Blame Bush now?

If you want to defend the sliming and the insulting of the troops - go ahead

They are protecting your right to do so at this very minute

poor guy...

you have the credibility of a slug betting that he can take a salt bath.

If you want to defend the sliming and the insulting of the troops - go ahead

They are protecting your right to do so at this very minute

Care to defend the troops?

On May 30sth, US troops shot and killed two Iraqi women one of whom was pregnant. Nabiha Nisaif Jassim and her cousin Saliha Mohammed Hassan were in a car going to Samarra General hospital where Nabiha was about to give birth. US troops said their car failed to stop in a prohibited zone despite warnings. But new information from an Iraqi human rights investigator contradicts the military's version of events. And the brother of the pregnant woman, Redam Nisaif Jassim, who was driving the car has also said that he did not see or hear any warnings by the military.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=06/06/14/1424235

Eight soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division will be court-martialed on murder charges stemming from their service in Iraq, including two who face a death sentence for allegedly raping a 14-year-old girl and killing her and her family....

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2006/10/18/162854/12

Aug. 16, 2004 –Hundreds of claims alleging that US troops have stolen money and property during raids on Iraqi homes have been filed at the Iraqi Assistance Center in Baghdad, one of 60 such claims offices established across Iraq. Since American personnel are immune to charges from Iraqi courts, it is up to the US military itself to investigate and prosecute such cases.

http://newstandardnews.net/content/index.cfm/items/832

I have given 3 examples, (equal # to your own) of instances of wrong doing by the troops.

By the generalizing standards of RSR in regards to Dems "Sliming the troops", these examples should be enough evidence for someone like RSR o encompass ALL of the american military to be expected to repeat these acts.

But they dont, and they arent.

Not ALL Dems are sliming the troops, but when Dems do, sometimes they have a reason.

Which you RSR have conveniently avoided addressing.

It is not stereotyping when it is true

You help make my case everytime you post

Troops help Iraqis secure neighborhood
by SOPnewswire

Posted January 10, 2007

BAGHDAD — The ramp drops, the sun rises and the troops emerge. The missions vary and everyone has a different, but equally important job. The troops on the ground in Baghdad work every job from quick reaction force to humanitarian missions.

The mission for Soldiers with Company B, 1st Battalion, 23rd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, changes daily. Everyone has a different job in the company – from driver to gunner to dismounted infantry.

Even when they are not on an official mission they wait next to their Styker vehicles for the call to duty out on the streets securing neighborhoods and assisting the Iraqi security forces at need.

http://www.thesop.org/index.php?id=3823

Minnesota troops help Iraqis open water treatment plant
Associated Press

Last update: October 11, 2006 – 11:30 AM

A new water treatment plant has opened in Iraqwith help from Minnesota National Guard troops.

The soldiers last week helped the Iraqi people open a water treatment plant with a reverse osmosis system, and also a city park in the community of Al Batha.

The water table in Al Batha is high, and salt rises to the surface, making it undrinkable. Water from the Euphrates River also is undrinkable due to contamination.

The request for help came from the newly formed city council.

Lt. Col. Larry Herke is chief of staff for the 1st Brigade combat team, 34th Infantry Division. He says the new water system will mean a healthier community and also decrease the amount of time Iraqis travel to get clean water.

The plant was paid for by the Iraqi people but the troops provided resources and knowledge.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/735764.htlm

Georgia Guard Troops Help Ailing Iraqi Teen
By U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Britt Smith

Soldiers from the 48th Brigade Combat Team arranged for an ailing Iraqi teen to be evaluated at a combat support hospital and then transfered to Baghdad for additional treatment.
CAMP ADDER, AN NASIRIYAH, Iraq, Jan. 6, 2006 - In the middle of a country where medical care is tough to come by, a new bond was recently forged between Georgia's Army National Guard soldiers and local Iraqi citizens. Ibitisam Hameed Kassar, a 17-year-old Iraqi girl from the An Nasiriyah area, was born with a rare blood vessel disorder called pulmonary hypertension.

"It gives the Iraqi people a new perspective about Americans. We are the final stop for many of them with regard to medical care." U.S. Army 1st Lt. Fernando Mendez

This rare condition causes severe shortness of breath as well as fatigue, chest pain and dizziness. Ibitisam lives in an area of Iraq where physical ability to work is necessary for all aspects of life, school included. Her condition made it difficult, if not impossible, to walk to school or to work the small plot of land her family calls home. As a result she has spent the majority of her young life inside her home, unable to do much more than smile and keep her mother company during the day.

Hope for any treatment was remote and unlikely, that is until the 48th Brigade Combat Team showed up a few months ago.

The 48th Brigade's civil affairs team heard about her plight and arranged for her to be seen at the Camp Adder base hospital staffed by the 10th Combat Support Hospital out of Fort Sill, Okalahoma.
http://newsblaze.com/story/20060106223444nnnn.nb/topstory.html

Jim Webb, USNA 68 , Marine, Vietnam vet, Navy Cross winner, Secretary of the Navy for Reagan, US Senator

RSR is not qualified to lick his boots.

and supporter of the Dems surrender bill - you left that part out

No...I didn't leave it out... I have told you enough times that the democrat's funding bill that contained troop withdrawal deadlines was NOT a "surrender bill". I have told you enough times that 57% of the American public supported that bill and were PISSED that Bush vetoed it. I have told you enough time that I am all for taking the fight to Islamic extremism. I have told you enough times that I disagree only with the invasion of Iraq, not the war on terror.....because I truly believe that the war in Iraq is hurting our efforts to defeat Islamic extremism. You can disagree with me, and you obviously do, even though you are unable to articulate your disagreement with anything other than petty insults...but when you denigrate my patriotism, or the patriotism of real American heroes like Jim Webb, I am going to call you on it.

I AM glad you tacitly admitted that you are not, in fact, qualified to lick his boots.

No...I didn't leave it out... I have told you enough times that the democrat's funding bill that contained troop withdrawal deadlines was NOT a "surrender bill". I have told you enough times that 57% of the American public supported that bill and were PISSED that Bush vetoed it. I have told you enough time that I am all for taking the fight to Islamic extremism. I have told you enough times that I disagree only with the invasion of Iraq, not the war on terror.....because I truly believe that the war in Iraq is hurting our efforts to defeat Islamic extremism. You can disagree with me, and you obviously do, even though you are unable to articulate your disagreement with anything other than petty insults...but when you denigrate my patriotism, or the patriotism of real American heroes like Jim Webb, I am going to call you on it.

I AM glad you tacitly admitted that you are not, in fact, qualified to lick his boots.

Libs are going to try and bring back the surrender bill - that should lower their approval numbers even more

Why should I lick Webb's boots - you are doing such a good job already. You are one of the biggest liberal boot lickers and liberal ass kissers around

Support the troops ??

What about the wounded RSR?

whos is to blame for their poor care??

President Bush, former defense secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld and members of Congress have promised the best care during their regular visits to the hospital's spit-polished amputee unit, Ward 57.

"We owe them all we can give them," Bush said during his last visit, a few days before Christmas. "Not only for when they're in harm's way, but when they come home to help them adjust if they have wounds, or help them adjust after their time in service."

On the worst days, soldiers say they feel like they are living a chapter of "Catch-22." The wounded manage other wounded. Soldiers dealing with psychological disorders of their own have been put in charge of others at risk of suicide.

Disengaged clerks, unqualified platoon sergeants and overworked case managers fumble with simple needs: feeding soldiers' families who are close to poverty, replacing a uniform ripped off by medics in the desert sand or helping a brain-damaged soldier remember his next appointment.

"We've done our duty. We fought the war. We came home wounded. Fine. But whoever the people are back here who are supposed to give us the easy transition should be doing it," said Marine Sgt. Ryan Groves, 26, an amputee who lived at Walter Reed for 16 months. "We don't know what to do. The people who are supposed to know don't have the answers. It's a nonstop process of stalling....."

.....Yet at a deeper level, the soldiers say they feel alone and frustrated. Seventy-five percent of the troops polled by Walter Reed last March said their experience was "stressful." Suicide attempts and unintentional overdoses from prescription drugs and alcohol, which is sold on post, are part of the narrative here........

........."They've been behind from Day One," said Rep. Thomas M. Davis III (R-Va.), who headed the House Government Reform Committee, which investigated problems at Walter Reed and other Army facilities. "Even the stuff they've fixed has only been patched."

Among the public, Davis said, "there's vast appreciation for soldiers, but there's a lack of focus on what happens to them" when they return. "It's awful."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/17/AR2007021701172.html

Libs are going to try and bring back the surrender bill - that should lower their approval numbers even more

Why should I lick Webb's boots - you are doing such a good job already. You are one of the biggest liberal boot lickers and liberal ass kissers around

given the fact that a significant majority of americans support the democrat's funding bill with troop withdrawal deadlines, it would seem you are wrong about that.

I admire Jim Webb and have since I was a plebe. I don't lick his boots. You, on the other hand are a chickenhawk who, in my opinion, has not earned the right to disrespect an American hero like Webb.

given the fact that a significant majority of americans support the democrat's funding bill with troop withdrawal deadlines, it would seem you are wrong about that.

I admire Jim Webb and have since I was a plebe. I don't lick his boots. You, on the other hand are a chickenhawk who, in my opinion, has not earned the right to disrespect an American hero like Webb.

But you sure kiss his ass

If Webb would become Pope - you could get away kissing only his ring

Another example of government run health care - something the libs want for all of us

are you suggesting that when soldiers are wounded on the battlefield, that the Army make them cover the costs of their own care through their own private insurer?

are you suggesting that when soldiers are wounded on the battlefield, that the Army make them cover the costs of their own care through their own private insurer?

Walter Reed was a governemnt run health care facility - just want libs want for all of Amercia

If a private firm can do the job better then the US government (which would not surprise me) let the firm run it

But you sure kiss his ass

If Webb would become Pope - you could get away kissing only his ring

is this what passes for a joke in your jr high playground?

damn, dude..

have you even left the stage where you throw rocks at the pretty girl on the playground yet?

Walter Reed was a governemnt run health care facility - just want libs want for all of Amercia

If a private firm can do the job better then the US government (which would not surprise me) let the firm run it

yea.. why not let a wal-mart of hospitols give veterans discount health services if people like RSR thinks they could save a buck..

thats real supportive of you, rsr...

make sure you pretend to support the troops while casting them off to the Shop-n-Save of medical care...

yea.. why not let a wal-mart of hospitols give veterans discount health services if people like RSR thinks they could save a buck..

thats real supportive of you, rsr...

make sure you pretend to support the troops while casting them off to the Shop-n-Save of medical care...

In most cases. a private firm can do the job better then government

Last I checked the Military runs its healthcare and when your out the VA takes over. Neither being run by the President. The problems are institutional and span a lot of administrations. Blaming Bush is a joke in this case.

the quote was from the article, and Bush did say,

"We owe them all we can give them," Bush said during his last visit, a few days before Christmas. "Not only for when they're in harm's way, but when they come home to help them adjust if they have wounds, or help them adjust after their time in service."

Ill blame Bush any time he makes a claim and doesnt follow through while his adminsitration is in power.

Or is Bush not responsible or accountable for anything?

When a soldier is wounded, and Bush says dont worry, you will be taken care of, you dont think its Bush's problem?

as you said

"Military runs its healthcare and when your out the VA takes over"

Then Bush should not make promises to wounded soldiers.

And all those in the adminstration should not be touting the "Support Our Troops" slogan, if they do not intend to support the wounded as well.

Forum List

Back