Blame

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
More than enough to go around. Yet, GW and the adminstration hasn't 'turned the tables.'

http://www.brendanloy.com/2005/09/its-busses-stupid.html
The Irish Trojan's Blog
"It's the busses, stupid"
# 9/02/2005 05:46:00 PM EST
Posted by Brendan

Mayor Ray Nagin is getting a lot of positive press for berating federal officials yesterday, saying they need to "get their asses moving," stop calling "goddamn press conferences," and help his drowned city.

Well, bully for you, Mayor Nagin, way to talk tough. Unfortunately, you are the one who had the power to save the people of your city -- before Katrina struck -- and you failed miserably, as I noted at the time. And now, here is yet more evidence of your inexcusable negligence.

Because your plan (ha! like you had a plan) didn't involve actually evacuating the people you "ordered" to evacuate -- even though you could have evacuated them, or at least a whole hell of a lot of them, if you'd, well, had a plan -- you're out 205 buses, and perhaps 10,000 people.

"Too many cooks in the kitchen"? How about, "one too many idiots in the mayor's office"?

Did I say it's too early to play the blame game? I take that back. I blame you, Ray Nagin. Maybe not just you... but definitely, definitely you.

P.S. Take that "10,000" figure with a grain of salt. As I noted before, "wild early estimates of death tolls, formulated when everything seems utterly bleak and based on guesswork rather than facts, are sometimes wrong."

dilloduck said:
Oh ya---this is one hot political potato and whoever the media can stick with it is screwed.

Gee, I thought you thought it was all the blacks fault?

dilloduck said:
No there you go misreading me again----the first person I blame is white

Not sure what you are speaking of, but if you will drop the diatribes against blacks and jews, :cool:

The fricking Governor has a hole ball of (that stinky brown substance) to eat herself. How could a Governor in a State that faces hurricanes yearly and has a major city under sea level not have boats and personnel prepared to bring aid to people in that city if there is flooding? What unreasonable fatuous boob would sit there and expect all aid to be from the Federal Government. FEMA is made to support and strengthen local efforts, when there are no efforts locally they have to build their own infrastructure in order to bring aid, this takes time.

I am amazed at how quickly the Feds were able to bring aid considering there was absolutely no local planning at the City or State level.

What incompetent fatuous boobs!

Forum List

Back