Blacks .. Still Chumps of the Democratic Party..

Was Gov. Wallace some sort of flaming liberal? David Duke? Strom Thurmond? The civil rights movement changed the political landscape in the South. It's not a matter of blame, it's what happened.

Yawn...Top Racist Democrat Quotes

There's plenty more if you'd like, I figure you're to lazy to search for yourself.

Oh no, 100 year old quotes mixed in with 20 year old off color embarrassing quotes. Yet you get by calling blacks "chumps".
They are obviously chumps. They get promised plenty before an election then gets screwed over soon afterwards..

How have things improved for Blacks the past 7 years. ?

Well, let's see, state governments actively look for ways to disenfranchise voters in ways that impact minorities the most, look to repeal healthcare that benefits the poorest, reduce the social safety net and want to eliminate affirmative action. There has been a spree of questionable killings of young black men by law enforcement, I think the question of the equitable future of minorities is a little more complex than who is occupying the White House.

Yup. It wasn't the democrats in court last year arguing that Voting Rights Amendment protections of black voters should be stripped in southern states.

It was republicans.

But hey Lumpy....maybe no black people noticed.

You also should start a thread and have your concerns commented on.

I'm just not in the mood for doing a lot of research at the moment and you neglected to provide links for your assumptions.

beside this Board keeps freezing on me. It's just too frustrating...

There's plenty more if you'd like, I figure you're to lazy to search for yourself.

Oh no, 100 year old quotes mixed in with 20 year old off color embarrassing quotes. Yet you get by calling blacks "chumps".
They are obviously chumps. They get promised plenty before an election then gets screwed over soon afterwards..

Well, let's see, state governments actively look for ways to disenfranchise voters in ways that impact minorities the most, look to repeal healthcare that benefits the poorest, reduce the social safety net and want to eliminate affirmative action. There has been a spree of questionable killings of young black men by law enforcement, I think the question of the equitable future of minorities is a little more complex than who is occupying the White House.

Perhaps you should start a thread on your topics..

You asked me a question, I answered it.
You certainly didn't answer the question I asked...you distracted

Yup. It wasn't the democrats in court last year arguing that Voting Rights Amendment protections of black voters should be stripped in southern states.

It was republicans.

I'm just not in the mood for doing a lot of research at the moment and you neglected to provide links for your assumptions.

Oh, man....that's tough, perhaps you deserve a headstart.

So, other than "You're right, conservatives have earned 100% of the black vote" what would have satisfied you?

It was republicans.

Oh, man....that's tough, perhaps you deserve a headstart.

:dunno:

It was republicans.

Dems are advocating voting protections for blacks. Republicans are actively stripping them away. Do you think black folks don't notice? Or noticing, would give a shit that some 1930s dixiecrat was involved in the kkk?

The entire premise of your argument is absurd. As it mandates a level of desperate, willful ignorance of what each party is advocating that renders your assertions meaningless.

So, other than "You're right, conservatives have earned 100% of the black vote" what would have satisfied you?

Neither Party deserves or should receive 100 %, simply put, Blacks in my opinion would be far better off if their votes weren't taken for granted (monolith voting) and so easily manipulated..Their quality of life should improve not remain stagnating or even worse.

Neither Party deserves or should receive 100 %, simply put, Blacks in my opinion would be far better off if their votes weren't taken for granted (monolith voting) and so easily manipulated..Their quality of life should improve not remain stagnating or even worse.

Well when Republicans give them something to vote for that will change.

In the mean time I'm still curious about what I said that was racist. You made the claim, back it up.

And what do republicans bring to the table to earn their votes?

Democrats have much greater involvement by the federal government in abuse against blacks by police. Defense of the Voting Rights Act. Opposition to voting restrictions that disproportionately effect blacks. Opposition to educational cuts that slash funds for black students. And a black president who has a far greater understanding the issues facing blacks in this country than most Republicans can muster.

And in response Republicans have.....what? Voter ID laws? Elimination of Voting Rights Act protections? The dismissive vitriol from conservatives over Trayvon Martin, Eric Canter and others? Bizzare claims that current Republican policies should be overlooked in favor of what some long dead democrat said 80 years ago?

Face it.....republicans haven't earned the black vote.

It was republicans.

Dems are advocating voting protections for blacks. Republicans are actively stripping them away. Do you think black folks don't notice? Or noticing, would give a shit that some 1930s dixiecrat was involved in the kkk?

The entire premise of your argument is absurd. As it mandates a level of desperate, willful ignorance of what each party is advocating that renders your assertions meaningless.

Tell me what you believe my premise is? btw it's not voting rights.

In the mean time I'm still curious about what I said that was racist. You made the claim, back it up.

You mean something like free stuff?

It was republicans.

That blacks are still chumps of the democratic party. Which, of course, is nonsense. Dems have earned the black vote. Republicans have done jack shit for it. In fact, they'd be hard pressed to be more hostile to blacks politically than they have been in the last 4 years.

It was republicans.

I don't blame you. If I was attempting to say that blacks should vote Republican then one of the last things I'd want to talk about is voting rights.

You mean something like free stuff?

No, just your stuff.

Democrats have much greater involvement by the federal government in abuse against blacks by police. Defense of the Voting Rights Act. Opposition to voting restrictions that disproportionately effect blacks. Opposition to educational cuts that slash funds for black students. And a black president who has a far greater understanding the issues facing blacks in this country than most Republicans can muster.

And in response Republicans have.....what? Voter ID laws? Elimination of Voting Rights Act protections? The dismissive vitriol from conservatives over Trayvon Martin, Eric Canter and others? Bizzare claims that current Republican policies should be overlooked in favor of what some long dead democrat said 80 years ago?

So Republicans should offer to make voter fraud easier for them?

So Republicans should offer to make voter fraud easier for them?

What voter fraud? Remember, the kind of voter fraud that voter ID could prevent is virtually non-existent. Texas found 4 cases in the last 10 years, which represented 2 cases of actual voter fraud.

That's 2.....out of 54,000,000 votes cast in the State over those 10 years. That's a fraud rate of 0.00000037%. Roughly 8 times lower than being killed by a lightning strike. The voter ID law is estimated to have disenfranchised about 200,000 people. A diproportionate number of them poor and minorities.

When your 'fraud prevention' prevents poor and minority voting at a rate of about 100,000 to 1....the minorities are going to notice. And remember.

Forum List

Back