there are 49,468 registered overseas voters in New York State, 20,172 of whom are in the military.

In the five boroughs, there are 36,446 registered overseas voters, including 6,557 who serve in the armed forces, election officials said.
"We send our young men and women overseas to fight and die for us, and we don't care enough to make sure they get the right to exercise their franchise?" fumed Mayor Bloomberg.

"That's what they're over there fighting for as much as anything else," he added.

City election officials said the absentee ballots for New Yorkers fighting abroad began getting shipped out on Sunday - 10 days past deadline.

Read it all here:

Board of Elections gaffe may nullify New York soldiers' overseas absentee ballots

Now, given how Democrats were using all kinds of "justifications" to keep military ballots (because they knew they were for Bush) out of the tally for Bush v. Gore, in 2000, and how in trouble Democrats are this year, I have a bit of skepticism about this "gaffe."

Isn't it funny how in heavily Democrat districts like that, they have a problem counting military ballots.

i'm confused. the military expends billions of dollars of our budget and our deficit, and they have paper ballots? i don't buy it. at least describe some online failure or other shortcoming. sometimes, propaganda really can do better.

i'm confused. the military expends billions of dollars of our budget and our deficit, and they have paper ballots? i don't buy it. at least describe some online failure or other shortcoming. sometimes, propaganda really can do better.

Call yourself a 'patriot' and dismiss the very real issue of getting ballot papers out to our military?

Really?

What a fucking moron you are. This has been an ongoing complaint from the Military for years.

youre the one who takes up half the screen with an explanation of how much of a bitch you are. i didn't say that, just look at your screen. it's unavoidable. to be honest, i've never really read any of your quotes, because i got too much of a headache seeing that long ass quote in bold letters, about you being a ****, that dwarfs anything you might type.

Awfully convenient "Gaffe" in my book and something thats happened many times in the past.

I guess screwing it up is just part of the process when it comes to getting the overseas ballots out. Jeeze.

Last edited:
youre the one who takes up half the screen with an explanation of how much of a bitch you are. i didn't say that, just look at your screen. it's unavoidable. to be honest, i've never really read any of your quotes, because i got too much of a headache seeing that long ass quote in bold letters, about you being a ****, that dwarfs anything you might type.

how about if you keep your potty mouth in the flame zone, ace? if you want to sit at the adult table, act like one, mkay?

Yes it's pretty clear that the Democrats and their "Community Organizer" cretins are going to rig coming Elections by way of Absentee Voting and especially the Military Vote. Their strategy is pretty clear to anyone paying attention. They should arrest these Board of Election assholes immediately. This "gaffe" was no accident. The Democrats are doing this all over the nation. The Democrats have been shafting our Military for years so this shouldn't really surprise anyone though. Beware of the "Community Organizers" in November. They are very powerful and will be rigging many Elections. It is very sad but it is what it is.

This story is just breaking and many more people are beginning to become outraged over this blatant attempt by the Democrats to rig NY Elections. Arrests should be made in my opinion.

It's not a gaffe, it's not an error.

It's fucking common.

I can send a letter from NY to CA in 3 days, no extra payment needed.
To get it across the Atlantic takes at least 7 days.

Every year I was over seas my ballot didn't get to me on time, every single time it was late. And if I was underway? forget it. pfft, one year I got it a month after the election.

Yes it's pretty clear that the Democrats and their "Community Organizer" cretins are going to rig coming Elections by way of Absentee Voting and especially the Military Vote. Their strategy is pretty clear to anyone paying attention. They should arrest these Board of Election assholes immediately. This "gaffe" was no accident. The Democrats are doing this all over the nation. The Democrats have been shafting our Military for years so this shouldn't really surprise anyone though. Beware of the "Community Organizers" in November. They are very powerful and will be rigging many Elections. It is very sad but it is what it is.

That isn't accurate. To make it clear you should have said decades, or since Reagan left Office.

If the military had an overwhelming tendency to vote Democrat, this wouldn't be happening.

Not true...at least in my case. When I was a registered Republican in the late 1970s and early 80s (yes I voted for reagan in 1980), my TX voter registration and absentee ballot got to me just fine...then, when I saw the mess the Republicans were making and I switched parties to Democrat...suddenly my absentee ballot was not coming to me. I did not vote in 1984 because of a failure to send me my absentee ballot.

The Board of Elections is facing another "royal screwup" - this time for failing to ship absentee ballots to New York troops serving overseas.

"Our troops sacrifice their lives to protect our freedoms. They should never, ever be denied the right to vote," said Sen. Chuck Schumer, who pushed a 2009 law establishing deadlines for mailing absentee ballots.
New York election officials were required to ship the ballots to U.S. citizens living overseas by Sept. 17. Because New York primaries were held Sept. 14, the feds granted local officials an extension until Oct. 1.
Several New York counties blew past the extension - including the city's five boroughs.

Schumer urged election officials to rush delivery of the ballots to ensure that military votes are counted.

"Put these ballots on the next plane to Afghanistan," Schumer demanded. "There is absolutely no excuse for failing to get this done."

New York State Board of Elections officials informed the feds late
last week of their failure to meet the Oct. 1 deadline, which also occurred in Westchester, Putnam, Erie and Niagara counties.

In all, there are 49,468 registered overseas voters in New York State, 20,172 of whom are in the military.

In the five boroughs, there are 36,446 registered overseas voters, including 6,557 who serve in the armed forces, election officials said.
"We send our young men and women overseas to fight and die for us, and we don't care enough to make sure they get the right to exercise their franchise?" fumed Mayor Bloomberg.

"That's what they're over there fighting for as much as anything else," he added.

City election officials said the absentee ballots for New Yorkers fighting abroad began getting shipped out on Sunday - 10 days past deadline.

Read it all here:

Board of Elections gaffe may nullify New York soldiers' overseas absentee ballots

Now, given how Democrats were using all kinds of "justifications" to keep military ballots (because they knew they were for Bush) out of the tally for Bush v. Gore, in 2000, and how in trouble Democrats are this year, I have a bit of skepticism about this "gaffe."

Isn't it funny how in heavily Democrat districts like that, they have a problem counting military ballots.

Looks like there are more non-military ballots than military ballots that they won't be counting.

The nature of the absentee ballot and timing to mail them is determined by the individual state, not the military.

Forum List

Back