Black Unemployment Sets New Record Low in August

By “reverse” do you mean tax American businesses over 50 billion dollars? Cause that’s exactly what he has done. Where’s it going?
By reverse I meant what I said. Can you read ?

"China won't be an issue favorable to Democrats. It a big plus for Trump. Giving China unrestricted access to our market was an assinine thing done by 4 es US presidents.

Trump is the first US president to reverse this, and take on China, and their flooding of our economy with Chinese products"

Last edited:
why should we take the right wing seriously about economics?
Because it's the right wing that has gotten the US economy back on its feet and thriving, after the sinking ship of 2016. >>

obama-economy-sinking-ship-political-cartoon.jpg

By “reverse” do you mean tax American businesses over 50 billion dollars? Cause that’s exactly what he has done. Where’s it going?
By reverse I meant what I said. Can you read ?

"China won't be an issue favorable to Democrats. It a big plus for Trump. Giving China unrestricted access to our market was an assinine thing done by 4 es US presidents.

Trump is the first US president to reverse this, and take on China, and their flooding of our economy with Chinese products"
Ok, I believe you meant what you said but do you really think taxing American businesses over 50 billion dollars is worth the pissing contest that we are now engaged in? If he doesn’t get a deal done then what a tremendous waste. How long are you going to give him?

Ok, I believe you meant what you said but do you really think taxing American businesses over 50 billion dollars is worth the pissing contest that we are now engaged in? If he doesn’t get a deal done then what a tremendous waste. How long are you going to give him?
Pretty amazing the things we hear from Trump bashers.

"taxing American businesses over 50 billion dollars" WOW.

You do know that Trump massively reduced the corporate tax from 35% to 21% beginning in 2018 ? If so, why are you strangely talking about taxing American businesses over 50 billion dollars ?

Odd. Very odd.

Pretty amazing the things we hear from Trump bashers.

"taxing American businesses over 50 billion dollars" WOW.

You do know that Trump massively reduced the corporate tax from 35% to 21% beginning in 2018 ? If so, why are you strangely talking about taxing American businesses over 50 billion dollars ?

Odd. Very odd.
Because we are talking about tariffs and the tariffs have taxed American businesses well over 50 billion and are headed towards 100 billion very soon. Obviously you agree with the tax but my question is when is enough?

Because we are talking about tariffs and the tariffs have taxed American businesses well over 50 billion and are headed towards 100 billion very soon. Obviously you agree with the tax but my question is when is enough?
WHAT American businesses ? Show EVIDENCE of where any tariff has taxed (cost) any business anything, and how this should be seen as a bad thing.
Are you forgetting the thousands of US businesses being HELPED by the tariffs, by helping to keep Chinese products out of US stores ?

WHAT American businesses ? Show EVIDENCE of where any tariff has taxed (cost) any business anything, and how this should be seen as a bad thing.
Are you forgetting the thousands of US businesses being HELPED by the tariffs, by helping to keep Chinese products out of US stores ?
You don’t think American businesses pay for the tariffs?! Do you know what a tariff is?! Holy crap. No wonder you trumpeters are such a cult. You all are brain dead!! Wow

Google “tariffs China” and pick your source. We are heading toward 100 billion

I’m happy to compare to businesses that are benefitting from the tariffs care to site some examples

Last edited:
You don’t think American businesses pay for the tariffs?! Do you know what a tariff is?! Holy crap. No wonder you trumpeters are such a cult. You all are brain dead!! Wow

th

I asked you to Show EVIDENCE of where any tariff has taxed (cost) any business anything, and how this should be seen as a bad thing.

You showed nothing.

th

I asked you to Show EVIDENCE of where any tariff has taxed (cost) any business anything, and how this should be seen as a bad thing.

You showed nothing.
Here, let’s take a trip back to middle school economics...
Who pays Trump's tariffs, China or U.S. customers and companies? - Reuters

Tariffs are a tax on imports. They are paid by U.S.-registered firms to U.S. customs for the goods they import into the United States.

Importers often pass the costs of tariffs on to customers - manufacturers and consumers in the United States - by raising their prices.

th

You showed nothing.
Tariffs are a tax on imports. They are paid by U.S.-registered firms to U.S. customs for the goods they import into the United States.

Importers often pass the costs of tariffs on to customers - manufacturers and consumers in the United States - by raising their prices.
Here's How Much U.S. Companies Used To Pay In Tariffs

FALSE! Importers cannot "pass" off costs to consumers - not from tariffs, raises in the minimum wage, or any other unusual added cost. Here's a trip back to college microeconomics for you (which I used to teach). >> every firm has a market price at which they sell their product. It is the price you see of the product sitting on the shelf (in WalMart or wherever).

It is the HIGHEST price the firm can charge without triggering SALES REDUCTIONS, resulting in income/profit reductions. That's what makes the price what it is. So the firm CANNOT raise its price, as that would cause LOSSE$.

What did you think determined the firm's price ? Somebody's lucky number ?

And if importers are getting kicked in the ass by tariffs for importing stuff from China, GOOD! There's a reason >> they DESERVE it. Trump is stopping the Chinese stuff from coming in and flooding our stores. That's the idea of it, or hadn't you noticed ?

Target Refuses To Raise Prices Over Tariffs, Putting Pressure On Suppliers

Press Release: Tariffs not impacting consumers

FALSE! Importers cannot "pass" off costs to consumers - not from tariffs, raises in the minimum wage, or any other unusual added cost. Here's a trip back to college microeconomics for you (which I used to teach). >> every firm has a market price at which they sell their product. It is the price you see of the product sitting on the shelf (in WalMart or wherever).

It is the HIGHEST price the firm can charge without triggering SALES REDUCTIONS, resulting in income/profit reductions. That's what makes the price what it is. So the firm CANNOT raise its price, as that would cause LOSSE$.

What did you think determined the firm's price ? Somebody's lucky number ?

And if importers are getting kicked in the ass by tariffs for importing stuff from China, GOOD! There's a reason >> they DESERVE it. Trump is stopping the Chinese stuff from coming in and flooding our stores. That's the idea of it, or hadn't you noticed ?

Target Refuses To Raise Prices Over Tariffs, Putting Pressure On Suppliers

Press Release: Tariffs not impacting consumers
You must have been the worst teacher of all time. If the cost of goods rise then profits go down. The business owner will most often raise prices or make cuts. Either way the business owners are paying for the tariffs. They are a tax on American business owners. I don’t believe you were a teacher if you are struggling to understand this very basic concept

You must have been the worst teacher of all time. If the cost of goods rise then profits go down. The business owner will most often raise prices or make cuts. Either way the business owners are paying for the tariffs. They are a tax on American business owners. I don’t believe you were a teacher if you are struggling to understand this very basic concept
You must have been the worst student of all time.

HA HA. I'm not struggling one iota. You just got a lesson in microeconomics, and you muffed it. Nobody's fault that you're too dumb to understand.

Yeah. Profits will go down. But they'll go down EVEN MORE if the firm raises its price above its set market price (as I explained). You don't get it ? Do I have to draw you a bell-shaped curve of prices vs business income ? Sheesh!

Maybe you really DO think the firm's price is somebody's lucky number. :laugh:

Debating economics w/o a metric is an ascii d*ck waving contest

and most of the replies i've read probably need to squat to pee.....

~S~

You must have been the worst student of all time.

HA HA. I'm not struggling one iota. You just got a lesson in microeconomics, and you muffed it. Nobody's fault that you're too dumb to understand.

Yeah. Profits will go down. But they'll go down EVEN MORE if the firm raises its price above its set market price (as I explained). You don't get it ? Do I have to draw you a bell-shaped curve of prices vs business income ? Sheesh!

Maybe you really DO think the firm's price is somebody's lucky number. :laugh:
I think prices are directly correlated to profit margins and operating expenses. It isn’t hard to understand. Either the business raises prices and consumers foot the tab or they keep prices the same and eat the difference. Either way. Trumps tariff tax is being paid for by Americans. Keep making excuses though. I like it better when you do the work making yourself sound so dumb

I think prices are directly correlated to profit margins and operating expenses. It isn’t hard to understand. Either the business raises prices and consumers foot the tab or they keep prices the same and eat the difference. Either way. Trumps tariff tax is being paid for by Americans. Keep making excuses though. I like it better when you do the work making yourself sound so dumb
So you insist on showing off you blatant, blithering idiocy. OK. You got told where prices come from. That was the end of it.

And the links I posted, showed that NO, Americans are NOT paying for the tariffs.

PS - I wouldn't advice you to open a business any time soon. :rolleyes:

The election is over a year away. This economy could be in recession in a year. I’ll take Trump over anybody the Dems are trotting out, but don’t assume the economy won’t be an issue for Trump. How many times are you going to swallow the “China wants to talk” line?
China won't be an issue favorable to Democrats. It a big plus for Trump. Giving China unrestricted access to our market was an assinine thing done by 4 es US presidents.

Trump is the first US president to reverse this, and take on China, and their flooding of our economy with Chinese products. Even Chuck Schumer has been in agreement with Trump on this.

And you missed the point. The trade was weighs heavy on the stock market and the economy. You can agree or disagree on whether the trade more is justified, but you can’t deny it slows our economy. I never said China was an issue, it’s the economy slowing caused by the trade war that will be an issue.
If taking on China was something that needed to be done, then what better time to do it then when we have an economy strong enough to withstand any of the negative impact. And I say negative impact because no matter what we ever do to try and fix the mess caused by decades of horrible congresses and presidents, it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Forum List

Back