Blame Oil Speculators, Not Obama, For Rising Oil Prices

Remember when we said "Drill here, drill now" and you idiots said that it wouldn't reduce the price of oil for years?

Well, it's been years...had we started then, Iran and OPEC would have a much smaller impacted on supply.

I see Lakota has made the exact same asinine argument in this very very thread..."how could a pipline..." yada, yada, yada.

We should have began drilling our own oil LAST TIME this crisis reared it's head.

Instead, once again we are forced by liberals to be reactive instead of proactive.

Remember when we said "Drill here, drill now" and you idiots said that it wouldn't reduce the price of oil for years?

Well, it's been years...had we started then, Iran and OPEC would have a much smaller impacted on supply.

I see Lakota has made the exact same asinine argument in this very very thread..."how could a pipline..." yada, yada, yada.

We should have began drilling our own oil LAST TIME this crisis reared it's head.

Instead, once again we are forced by liberals to be reactive instead of proactive.

Did you bother reading the OP?

But there’s little truth to claims that Obama has curbed U.S. oil production and driven up gas prices in the process. As NPR noted this morning, the number of drilling rigs in U.S. oil fields has quadrupled under Obama and domestic oil production hit an 8-year high in 2011. For the first time in 60 years, the U.S. is now a net fuel exporter.

Honestly, Lakhota.. Obama's going to get blamed for high gas prices, it's a fact of life..

The fact that we are domestically drilling for more oil and gas than ever apparently doesn't sink into the thick skulls of these poltical ideogues.

These rapid spikes and corrections in our oil and gas prices have damned little to do with the amount of domestic drilling.

Its like the very folks on this board who CLAIM to love capitalism don't have freaking clue how market forces actually work!

The fact that we are domestically drilling for more oil and gas than ever apparently doesn't sink into the thick skulls of these poltical ideogues.

These rapid spikes and corrections in our oil and gas prices have damned little to do with the amount of domestic drilling.

Its like the very folks on this board who CLAIM to love capitalism don't have freaking clue how market forces actually work!

We know how market forces work. When you print tons of money & send it to China, they use it to buy all your food & energy. Simple.

When November rolls around people will vote for or against Obama based upon their personal financial situation. If unemployed and they think the government will help them out, they'll vote for him.

If employed and costs are going up faster than salary they'll vote against him.

They don't hold congressional critters to the same standard, it's the president that gets the props for good or bad economy.

come on folks, you KNOW there ain't NOTHING the fault of the Obama and his comrades in arms..

:lol:

Don't think Barry or any Prez has much to do with the price of gas.

So, if Obama decided to start bombing Iran tomorrow, you don't think the price of oil would go up even faster than it is now?

I would agree that Presidents can't do much to bring the price of gasoline down, but they sure can take actions that will drive the price up.

Like deciding to invade an oil producing country. Who did that?

why did oil skyrocket in 2002?

If my memory still works, I think '02 was when we here in the USA started discussing the need to invade Iraq. Destabilize an oil producing country in an oil producing area and the price rise for oil is a certainty.

Record profits for oil companies has happened most of the years since '04.

Now we are talking about going to war with Iran. And the price of oil goes up. No surprise.

why did oil skyrocket in 2002?

If my memory still works, I think '02 was when we here in the USA started discussing the need to invade Iraq. Destabilize an oil producing country in an oil producing area and the price rise for oil is a certainty.

Record profits for oil companies has happened most of the years since '04.

Now we are talking about going to war with Iran. And the price of oil goes up. No surprise.

Imagine a world wide company making profits world wide :eek:

Liberals upset they cant tax money made in other countries. :lol:

Blame anybody but obama. There is an unbelievable list of what to blame so obama can escape responsibility for his policies.

Your team screwed us with their wars for oil.

Cheneys bank account won and the American people lost

These same "oil speculators" are the ones who drove oil to $10 a barrel in 1999.
Their decisions are based on a myriad of factors which change on a daily basis.

I doubt we'll see $10 oil again, but I predict it will crater to $40 in a few years.

Eventually it will be a dead industry.

How many years we spend kissing the asses of the desperate people gleening money from a dying industry will be the big question.

And why are you trying the same lie in this thread you already tried to weasel out of in another thread?

Inflation adjusted Gasoline Price Chart

YES this chart shows a skyrocket of gas prices after 2002 talk of hitting of Iraq.

Lying wont change that

and your moving the goal posts (lying) doesn't make you suddenly correct.

You did not say AFTER 2002... you said IN 2002...
Inflation adjusted Gasoline Price Chart

this is a nearly 100 year chart.

why did gas skyrocket in 2002?

Forum List

Back