Blame Bush now?

Discussion in 'Military' started by RetiredGySgt, Jun 15, 2007.

1. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,930
    Gen Pace is being replaced on October 2nd as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. I know the Democrats and the Liberals all claim that Bush has fired this General or that one... I suggest you READ the article and then start the spin on how it is still Bush thats doing it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070615/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_iraq

2. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    if the guy had been any good at his job, he would have kept it. pure and simple.

at least Team Bush saw the handwriting on the wall and did not renominate him. He was the Harriet Meirs in the pantheon of CJCS's.

3. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    and YOUR panties are all in a bunch because he was the first jarhead to hold the post and couldn't hold it. ah well. ;)

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,930
    That is an assumption on your part and one NOT supported by the facts. All I am pointing out is that Generals are NOT removed for disagreeing with Bush. In fact this one is being let go because the Dems do NOT like him. He is not, as most were not, fired, his tour expires in October and he won't be reappointed, JUST as the other Officers that the left have claimed were fired were "let go".

Of course you won't acknowledge the point, par for the course. Instead you try to change the subject because you know the POINT is bad for your party. And what do Liberals do when they can not refute facts? They attack the messenger in the hopes they can obfusicate the real point.

5. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    I never suggested for a minute that he was fired for disagreeing with Bush. I suggested that he was not renominated, even though the initial plan was to do so, because it was clear that congress, if not the rest of the administration, felt he was incompetent.

6. The Man @ Lunch

The Man @ Lunch Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    It doesn't matter which officer holds the job.

Bush broke something that's impossible to fix. The military in particular bought the story hook, line, and sinker, and now they're STILL in denial. It'd be funny if we didn't have so many dead kids. :sad:

7. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    I wouldn't say IMPOSSIBLE...

we just dont seem to have much luck moving the fragile china by tossing a grenade into the room.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Unsubstantiated rhetoric. The military does as the CinC orders it to. It doesn't matter whether or not it buys what.

To the contrary, I would say military personnel are head and shoulders above the whiney-ass civilians I see every day. We still possess the belief that if you give us a shitty job, we'll get it done so long as we're allowed to do what is necessary to accomplish the task. Unlike the whiney, snot-nosed left-wingnuts who, the very second the going gets the least bit difficult, toss in the towel and declare the situation "unwinnable."

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    He wasn't renominated because he isn't a kiss-ass roll-over political proxy in uniform.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    My understanding, Bush failed to renominate, knowing the dems would make an issue. Pox on both.