Board of Elections "gaffe" may keep NY Soldiers from the right to vote

i'm confused. the military expends billions of dollars of our budget and our deficit, and they have paper ballots? i don't buy it. at least describe some online failure or other shortcoming. sometimes, propaganda really can do better.

The nature of the absentee ballot and timing to mail them is determined by the individual state, not the military.

You're misinformed:

DOD Denies 4 States Military Ballot Law Waiver - ABC News

DOD Denies 4 States Military Ballot Law Waiver

By SCOTT BAUER Associated Press Writer
MADISON, Wis. August 27, 2010 (AP)

By SCOTT BAUER

The Associated Press

Four states, the District of Columbia and the U.S.
Virgin Islands were denied requests on Friday to
ignore a new federal law meant to protect the voting
rights of deployed troops and other Americans
overseas, while five states were granted the waiver.

Not getting the waiver calls into question how the
affected states  Wisconsin, Hawaii, Alaska and
Colorado  will comply with deadlines for
counting all votes cast for the Nov. 2 election by
members of the military and other Americans living
overseas.

The Defense Department granted Delaware, New
York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Washington
the waivers...

i'm confused. the military expends billions of dollars of our budget and our deficit, and they have paper ballots? i don't buy it. at least describe some online failure or other shortcoming. sometimes, propaganda really can do better.

The nature of the absentee ballot and timing to mail them is determined by the individual state, not the military.

You're misinformed:

DOD Denies 4 States Military Ballot Law Waiver

By SCOTT BAUER Associated Press Writer
MADISON, Wis. August 27, 2010 (AP)

By SCOTT BAUER

The Associated Press

Four states, the District of Columbia and the U.S.
Virgin Islands were denied requests on Friday to
ignore a new federal law meant to protect the voting
rights of deployed troops and other Americans
overseas, while five states were granted the waiver.

Not getting the waiver calls into question how the
affected states  Wisconsin, Hawaii, Alaska and
Colorado  will comply with deadlines for
counting all votes cast for the Nov. 2 election by
members of the military and other Americans living
overseas.

The Defense Department granted Delaware, New
York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Washington
the waivers...

Hardly. Your link doesn't change the fact that the states are responsible for mailing the absentee ballots to military member, and not the military.

From your link:
Wisconsin and other states with August and September primaries sought the waiver saying they don't have enough time to formalize the ballot and get it sent to those voters by the Sept. 18 deadline

Sounds more like piss poor management by the state election boards.

You're misinformed:

Hardly. Your link doesn't change the fact that the states are responsible for mailing the absentee ballots to military member, and not the military.

From your link:
Wisconsin and other states with August and September primaries sought the waiver saying they don't have enough time to formalize the ballot and get it sent to those voters by the Sept. 18 deadline

Because of irregularities in the past, the Feds passed a 'get out date law.' These states chose, once again, not to.

Democrats rigging Elections? No way? Can't be? Watch the Absentee Voting and especially Military Voting very closely on Election Day. It's clear that this is a Democratic strategy to rig things. Things are going to be ugly.

From your link:

Because of irregularities in the past, the Feds passed a 'get out date law.' These states chose, once again, not to.

Which is about piss poor management at the state level, and has nothing to do with the post to which I originally responded. Absentee ballots are a state responsibility, not the military's.

From your link:

Which is about piss poor management at the state level, and has nothing to do with the post to which I originally responded. Absentee ballots are a state responsibility, not the military's.

Following Federal laws is a state responsibility. It's unfair to the military and the country not to allow them the opportunity to vote. Everyone should be mad.

If the military had an overwhelming tendency to vote Democrat, this wouldn't be happening.

Not true...at least in my case. When I was a registered Republican in the late 1970s and early 80s (yes I voted for reagan in 1980), my TX voter registration and absentee ballot got to me just fine...then, when I saw the mess the Republicans were making and I switched parties to Democrat...suddenly my absentee ballot was not coming to me. I did not vote in 1984 because of a failure to send me my absentee ballot.

And you think everything now works exactly the way it did then?

Following Federal laws is a state responsibility. It's unfair to the military and the country not to allow them the opportunity to vote. Everyone should be mad.

I agree, and that's been my point this entire thread.

Call yourself a 'patriot' and dismiss the very real issue of getting ballot papers out to our military?

Really?

What a fucking moron you are. This has been an ongoing complaint from the Military for years.

oh... i thought you were talking to the tea party imbecile.

Forum List

Back