Black Volunteers For Trump

I've had a really, really weird mix of people tell me they love Trump. All over the place.

Me, I'm still existing in my little cocoon of denial that a person like this could actually get the nomination of a "major" party.

Seriously Mac, all partisanship aside, what do expect disenfranchised people to do? On that and the Democratic stage, if you take Trump, Carson, and Cruz off, every one of these people has had a hand in creating this mess we are in. Yes, some were governors, but who stood up against their own party as they pushed us down to where we are?

Trump didn't pass legislation. Carson didn't pass legislation. Cruz fought most, if not all of the legislation. The other people went along, to get along; or ignored what was going on for political expediency.

Who on either stage went to the rally in Washington where 100s of thousands showed against the Iran deal? Want to know who? Trump/Cruz. The rest of them were to busy, but now they think it is important. (on the GOP side that is)

Now you could say it is easy for them to show up, and you are probably correct; but the point is.............if the deal is perceived as capitulation to Iran to allow a nuclear weapon as all the GOP candidates proclaim it is, then why wouldn't they show if it is really a very important issue?

A lot of people have smoke coming out of their ears at Washington. Few in Washington "say what they mean, and mean what they say." They run one way to get elected, then govern another. It is standard operating procedure in Washington, wouldn't you agree?

African Americans are no different than anyone else as Americans. In fact, they have been lied to more than any other group in this country, if you want to take the liberal route, and dissect the population into segments.

And so, the bottom line is that even if Trump leans slightly left, so what! He says what he means, and means what he says. This partisan purity test is ridiculous.

Here---------> If JFK came back from the grave and ran as a Democrat against GW, who should I vote for? JFK! Hey, guess I didn't pass the purity test, but I did pass the American test, which is what is best for America as a whole. Just because a Democrat comes up with an idea, doesn't instantly make it wrong, and vice-versa.

Personally, I want/most want someone who will stand up to BOTH party's and their idiocy. For that to happen, an establishment candidate just isn't going to cut it.
I think I understand that, and I can't blame anyone who is paying attention for being frustrated and angry.

And worse, it's possible that my reaction to my own frustrations with politics have caused me to mentally check out in many ways. Stipulated. If I didn't have to follow politics and politicians for my profession I'd probably ignore the whole fucking thing, seriously.

To put this as succinctly as I can, it just seems to me that the GOP has allowed itself to express its frustrations in unhealthy ways - purity tests, pledges, general knee-jerking, absolutism. A real line has been crossed when anyone running for office who says they will work with the other side is shunned like this.

I sure as hell don't have an answer, but it does seem to me that the current source of energy within the party is causing it more harm than good.

Except Trump is saying he can work with the other side of the aisle and leading the GOP polls while saying it...and yet YOU shun him and belittle his supporters.
Yep, I've seen that, and it's one of the reasons this stuff isn't making sense.

One Trump supporter I've talked to here says that he's pretty sure that, when Trump worked with the Democrats, his style & skills will help him consistently win with conservative issues.

Would you agree with that? I don't think it can be done without significant compromise. That's what deal-making is.

The establishment created the environment for Trump............People have had it with the current Gov't and are looking outside of the box........................

CWhVRDwUYAAyUOU.jpg

One Trump supporter I've talked to here says that he's pretty sure that, when Trump worked with the Democrats, his style & skills will help him consistently win with conservative issues.

Would you agree with that? I don't think it can be done without significant compromise. That's what deal-making is.

I think there are smart politically savvy deals to be made.

How about this...trade a living minimum wage increase for real border security. I'm not against paying a little more for a Big-Mac to get the support needed to make that happen.

How can the Democrats turn that down? It would be political suicide.

I've had a really, really weird mix of people tell me they love Trump. All over the place.

Me, I'm still existing in my little cocoon of denial that a person like this could actually get the nomination of a "major" party.

Seriously Mac, all partisanship aside, what do expect disenfranchised people to do? On that and the Democratic stage, if you take Trump, Carson, and Cruz off, every one of these people has had a hand in creating this mess we are in. Yes, some were governors, but who stood up against their own party as they pushed us down to where we are?

Trump didn't pass legislation. Carson didn't pass legislation. Cruz fought most, if not all of the legislation. The other people went along, to get along; or ignored what was going on for political expediency.

Who on either stage went to the rally in Washington where 100s of thousands showed against the Iran deal? Want to know who? Trump/Cruz. The rest of them were to busy, but now they think it is important. (on the GOP side that is)

Now you could say it is easy for them to show up, and you are probably correct; but the point is.............if the deal is perceived as capitulation to Iran to allow a nuclear weapon as all the GOP candidates proclaim it is, then why wouldn't they show if it is really a very important issue?

A lot of people have smoke coming out of their ears at Washington. Few in Washington "say what they mean, and mean what they say." They run one way to get elected, then govern another. It is standard operating procedure in Washington, wouldn't you agree?

African Americans are no different than anyone else as Americans. In fact, they have been lied to more than any other group in this country, if you want to take the liberal route, and dissect the population into segments.

And so, the bottom line is that even if Trump leans slightly left, so what! He says what he means, and means what he says. This partisan purity test is ridiculous.

Here---------> If JFK came back from the grave and ran as a Democrat against GW, who should I vote for? JFK! Hey, guess I didn't pass the purity test, but I did pass the American test, which is what is best for America as a whole. Just because a Democrat comes up with an idea, doesn't instantly make it wrong, and vice-versa.

Personally, I want/most want someone who will stand up to BOTH party's and their idiocy. For that to happen, an establishment candidate just isn't going to cut it.
I think I understand that, and I can't blame anyone who is paying attention for being frustrated and angry.

And worse, it's possible that my reaction to my own frustrations with politics have caused me to mentally check out in many ways. Stipulated. If I didn't have to follow politics and politicians for my profession I'd probably ignore the whole fucking thing, seriously.

To put this as succinctly as I can, it just seems to me that the GOP has allowed itself to express its frustrations in unhealthy ways - purity tests, pledges, general knee-jerking, absolutism. A real line has been crossed when anyone running for office who says they will work with the other side is shunned like this.

I sure as hell don't have an answer, but it does seem to me that the current source of energy within the party is causing it more harm than good.

Kind of agree with you, except I believe the Republican establishment has done it to themselves.

On another note, I am convinced that if Clinton goes to South Carolina and does not have an overwhelming victory, the DNC is going to start to try to push her out for whatever reason they can manufacture. What do you think?
I haven't looked at the upcoming primary schedule or the polls in the upcoming states, but I'd just wonder if there could be a streak where she just cleans up. That might end all this.

But yeah, I have no doubt they're concerned, and the only person I see who could ride in on the white horse appears to be Biden. And I think he would be formidable.

Yes, I actually thought Warren because of the female factor, and the fact that her slate is kind of blank; meaning there is less to attack from the right.

Biden has gaffs, but he is certainly a superior debater. He also has the sympathy thing in his favor, so any attack by human emotion alone would be seen as an assault.

Trump COULD beat Hillary; notice I said could, but there is little doubt he would lose to Warren or Biden. On the other hand, I believe that Cruz would have the best chance to beat the other 2, (although only 40-60) because then it would become ideological.

Different candidates have different strengths, thus would be better to run against certain opposing candidates from the other party. Call me a "tin foil hat," but I honestly think this gives a distinct advantage to the Democrats with the lay of the land over all. The GOP fathfull could believe they are running against Hillary, and put their best candidate forward to defeat her; only to discover that for some "reason," Hillary has to drop, leaving a DNC candidate who is thrust in, not suited for the specifics needed to run against them for the GOP. (kind of like team A consistently beats team B. Team B consistently beats team C, therefore; team A should beat team C but can't)

For me, I to am involved at least part time. It is not the actual races as much, as it is what actually goes on behind the scenes that is fascinating. If the American people actually knew what is said, how some of these candidates really are not in public, they would be aghast. Once they reach the level of "congressperson" and above, they are almost considered rock stars. For most of them, (both party's included) the only time they want to deal with the peons, is when they want their votes to keep their "rock star" status.

True statements Mac, honest......been involved in many campaigns on both sides, and won't point out which side of the aisle I heard it from--------------->

1. Did you see that womans tits in the 3rd row! I want to meet her. (Presidential candidate) ((and no, it wasn't Clinton, so don't even go there GOPers, lolol))

2. I wowed them tonight, they would believe anything I told them they were so gullible. I had them in the palm of my hand. (senatorial candidate)

3. Those people smelled out there, I need to wash my hands and face, and NEVER try and convince me to come back here again, no matter how many fu***** votes it's worth! (another senatorial candidate)

4. Is she a donors wife? Invite them over for a personal meeting. See if you can get her to wear a short skirt when she comes, hahahahahahaha! (senatorial candidate)

5. Move to the left, move to the right? WTF do you think I am, a fuc**** ping pong ball? (congress person running for re-election)

And there are many, many, more. Most of them before there was wireless microphones, so the candidates weren't so careful, and yet we both know that they forget, and still get caught, lol! The higher up they move, the more phony they can be, as their handlers tell them what to say, and when to say it.

Really America, if you only knew! Tell them Mac, I am sure you have stories to tell also.

How about this...trade a living minimum wage increase for real border security. I'm not against paying a little more for a Big-Mac to get the support needed to make that happen.

Sure, that would be an example. It's just that at this point I'm not seeing such a willingness from the GOP.

Maybe the strategy is to be absolutist before negotiations and then willing to do something like your example.

But yeah, I'd bet a lot of people would like to see give and take like that.

Kind of agree with you, except I believe the Republican establishment has done it to themselves.

On another note, I am convinced that if Clinton goes to South Carolina and does not have an overwhelming victory, the DNC is going to start to try to push her out for whatever reason they can manufacture. What do you think?
I haven't looked at the upcoming primary schedule or the polls in the upcoming states, but I'd just wonder if there could be a streak where she just cleans up. That might end all this.

But yeah, I have no doubt they're concerned, and the only person I see who could ride in on the white horse appears to be Biden. And I think he would be formidable.

Yes, I actually thought Warren because of the female factor, and the fact that her slate is kind of blank; meaning there is less to attack from the right.

Biden has gaffs, but he is certainly a superior debater. He also has the sympathy thing in his favor, so any attack by human emotion alone would be seen as an assault.

Trump COULD beat Hillary; notice I said could, but there is little doubt he would lose to Warren or Biden. On the other hand, I believe that Cruz would have the best chance to beat the other 2, (although only 40-60) because then it would become ideological.

Different candidates have different strengths, thus would be better to run against certain opposing candidates from the other party. Call me a "tin foil hat," but I honestly think this gives a distinct advantage to the Democrats with the lay of the land over all. The GOP fathfull could believe they are running against Hillary, and put their best candidate forward to defeat her; only to discover that for some "reason," Hillary has to drop, leaving a DNC candidate who is thrust in, not suited for the specifics needed to run against them for the GOP. (kind of like team A consistently beats team B. Team B consistently beats team C, therefore; team A should beat team C but can't)

For me, I to am involved at least part time. It is not the actual races as much, as it is what actually goes on behind the scenes that is fascinating. If the American people actually knew what is said, how some of these candidates really are not in public, they would be aghast. Once they reach the level of "congressperson" and above, they are almost considered rock stars. For most of them, (both party's included) the only time they want to deal with the peons, is when they want their votes to keep their "rock star" status.

True statements Mac, honest......been involved in many campaigns on both sides, and won't point out which side of the aisle I heard it from--------------->

1. Did you see that womans tits in the 3rd row! I want to meet her. (Presidential candidate) ((and no, it wasn't Clinton, so don't even go there GOPers, lolol))

2. I wowed them tonight, they would believe anything I told them they were so gullible. I had them in the palm of my hand. (senatorial candidate)

3. Those people smelled out there, I need to wash my hands and face, and NEVER try and convince me to come back here again, no matter how many fu***** votes it's worth! (another senatorial candidate)

4. Is she a donors wife? Invite them over for a personal meeting. See if you can get her to wear a short skirt when she comes, hahahahahahaha! (senatorial candidate)

5. Move to the left, move to the right? WTF do you think I am, a fuc**** ping pong ball? (congress person running for re-election)

And there are many, many, more. Most of them before there was wireless microphones, so the candidates weren't so careful, and yet we both know that they forget, and still get caught, lol! The higher up they move, the more phony they can be, as their handlers tell them what to say, and when to say it.

Really America, if you only knew! Tell them Mac, I am sure you have stories to tell also.
Too funny.

I don't know how Cruz plays nationally outside of the GOP. I agree with you on Biden, the gaffe stuff is pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. If he were to get in the GOP would be making a big mistake if they tried to rely on that.

And yeah, I've been close enough to this to know that these people are not what they are made out to be. They're just people in every way, the primary difference being the size of their prodigious egos. That's one of the reasons I don't understand the behavior of their "fans".

Rubio's getting hammered right now and I'm beginning to doubt his chances. Indeed, Trump may be the party's best hope nationally, but yikes!

Sure, that would be an example. It's just that at this point I'm not seeing such a willingness from the GOP.

Maybe the strategy is to be absolutist before negotiations and then willing to do something like your example.

I believe that if they see that they are getting something important to them...and that there are checks and balances...like the minimum wage increase is tied incrementally to completed stages of the border security plan, that there would be a willingness to accept that kind of compromise.

But what we are unwilling to accept is a wage increase for the PROMISE of border security. They have to go hand in hand, as one increases, that triggers the other to increase.

There just isn't much trust between the parties anymore.

Here's another one. Cutting spending triggers some targeted tax increases. Each side wins a little and loses a little...but in the end we all win, as the deficit and debt are reduced.

I believe that if they see that they are getting something important to them...and that there are checks and balances...like the minimum wage increase is tied incrementally to completed stages of the border security plan, that there would be a willingness to accept that kind of compromise.

But what we are unwilling to accept is a wage increase for the PROMISE of border security. They have to go hand in hand, as one increases, that triggers the other to increase.

There just isn't much trust between the parties anymore.

Here's another one. Cutting spending triggers some targeted tax increases. Each side wins a little and loses a little...but in the end we all win, as the deficit and debt are reduced.
Seriously, you're the first Trump supporter - or Republican, for that matter - I've seen say these things.

If that's the type of deal-making he's talking about, I'd be hopeful. But I wonder if he could get away with those examples during the primary process. If he said he'd consider raising the minimum wage and increasing some taxes for the right deals, would he even survive in this climate?

Too funny.

I don't know how Cruz plays nationally outside of the GOP. I agree with you on Biden, the gaffe stuff is pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. If he were to get in the GOP would be making a big mistake if they tried to rely on that.

And yeah, I've been close enough to this to know that these people are not what they are made out to be. They're just people in every way, the primary difference being the size of their prodigious egos. That's one of the reasons I don't understand the behavior of their "fans".

Rubio's getting hammered right now and I'm beginning to doubt his chances. Indeed, Trump may be the party's best hope nationally, but yikes!

Agreed Mac, especially your pointing to the "fan" thing. People do not want to understand, they are not voting for Pope, lol. If people took time to listen to the "Nixon" tapes, they would have a better understanding that most of these people are phony. I would say that they are just like you and I, but actually I think many of them are far worse.

Seriously people of USMB, all of you fan boys/girls of these candidates, how do you think they got into the position they are in? Think it was by being nicey-nice, lol! HELL no! About the only candidate running today we MIGHT even try to make a case for is Carson. And there are questions about that too! (founded/unfounded, who knows)

Thnx for answering Mac, if you like football, enjoy the superbowl!

Too funny.

Agreed Mac, especially your pointing to the "fan" thing. People do not want to understand, they are not voting for Pope, lol. If people took time to listen to the "Nixon" tapes, they would have a better understanding that most of these people are phony. I would say that they are just like you and I, but actually I think many of them are far worse.

Seriously people of USMB, all of you fan boys/girls of these candidates, how do you think they got into the position they are in? Think it was by being nicey-nice, lol! HELL no! About the only candidate running today we MIGHT even try to make a case for is Carson. And there are questions about that too! (founded/unfounded, who knows)

I have been a stead fast supporter of Carson because I see him as the most honest of the group...............I sense a Trust in him that I do not see from the other candidates........................Perhaps the trust is wrong, but I don't believe so...................In regards to Trusting the rest..................I've seen this song and dance for far too long.............................No............I do not trust them.

I know how this plays out. He will be called an Uncle Tom, a traitor. a porch monkey, and not a real black man by ignorant people who have been brainwashed by Democratic Party dogma.

I am hearing rumors that Hillary is so desperate that she is offering to pay real monkeys/apes 25.00 a day to help her in her campaign.

I know how this plays out. He will be called an Uncle Tom, a traitor. a porch monkey, and not a real black man by ignorant people who have been brainwashed by Democratic Party dogma.
Of course..........................as they will use the same old tactics against any who they are up against.................They live in the Mud.............If they are up for a mud wrestling match then perhaps Trump will Mud wrestle with them...............

MudFight.jpg

Seriously, you're the first Trump supporter - or Republican, for that matter - I've seen say these things.

If that's the type of deal-making he's talking about, I'd be hopeful. But I wonder if he could get away with those examples during the primary process. If he said he'd consider raising the minimum wage and increasing some taxes for the right deals, would he even survive in this climate?

These are the things he is saying...and people are supporting him, so, yes i do.

Trump: I'll work with Democrats

Donald Trump thinks we should tax the rich more

He was wearing too much makeup on MTP...at least on my TV.

Too funny.

I have been a stead fast supporter of Carson because I see him as the most honest of the group...............I sense a Trust in him that I do not see from the other candidates........................Perhaps the trust is wrong, but I don't believe so...................In regards to Trusting the rest..................I've seen this song and dance for far too long.............................No............I do not trust them.

Eagle, I understand, and I sincerely mean that. No offense to Democrats, but when anyone reads off a teleprompter, they are reciting the words of others. Yes, all Presidents had speech writers, I know.

For me Eagle, listening to what they say has nothing to do how they would govern, just how they will get elected. How they voted on issues are more important to me!

But then, how do we gauge people like Trump and Carson? They have no voting record! For me personally, it is why they got in the race, and what they claim is screwing us. To assume they got in a Presidential race to lie when they are a long shot to win is fantasy.

So, by using this criteria which you can agree, or disagree with.............I have come to the conclusion that the people being the most honest about what they will try and do is as follows; and in no particular order as far as who/whom is most truthful, just that they are telling the basic truth as far as what they believe and want to do........... Carson, Trump, Fiorina, Cruz, and Sanders. You can like/dislike what they are saying, but from everything I see, they actually believe in the message they are giving, and their message on basic governance is not being altered for political expediency.

Too funny.

Biden has already run for President twice and failed. I don't know what gives you confidence that he wouldn't fail a third time.

Too funny.

Eagle, I understand, and I sincerely mean that. No offense to Democrats, but when anyone reads off a teleprompter, they are reciting the words of others. Yes, all Presidents had speech writers, I know.

For me Eagle, listening to what they say has nothing to do how they would govern, just how they will get elected. How they voted on issues are more important to me!

But then, how do we gauge people like Trump and Carson? They have no voting record! For me personally, it is why they got in the race, and what they claim is screwing us. To assume they got in a Presidential race to lie when they are a long shot to win is fantasy.

So, by using this criteria which you can agree, or disagree with.............I have come to the conclusion that the people being the most honest about what they will try and do is as follows; and in no particular order as far as who/whom is most truthful, just that they are telling the basic truth as far as what they believe and want to do........... Carson, Trump, Fiorina, Cruz, and Sanders. You can like/dislike what they are saying, but from everything I see, they actually believe in the message they are giving, and their message on basic governance is not being altered for political expediency.
My decision is a gut instinct form many years on this earth...............trying to figure out who's more honest and their platform........................Which is why I've stuck with Carson...................If you want to go on the flip side..............Sanders is honest about his positions, and I absolutely don't agree with his positions.................

Between Cruz and Trump........I'm still undecided......................I don't like Cruz's position on the VAT tax...........and watched him dance when he was called on it on the debates................His dance didn't fool me or those who looked at his plan from the economics sector..............His avoidance was a lie to me................with Trump I don't like his old ties.............nor his non specific answers...................He just circles the wagons and doesn't get himself tied down to specifics.......................

So in essence...........If those 2 are my choices...............I'd flip a coin if I had to vote for one or the other today..............and would not use the coins Hillary one with in Iowa...................

tumblr_o06fp8RgyF1us21qco2_r1_500.gif

Too funny.

Biden has already run for President twice and failed. I don't know what gives you confidence that he wouldn't fail a third time.
His presence would necessarily mean that Hillary had either completely imploded or had become so damaged that Biden wouldn't have to do that much to win the nomination. It would also assume that the pundits are right, that the Democrats would not "allow" Sanders to get the nomination.

So that would take us to the general, where the GOP could pretty easily end up running someone who would look less attractive when up against regular guy, I've-been-VP-for-eight-years Biden. I'm lousy at political predictions, but Joe has a pretty decent chance against Trump & Cruz definitely, and Rubio probably.

Forum List

Back