Black Volunteers For Trump

Liminal

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2015
In Your Face
Donald Trump is evidently expanding his base of support by making inroads with the African American community. Just listen to the enthusiasm this young volunteer has for the Trump campaign.

Donald Trump is evidently expanding his base of support by making inroads with the African American community. Just listen to the enthusiasm this young volunteer has for the Trump campaign.

I thought a whole group of Black Reverend's endorsed The Trump also?

Perhaps the young black guy has a chip on his shoulder.

"They were all really nice to me...and that's the scary part." ...:lol:

I seriously doubt this video is going to have the effect you imagine it will have.

Damn those micro-aggressions. They give us racist white folks away every time. That and our whiteness.....white privilege you know!

There are several people in my family supporting Trump. This brings me to something that I find unsettling. It is always weird to me when pundits, partisans and talking heads start spewing off stuff like "This candidate is bringing in the old white people...That candidate supports lies with the Milleniums...bla bla bla. Then as usual they all come out wrong!

the biggest reason i like trump is the media and political elite hate him.

the biggest reason i like trump is the media and political elite hate him.

Yeah. The media hates him. That's why they give him hours and hours of free air time every week......allowing him to dominate the airwaves without spending a penny. It's why they have broken with decades of tradition and allowed him to do "phoner" interviews instead of making him put a camera in his face like everyone else.

The media LOVES The Donald. They know his train wreck of a campaign is ratings gold.

Did I make you feel stupid? Don't mention it. I enjoy helping people discover their true selves.

I've had a really, really weird mix of people tell me they love Trump. All over the place.

Me, I'm still existing in my little cocoon of denial that a person like this could actually get the nomination of a "major" party.

Seriously Mac, all partisanship aside, what do expect disenfranchised people to do? On that and the Democratic stage, if you take Trump, Carson, and Cruz off, every one of these people has had a hand in creating this mess we are in. Yes, some were governors, but who stood up against their own party as they pushed us down to where we are?

Trump didn't pass legislation. Carson didn't pass legislation. Cruz fought most, if not all of the legislation. The other people went along, to get along; or ignored what was going on for political expediency.

Who on either stage went to the rally in Washington where 100s of thousands showed against the Iran deal? Want to know who? Trump/Cruz. The rest of them were to busy, but now they think it is important. (on the GOP side that is)

Now you could say it is easy for them to show up, and you are probably correct; but the point is.............if the deal is perceived as capitulation to Iran to allow a nuclear weapon as all the GOP candidates proclaim it is, then why wouldn't they show if it is really a very important issue?

A lot of people have smoke coming out of their ears at Washington. Few in Washington "say what they mean, and mean what they say." They run one way to get elected, then govern another. It is standard operating procedure in Washington, wouldn't you agree?

African Americans are no different than anyone else as Americans. In fact, they have been lied to more than any other group in this country, if you want to take the liberal route, and dissect the population into segments.

And so, the bottom line is that even if Trump leans slightly left, so what! He says what he means, and means what he says. This partisan purity test is ridiculous.

Here---------> If JFK came back from the grave and ran as a Democrat against GW, who should I vote for? JFK! Hey, guess I didn't pass the purity test, but I did pass the American test, which is what is best for America as a whole. Just because a Democrat comes up with an idea, doesn't instantly make it wrong, and vice-versa.

Personally, I want/most want someone who will stand up to BOTH party's and their idiocy. For that to happen, an establishment candidate just isn't going to cut it.

I've had a really, really weird mix of people tell me they love Trump. All over the place.

Me, I'm still existing in my little cocoon of denial that a person like this could actually get the nomination of a "major" party.

Seriously Mac, all partisanship aside, what do expect disenfranchised people to do? On that and the Democratic stage, if you take Trump, Carson, and Cruz off, every one of these people has had a hand in creating this mess we are in. Yes, some were governors, but who stood up against their own party as they pushed us down to where we are?

Trump didn't pass legislation. Carson didn't pass legislation. Cruz fought most, if not all of the legislation. The other people went along, to get along; or ignored what was going on for political expediency.

Who on either stage went to the rally in Washington where 100s of thousands showed against the Iran deal? Want to know who? Trump/Cruz. The rest of them were to busy, but now they think it is important. (on the GOP side that is)

Now you could say it is easy for them to show up, and you are probably correct; but the point is.............if the deal is perceived as capitulation to Iran to allow a nuclear weapon as all the GOP candidates proclaim it is, then why wouldn't they show if it is really a very important issue?

A lot of people have smoke coming out of their ears at Washington. Few in Washington "say what they mean, and mean what they say." They run one way to get elected, then govern another. It is standard operating procedure in Washington, wouldn't you agree?

African Americans are no different than anyone else as Americans. In fact, they have been lied to more than any other group in this country, if you want to take the liberal route, and dissect the population into segments.

And so, the bottom line is that even if Trump leans slightly left, so what! He says what he means, and means what he says. This partisan purity test is ridiculous.

Here---------> If JFK came back from the grave and ran as a Democrat against GW, who should I vote for? JFK! Hey, guess I didn't pass the purity test, but I did pass the American test, which is what is best for America as a whole. Just because a Democrat comes up with an idea, doesn't instantly make it wrong, and vice-versa.

Personally, I want/most want someone who will stand up to BOTH party's and their idiocy. For that to happen, an establishment candidate just isn't going to cut it.
I think I understand that, and I can't blame anyone who is paying attention for being frustrated and angry.

And worse, it's possible that my reaction to my own frustrations with politics have caused me to mentally check out in many ways. Stipulated. If I didn't have to follow politics and politicians for my profession I'd probably ignore the whole fucking thing, seriously.

To put this as succinctly as I can, it just seems to me that the GOP has allowed itself to express its frustrations in unhealthy ways - purity tests, pledges, general knee-jerking, absolutism. A real line has been crossed when anyone running for office who says they will work with the other side is shunned like this.

I sure as hell don't have an answer, but it does seem to me that the current source of energy within the party is causing it more harm than good.

I think I understand that, and I can't blame anyone who is paying attention for being frustrated and angry.

And worse, it's possible that my reaction to my own frustrations with politics have caused me to mentally check out in many ways. Stipulated. If I didn't have to follow politics and politicians for my profession I'd probably ignore the whole fucking thing, seriously.

To put this as succinctly as I can, it just seems to me that the GOP has allowed itself to express its frustrations in unhealthy ways - purity tests, pledges, general knee-jerking, absolutism. A real line has been crossed when anyone running for office who says they will work with the other side is shunned like this.

I sure as hell don't have an answer, but it does seem to me that the current source of energy within the party is causing it more harm than good.

Kind of agree with you, except I believe the Republican establishment has done it to themselves.

On another note, I am convinced that if Clinton goes to South Carolina and does not have an overwhelming victory, the DNC is going to start to try to push her out for whatever reason they can manufacture. What do you think?

Kind of agree with you, except I believe the Republican establishment has done it to themselves.

On another note, I am convinced that if Clinton goes to South Carolina and does not have an overwhelming victory, the DNC is going to start to try to push her out for whatever reason they can manufacture. What do you think?
I haven't looked at the upcoming primary schedule or the polls in the upcoming states, but I'd just wonder if there could be a streak where she just cleans up. That might end all this.

But yeah, I have no doubt they're concerned, and the only person I see who could ride in on the white horse appears to be Biden. And I think he would be formidable.

Except Trump is saying he can work with the other side of the aisle and leading the GOP polls while saying it...and yet YOU shun him and belittle his supporters.

Forum List

Back